Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Someone else ever wondered if maybe the commercial failures of the more serious stuff Dave wrote, like Fair Warning, A Little Ain't Enough or Your Filthy Little Mouth has had an influence even on Dave's seemingly sheer infinite confidence and made him think he's not wanted to be serious by the audience?!?!

Maybe that's the reason why he got back on the party animal train he was on during his heyday...

[ December 08, 2001 at 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Atomic Punk DLR ]</p>
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.20.07 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I actually think Dave can be a little better as a party animal, but not always.

FAIR WARNING is not my favorite Dave album, but his lyrics and performance on MEAN STREET are amazing. SECRETS is another not-so-partyish song that he does a great job on. GIRL GONE BAD is one of my all-time favorite VH songs.

Dave isn't committing a crime, but I would like to hear him play more songs from DLR BAND or more solo songs. I know it's less feasible. I think VH could get away with playing more new material better than Dave could.
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and the rest of the first 6 albums!
    Favorite VH Song

Everthing off of the first 6 albums!
    Last Online

01.10.09 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rikk:
    I actually think Dave can be a little better as a party animal, but not always.

FAIR WARNING is not my favorite Dave album, but his lyrics and performance on MEAN STREET are amazing. SECRETS is another not-so-partyish song that he does a great job on. GIRL GONE BAD is one of my all-time favorite VH songs.

Dave isn't committing a crime, but I would like to hear him play more songs from DLR BAND or more solo songs. I know it's less feasible. I think VH could get away with playing more new material better than Dave could.
    <hr></blockquote>
    Honsestly i would love to see DLR perform a whole bunch of solo material, but i am still happy with what I saw!!!!

examples:
    Black Sand
    Slam Dunk
    ALAE
    Damn Good
    Goin' Crazy
    Shy Boy
    Big Trouble
    Relentless
    California Girls

are a few off the top of my head... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

I wouldeven enjoy an ALL solo DLR show, but I know Dave loves the stuff that he created with VH, so he will always do some of that stuff, or in the case as of now, ALOT ofthat stuff...

either way, I am a happy man!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What about LITTLE TEXAS? That's a great song. One of his best solo songs ever!
    "I had a girl beating on my hotel door all night...She was screaming, crying. Finally, I said, 'What the hell'...and I let her out!"- DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

"producer better use it, if I produce it someone's leavin' .I'm a real nice guy but Little Texas keeps things even" [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Eat Us and Smile!

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    Dave is proud of what he did with Van Halen. If you look back on Dave's career, what stands out ? The Van Halen years.

I do like a lot of solo Roth as well, but the Van Halen years were the best. Dave knows that, that I beleive is why he is doing mostly VH songs on his recent mini-tours.

I just wish he would come to STL for a show.
    With or without Eddie, Alex, and Mike.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wouldn't mind if he came to Toronto, either. In fact, I'd love it. I've never seen Dave at all.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

On Fire
    Last Online

08.27.15 @ 02:07 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I think Dave's "attitude" has always been perfect for VH. I think he's always been the quintesential (sp?) singer that can easily go from being a wild, fun-loving party man to a tough, rock 'em sock 'em bad ass! "Fair Warning" has that groove the whole way thru of Dave saying "Don't mess with me, hombre...I'm gonna f**k..." You know the rest!

I know the arguement has been stated before but with DLR's Cock's list of cool solo tunes tossed into a HEAVY classic VH set, that would be one incredible show! I wish he'd open himself up to that and give it a shot...why not? In my book, he doesn't have anything to lose. In fact, it might be a real "WOW" factor to suddenly bust out some of those tunes and make people remember he DID have a somewhat lucrative solo career...at least early on.

Do the solo stuff Dave...and don't worry about your attitude. It's what makes you you! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cabo Kid:
    I think Dave's "attitude" has always been perfect for VH. I think he's always been the quintesential (sp?) singer that can easily go from being a wild, fun-loving party man to a tough, rock 'em sock 'em bad ass! "Fair Warning" has that groove the whole way thru of Dave saying "Don't mess with me, hombre...I'm gonna f**k..." You know the rest!

I know the arguement has been stated before but with DLR's Cock's list of cool solo tunes tossed into a HEAVY classic VH set, that would be one incredible show! I wish he'd open himself up to that and give it a shot...why not? In my book, he doesn't have anything to lose. In fact, it might be a real "WOW" factor to suddenly bust out some of those tunes and make people remember he DID have a somewhat lucrative solo career...at least early on.

Do the solo stuff Dave...and don't worry about your attitude. It's what makes you you! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

At least DLR did do 2 solo songs(yankee rose, tobacco road) at the philly show I saw...oh yeah Little Texas would be very kool too...

[ December 08, 2001 at 06:38 AM: Message edited by: DLR'sCock ]</p>

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rikk:
    I wouldn't mind if he came to Toronto, either. In fact, I'd love it. I've never seen Dave at all.<hr></blockquote>

RIKK man, you are truly missing out....if he comes somewhat remotely near you, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, Diver Down, 1984, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk, Mean Street, Jump, Feels So Good, The Seventh Seal
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah... DLR's solo stuff ain't too bad in my opinion.

It was cool to see him try out different styles in the 90's, tho that commercially failed.

Anyway... I wonder what's up with him and Bob Rock these days...

Remember Dave saying he was recording with Bob Rock again at the moment?!

If not... here's a link to the transcript of the radio interview on VHND:
    DLR Radio Interview (November 16, 2001)

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    I'm a Dirty-Faced Kid... so could some cute female do me the favor and lick me clean, please?!<br /><br />"Nobody rules these streets at night but me... the ATOMIC PUNK!" - DLR (1978)<br /><br />"This must be just like living in paradise... and I don't wanna go home" - DLR (1988)<br /><br />"So put it off until judgment day... I bear the cross on judgment day" - Sammy Hagar (1991)<br /><br />Obey the DFK!<br /><br /><b>IF YOU'RE DFK... YOU'RE DFK 4 LIFE!</b>

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hain23x:
    "producer better use it, if I produce it someone's leavin' .I'm a real nice guy but Little Texas keeps things even" [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>I think the lyric is;

"produce it better use it"

A cool lyric for sure, but if Dave had a crystal ball at the time he probably would have sung "produce it then ignore it".

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This post isn't really a reply to anyone's. But if there's one thing I have to say, if he has to do another solo album than a VH album, I'd like him to sing more blues. The man's a great blues singer.

Of course, this is if we ever see this blues album. He'll probably receive one phone call from Eddie asking, "What's up, Dave?" (even if Eddie's not inviting him to do anything) and then Dave'll scrap the finished album and wait.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:12 AM
    Liked 1,485 Times in 906 Posts

I've seen Dave on his Skyscraper, ALAE, YFLM and his Lounge act and let me tell you, he was great to see live. The icing on the cake for me would be to see Dave live again but with Eddie Van Halen on his left, Michael Anthony on his right and Alex Van Halen way, way behind him. Nothing like hearing Dave's vocals with the guitar playing of EVH right along side.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Absolutely, my friend. It's one of the best combinations rock has to over. To me the only thing that reaches that sound is George Harrison playing slide over Ringo's drums and the sound of Hendrix's CRY OF LOVE band.

Why don't we enjoy a little more of the Van Halen sound before one of IT'S key elements stops living.

[ December 12, 2001 at 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Rikk ]</p>