Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lets say for the sake of argument that Van Halen is inducted in 2003. Which singers show up with them? Both Dave and Sam? Dave, Sam and Gary?

Then they're supposed to play a tune right? What do they play? Which singer do they use?

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

IMO, I think Dave and Sammy would be there. Gary did NOT contribute to the legend of Van Halen.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

A Different Kind of Truth
    Favorite VH Song

As Is
    Last Online

10.09.12 @ 02:50 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't think any of them will show up.
    Delusions of eloquence

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Vh should send the Atomic Punks in for them. At least they won't embarrass the name Van Halen.
    "Oh come on mom. You know I'm not like the other guys. I'm nervous and my socks are too loose."-WALDO-

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Well, first of all, I still contend that they aren't eligible until 2004, but we'll have to see about that...

Second of all, there's a lot of time between now and then - I could see the brothers showing up with their singer du jour if they have one by then, I could see just the three (or even two) of them showing up and rocking out with some of the other inductees if they don't have a singer by then. But I also could see them sucking it up and showing up with Dave if nobody makes any "open letters" between now and then. As for Sammy, some question whether he gets to go in with the band (I say he should) but I have a real hard time picturing he and Dave sharing the stage. What would be a real kick would be if Sam was put in the same year for his solo material, Van Halen shows up without a singer and Sam declines jamming with them! (although I don't really see that happening, either!)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

02.14.12 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They should play a tune each with Dave and Sam. I don't think Gary should be included since he was only there for one album, and that album (if you want to call it that) didn't even go platinum. Hell, maybe they are waiting to announce singer number 4 til after being inducted next year. That way they can do what they want and not have everyone bothering them to get Dave or Sam back. Just a little side note, Sam's first VH album was in 1986 and Gary roughly joined the band in 1996, so does that mean VH will remain silent til 2006? I sure hope not Keeping my fingers crossed that their induction will lead to something new and totally kick ass from VH! Well, actually something new before then would be even better, but whether or not that actually happens is anybody's guess...
    Always one more,
    You're never satisfied.
    Never one for all with you,
    It's only one for me

Favorite VH Album

Dave stuff
    Favorite VH Song

Can\'t just have one...
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why do any of you think that VH will be in the hall of fame anytime soon? The HOF is pretty anal when it comes to hard rock, and VH's track record in the last five years is not helping their "legend" status. They're still relatively unknown outside the U.S. even. VH won't be in the HOF for at least 5-6 years.
    "I read somewhere that 77 per cent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 per cent who are apparently doing<br />quite well for themselves." - Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We're not saying they will get in in 2003. We're asking "what if they do"?

Top Of The World
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The RR HOF have been making some strange decisions lately -- Van Halen should be a lock but I'm not sure if any of the selectors of the Hall of Fame have heard much music beyond the 1960s political rock!

Eddie said before Balance was released (and before Sammy left the band) that Dave would be invited to perform with the band when they were inducted. Eddie envisioned both Dave and Sammy sharing the mike. This supposedly really pissed off Sammy.

Things have obviously changed since 1995 but I would think (and hope) that this invitation would still hold true today -- and also include Sammy. Dave and Sammy both should perform.
    "Running the ball is like making romance..."