Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am truly blessed.
    I've been showing her ebay listings of EBMM and Wolfies for about a year now, and she bought me a 98 Goldtop Archtop for $690!!!.
    After reading the topic about the inconsistencies, I was concerned. But it arrived last night and I couldn't put it down.
    Some notesthat maybe other owners can comment on. Keep in mind, I only have played one special about 18 months ago.

The frets aren't sharp, but seem just a bit taller than I expected or am used to.
    The unfinished birdseye neck took a bit to get used to, but I love it now. Though it seems "dirty looking?"
    Other than the neck, It was amazingly clean for being 3 years old.
    Pickups sound great, though the tone is a bit darker/fuller than what I expected. ( straight through a small solid state practice amp ) Will try through other amps soon.
    Only electronic glitch is that the pickup selector in the middle position has some wiggle that's noisy.

I am a happy man and thanks to this guitar, in addition to my gtrhead, I will now be putting more guitar in my hands and heart.

Peace
    GH4L
    "Choose Wisely"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:30 AM
    Liked 11,572 Times in 4,933 Posts

Awesome man, use it well, and give me your wife's phone number please. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's great Gtrhead!! I'm really happy for you, and take care of that woman. One's like that don't come along too often. My wife bought me a new strat when we were first going out, a lonnnggg time ago, and I remember the feeling. Of course there were no evh guitars then.
    Anyway, talk about a good starter guitar, and the gold top is my favorite color you lucky prick..lol
    Keep playing that baby, and watch your hand muscles strengthen.
    As far as the toggle switch goes, those are always the first things to wear out on the Van Halen guitars, both the EBMM EVH, and the wolf.
    I've had to replace a couple so far, and it's nothing to be concerned over. The switches are inexpensive and easily replaced.
    As far as inconsistencies, the early models don't seem to have the problems that the later models do, and if yours is 3 years old or more, then it's an early model. Brett's got an early model too, and I don't think his has given him any problems.
    Mine were all early models as well.
    The neck getting dirty is only to be expected on any guitar that's unfinished, and not only does it no damage whatsoever, but seals the wood nicely, and in my opinion only adds character to the neck. Very few things look as crappy to me as a white, sterile looking neck that looks like it was never played. Nothing wrong with wiping it down after playing, or cleaning it when changing strings, but your hands coloring the wood are giving it more personality.
    The standard like yours, has a neck that has a 10 degree tiltback, making them better balanced and smoother playing. Even when Ed uses special bodies, he puts standard necks on them. The 6105 frets on the wolf are tall, but easy to get used to.
    Sounds like you've got a beauty there.
    Enjoy it, and I hope you thanked your wife properly. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Brett and Tribb,
    No need to worry about taking care of my wife, she's got a nice list of to-do's and to-buys that will keep me busy when I'm not playing.

Tribb,
    Didn't mean to mislead you that this is my first guitar. I meant that the only other Wolfgang I've played was a special about a year and a half ago.
    I've played for about 25 years, have a 76' Les Paul and an 83' Kramer Pacer that I bought new.

Used to play alot more, but marriage, kids, college, and work ate up most of my playing time.
    But now that the Wolfie's here, I think my chops are going to get better.

Take care
    Peace
    GH4L
    "Choose Wisely"

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gtrhead, you didn't mislead me. I'm just an idiot like that sometimes. You and I have been playing for about the same amount of time.
    I bought a pacer deluxe in the 80's too. It was a nice guitar, till I chopped the shit out of it, experimenting on what I could and couldn't do with it. If you could see that poor guitar now, not to mention what I've done to a lot of others.
    Anyway, have fun with your wolf bud.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 06:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brett:
    Awesome man, use it well, and give me your wife's phone number please. [img]smile.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

I'll give it to you bro just email me sometime
    I am awesome