Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everything from VH to 1984 and the 2 on BOV-I
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why the big deal all of a sudden with Dave's voice, and him forgetting the words, bla bla bla? His voice was never that great live anyway, but it wasn't that bad. So Sammy has a better voice, big freakin' deal! His music is so boring so who cares how good it is! I think most people agree that the music Dave is playing on this tour just blows Sammys stuff away. So who cares that he had a better vocal range while he was in VH, the music sucked for the most part! B - O - R - I - N - G As far as Dave forgetting the words, he's been doing that routine for years....just listen to almost any bootleg out there and it's nothing new. It's just Dave screwing around. And so what if he's not, he's always got a good way of covering it up.
    "Have you seen Junior's grades?"

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Dave Who??

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dave Who??
    now if i'm not allowed to start trouble- than neither are you! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img]
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Originally posted by topjimmy71672:
    Why the big deal all of a sudden with Dave's voice, and him forgetting the words, bla bla bla? His voice was never that great live anyway, but it wasn't that bad. So Sammy has a better voice, big freakin' deal! His music is so boring so who cares how good it is! I think most people agree that the music Dave is playing on this tour just blows Sammys stuff away. So who cares that he had a better vocal range while he was in VH, the music sucked for the most part! B - O - R - I - N - G As far as Dave forgetting the words, he's been doing that routine for years....just listen to almost any bootleg out there and it's nothing new. It's just Dave screwing around. And so what if he's not, he's always got a good way of covering it up.
    The point is Jimmy that it's an insult to the fans. You work hard for your money, no? If you want to piss it away on some arrogant asshole who doesn't appreciate your support-go ahead. Just don't ask the rest of us to follow suit. When Dave performs, it's not about the great music he made w/ Ed & co. It's about him. Granted, it's his schtick, but a pathetic one at that. How can you forgive this guy for shitting on you in 1984 and hauling ass to be a movie star/gameshow host, etc.... He thought and still thinks he was bigger than VH and everyone else. As far as your banter about Sammy, you obviously hate him and the music he has made w/ VH. That's your opinion. Your'e entitled to it. The opinion of "most" people on this board who have seen the current tour is that Sam put on a better show. That is fact.
    WHAT IS UNDERSTOOD NEED NOT BE DISCUSSED!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everything from VH to 1984 and the 2 on BOV-I
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by aftershock5:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by topjimmy71672:
    The point is Jimmy that it's an insult to the fans. You work hard for your money, no? If you want to piss it away on some arrogant asshole who doesn't appreciate your support-go ahead. Just don't ask the rest of us to follow suit. When Dave performs, it's not about the great music he made w/ Ed & co. It's about him. Granted, it's his schtick, but a pathetic one at that. How can you forgive this guy for shitting on you in 1984 and hauling ass to be a movie star/gameshow host, etc.... He thought and still thinks he was bigger than VH and everyone else. As far as your banter about Sammy, you obviously hate him and the music he has made w/ VH. That's your opinion. Your'e entitled to it. The opinion of "most" people on this board who have seen the current tour is that Sam put on a better show. That is fact.</font>[/QUOTE]What does this have to do with Daves voice?
    "Have you seen Junior's grades?"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I wasn't talking about his voice. I saw the show in Tampa and thought he sounded fine. I'd even say he did a damn good job. What took away from that were all the mindless antics he has in the past and continues to make. It's an insult dude.

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 01:08 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Originally posted by 55starfire:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Dave Who??
    now if i'm not allowed to start trouble- than neither are you! [img]graemlins/yell.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]Relax dude. I was just joshing the guy!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

And for the record; I do NOT start trouble.

I simply comment on what others have already started.

I love Dave VH.
    I love Sam VH.

They are both great.

I JUST WANT SOME FUCKING VAN HALEN MUSIC.

Thank-you.
    CR

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ August 30, 2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Crown Royal ]

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

I continue to try and look at what Roth has been doing the last 2 tours and derive from it some objective observation that would give me an indication of his future direction.

Many have speculated that he's either doing this to prove to the Brothers he's got it still or just doing it for the fans. or both.

If it's just to prove something to the Brothers... I think it only and simply showed he can do the 78-84 catalog. That's as far as it goes.

Frankly I've seen more life from Dave in the interviews than on the tour. But the interviews soured quickly because his responses were just as canned as the one-liners heard every night from Letterman and Leno. The days of the ability to pull repetitious schtick and people think they are hearing something special and fresh are over. Go back and read/listen to all the interviews. 80% recycled schtick. In today's media environment that constant replay don't fly. The days of getting everything from a local source and not knowing it was repeated 200 miles down the road are long gone.

During the 78-84 era and some of DLR's solo years the schtick was there but his interaction with the fans and a lot of spontanious madness is what made it interesting. It's not interesting to know he's gonna jack off w/ a bottle of jack at the same point in every show.

Today's DLR performances are carefully scripted, planned and virtually no direct fan interaction... excluding the one babe or two that he spots in the front row... that act is 25 years old. I've been there done that many times... it's old it's not interesting entertainment any more for me.

Those of you who say Dave's got it... got what? He's a middle-aged man who can pull some of the same shit he did 20+ years ago!!!

Funny thing is so am I and that sure don't make me anything interesting to the entertainmant industry. Nor the people that spend their money on it. LOL

The nostalgia train will be making it's final stop this year. A 3rd year of Dave singing VH tunes with the farm team ain't gonna get a yawn from any promotors...

Now jumping back to my point. Musically what can we say Dave has going today...? Seriously? No Holds Bar-B-Q material...? Something just tells me that ain't his ticket back with Ed, Al, & Mike.
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Song

hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i was just fuckin' with ya' CR-
    I JUST WANT SOME FUCKING VAN HALEN MUSIC
    and at least we agree on something...
    zach sanders<br /><br />"My boy, we are pilgrims in an unholy land"

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll tell you why the voice issue is a big deal.

After a while you can only listen to music off key for so long. I love old Van Halen when it's played from the CD.

Dave sounds awesome on the VH CD's, but that is as far as it goes.

To me Van Halen is deserving of sounding good on all levels and that is what Van Halen became when Sammy joined the band.

Van Halen with Sammy is 4 musicians.

Van Halen with DLR is 3 musicians and 1 rock star.

Like Eddie said "Rock stars come and go. Musicians play music till the day they drop."

Eddie is not ready for his band and his name to become a nostalgic thing. Eddie wants move forward and DLR can't seem to do that.

Dave mentioned that Eddie wastes too much time away. Dave should be one to talk since he never progressed.

Anyway, I have some interesting tid bits to report.

An old junior high buddy of mine who works in New York for MTV as a PA was telling me that he spoke with Kurt Loder in the reception area where everyone was having food and drinks.

My friend said that Kurt told him that he was informed early August that Van Halen (Ed & Al) have met with Irving Azoff to discuss an offer that was made. Irving Azoff has proposed that they continue with Sammy and that he would manage them if they were interested.

It gets better!!!!!!!

Apparently Sammy had discussed with Irving Azoff early on about only doing this reunion if Dave was up to it. Dave refused to do it as a slap back to Ed and Al because Dave has been pissed off ever since 2000 when Eddie told Roth he had decided not to pursue any further music with him, siting the reason as being musical differences.

Irving Azoff has apparently been working hard with the Van Halen Brothers and Sammy to get this going and from what I haven been told, It looks like Van Hagar will be hooking up in mid September and if all works out, Van Halen may possibly make their first appearance at either Sammy’s B-Day bash or A holiday type of event before the new year.
    What is understood, need not be discussed.

Eruption
    Light industrial complex on Eastern Seaboard
    Last Online

06.08.07 @ 12:27 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by topjimmy71672:
    hey jimmy,

here's the deal:

dave sucks. really, he does.

you love the guy, he's your hero. you fantasize about being him. you live in 1984. probably drive a pinto.

but that doesn't change today. today, in 2002, he's a washed-up, hairless, shiny suit wearing doofus singing songs from the 80's fronting a bunch of farm club wannabes.

hey, nothing personal. just teasing about the pinto. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

5150, Women In Love
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Serious, I got one word for u [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Your'e the man!!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SeriousDooDoo:
    "hey jimmy,

here's the deal:

dave sucks. really, he does.

you love the guy, he's your hero. you fantasize about being him. you live in 1984. probably drive a pinto.

but that doesn't change today. today, in 2002, he's a washed-up, hairless, shiny suit wearing doofus singing songs from the 80's fronting a bunch of farm club wannabes.

hey, nothing personal. just teasing about the pinto. [img]tongue.gif[/img] "

LOL!

Say, what do you suppose the over/under is on the mullet percentage over at the "Army"?

I'm guessing roughly about 85-90%, with about 70-80% of that number properly accessorizing the look with the obligatory shabby molester moustache.

Who gives a shit about the rest, at this point I'd take either Dave and a one-shot record & reunion tour OR a Sammy reunion that would stand a much better chance of being more long-lived. I just wanna see Ed play in person again.

Yeah, I know... "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"... blow me.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

balance
    Favorite VH Song

Finish What ya started
    Last Online

07.24.09 @ 01:50 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Irving Azoff has apparently been working hard with the Van Halen Brothers and Sammy to get this going and from what I haven been told, It looks like Van Hagar will be hooking up in mid September and if all works out, Van Halen may possibly make their first appearance at either Sammy’s B-Day bash or A holiday type of event before the new year.
    Ok...who are you and why should I believe you???

Because that would be too goo to be true....and I want to believe it....but why should I?
    keVH

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey, we all wanted to see the classics, dave is doing them as close as humanly possible with an impromptu band.

i think this tour safely closes the book on classic vh. it was great while it lasted, and now its a distant memory. what was great about the early vh is that they liked each other on whatever level, they had fun on stage. even if a reunion did happen, there is far too much history to jump over.

y'know theres a great line in a book and it goes something like "...you can't go home no more..."

vh is all about the legend. what was should never be again, because it's only best as an aftertaste. we got what we wanted, dave in spandex and blonde hair ... not really the same, is it?