Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: What if....

Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Is anybody under the impression that it is taking so long because maybe they are working on enough material for two albums?

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

God, what I am saying!!!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

No. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's funny you should mention this though. The other day I got to thinking how so many great bands had double albums at some point in their careers; Zeppelin with Physical Graffitti, The Stones with Exile on Main Street, the Beatles with the white album. I was thinking that it's too bad that Van Halen have never had a double album to really stretch themselves.

It's a nice thought, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I remember reading that Eddie said they were close to having enough material for a double album with FUCK and VH3, so it isn't as if they hadn't dabbled with the idea. I got the impression that WB wasn't too keen on the idea and stopped it from happening.

At this point in the game, assuming Roth is back, if there ever was a time when a double album was called for, this might be it. After the '96 disappointment for so many, Dave's 16 year hiatus from VH (BOV1 exceptions noted of course), a double album would likely make restitution to all those fans that were crushed by '96's events.

Personally, I don't think they're working on a double album either, but now would be a good time for one. Then again, if they DID put out a double album, the box set Glenn has been waiting for (for however long) would probably be that much further in the future. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

That would be cool but I don't think that's the reason. I wish they would do what Led Zeppelin did with Physical Graffiti. 8 of the songs were new and 7 were older ones that they worked on and included. I'd like to hear Big Trouble, Eyes Of The Night, Let's Get Rockin' and Put Out The Lights done again.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Halen:
    I wish they would do what Led Zeppelin did with Physical Graffiti. 8 of the songs were new and 7 were older ones that they worked on and included. I'd like to hear Big Trouble, Eyes Of The Night, Let's Get Rockin' and Put Out The Lights done again.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah, but the older songs on Physical Graffiti weren't that old. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It would be cool to hear them redo some of those pre VH 1 songs, but I don't see anyway that Eddie would ever do that. At the very least it would be cool for them to redo a couple of them for b-side releases.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Hmmm...don\'t have one
    Last Online

01.11.08 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    I was thinking that it's too bad that Van Halen have never had a double album to really stretch themselves.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] Uh, what about RHRN? I know it was live stuff that wasn't new, but it was still a dble album.

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah, I was thinking of studio albums. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Not only is LRHRN a live album, it's not a very good one at that. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I wonder how quick to forgive them everyone would be if they released a double album.

Don't see it happening. Actually, I'd rather if they had 24 songs to put 12 in the can, hit the road, then a year later drop the other 12 in the can. Two albums in two years FEELS like more since it is spread out.
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I don't think this is the time for a double album. Double-albums tend to feature a lot of different musical ideas and some bit of filler - if the reunion is happening I think they need to put out a solid single album, then if things go well, then they can get somewhat expiremental on their next album.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Can\'t choose just one
    Favorite VH Song

see above
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Considering how long we've all been waiting (patiently and not so patiently) around here most of us would love a double album. But the general mass (who WB really wants to target) won't want to pay 18 to 24 bucks for a band that many have considered to be in the "where are they now" category. I say put out a killer 12 track album (which they will), and a year or so later, release a 2 disc live cd/dvd of the 2001-2002 tour with a few unreleased studio tracks from the 2001 album and/or other b-sides.
    "These are not them, you've captured one of their stunt doubles"

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    Actually, I'd rather if they had 24 songs to put 12 in the can, hit the road, then a year later drop the other 12 in the can. Two albums in two years FEELS like more since it is spread out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The only problem with that is they'll release the first album, get on the road, piss each other off, and then we'll never get to hear the other 12 songs. I'd say, if they've got 24 songs done, release them all together. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

01.08.05 @ 11:08 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Always optimistic, ain't ya, Glenn? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    "Just once I'd like to do the right thing and not get punished for it."

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Glenn:
    The only problem with that is they'll release the first album, get on the road, piss each other off, and then we'll never get to hear the other 12 songs. I'd say, if they've got 24 songs done, release them all together. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Word to the Glennmeister, that WAS a godd freagin' point broham! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Yeah, I'm with Glenn and his "VH box-set" ...

Note to Self: SNM you were on fire yesterday mornin', you had like 10 posts within' a 7 min timeframe? Kewl [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] ...

[ April 03, 2001 at 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Eyes of the Night ]
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags<br /><br /> G4 guitar player files at <a href="http://www.freedrive.com" target="_blank">www.freedrive.com</a> the username and password are both vhlinks(lowercase). My file is under No Bozo's ...

Last Online

Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuff No More:
    Always optimistic, ain't ya, Glenn? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Usually, but not about this. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]