Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This thread is pure speculation. Let's suppose that there is no VH this year, and each member decides to do a solo project. Let's also include all the former singers. I would like to see a good debate, about who would have the best commerical and critical prospects. I am not really interested in doing this as a poll, because one project may win in one area, but not the other. Feel free to include the HSAS project also.

[ February 14, 2002 at 09:20 AM: Message edited by: dog ]</p>

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 1,340 Times in 919 Posts

It would all have to depend upon what each project sounded like and what other artists they worked with. Let's face it, Mike and Alex aren't going to sell a lot on their names alone, but if they hooked up with the right people they could make some noise. Anything Eddie does would have a huge curiosity factor, and he could probably get away with more than he could under the "Van Halen" banner. Gary's Tribe of Judah deal has gotten some high marks around here, but needs a label to sell it - and if Nuno were to join... Dave - well, depends where his musical direction is heading. Having that new guitarist could generate some publicity if the guy's any good. Sammy though is who I feel is the best bet - he's established as a solo artist - his name has never left the airwaves - and if he could get a new radio friendly it that would appeal not only to the new crowd, but to classic rockers as well - he could move some records. If he hooks up with Schon and Slash, that ups the ante even more.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, FWYS
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Billy,

I agree pretty much 100%. Let's concentrate on the major players here. Eddie,Dave and Sammy.

Sammy- I think Billy summed this one up perfectly.

Eddie- Here is the real wildcard. Does he form a constant solo band, or does he work with different people on each song? Also does he sing? Or is this really the album where he should use guest vocals. I think guest vocals on a VH album is a horrid idea. A solo album would be different. I think if done properly, a Eddie solo album could go 300,000-500,000 copies.

Dave- I posted in other topics, That Dave needs to focus on his solo career. I think Dave can at least equal Sammy, and sell the 300,000-400,000 range , if not more. He needs to get a band, and tour behind it. Mix in a few VH classics, but push the solo material. Dave needs to get back to work. Let's face it, one new album in 8 years is not the way to build back an audience.

I think Sammy is the leader in the solo category. I think if Dave tried a little harder he could be there too. Eddie has a chance, but I think it is always easier for the singers in the solo category.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

It's funny how most of us discount Sam's skills and talent, yet he's the only one that can still stand on his own two feet without the rest of the cast.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Meanstreet
    Last Online

05.18.12 @ 09:24 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Believe it or not I think Dave has the hardest time staying solo. I'm assuming he's going to take his music in the direction of that crablouse song though.

Sammy can stay solo and sell about what he has been selling no problem.

Eddie could probably outsell them all on his first solo project just because it'd be his first try.