Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 12:07 PM
    Liked 379 Times in 187 Posts

Well, I found an offer I couldn't refuse. My local guitar store(Flores Music in Peoria) got in a PRS Custom 24 on trade. It is blue with a flame maple top, and a trem. It also has the 5 position pickup knob. I traded my EBMM Axis and 200 bucks for it. I really hated to give up the Axis, but I couldn't afford it otherwise, and I couldn't pass it up.
    I played it at a gig Friday night, and the sound of this thing is incredible.
    Don't worry, I still love the EBMM stuff, and I would love to have kept mine, but a choice between an Axis and a PRS is pretty easy. Maybe someday I will be able to afford to buy another Axis(soon I hope). [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

GREAT buy! I LOVE my PRS, mine is a CE22 Limited Edition with McCarty electronics (# 36 of 100).I have yet to play another guitar in the same league. ENJOY!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="" target="_blank"></a>

Top Of The World
    Last Online

09.26.12 @ 09:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love my PRS too. I have a '92 CE24. It's nothin' fancy in PRS standards, but it's a helluva nice axe. If I had to choose just one of my electrics to keep, it'd be the PRS. I love my Wolfgangs, but the PRS is a little more "special" to me.

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by nobozos:
    but a choice between an Axis and a PRS is pretty easy. . [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I agree the choice is easy but My pick would be the Axis over any PRS any day of the week.
    I don't like anything about PRS. There necks are not to my liking at all They have no "vibe" at all.They all just look ugly to me and the sound of the few that I played was your typical LP sound.
    I had the chance to compare my cheap Wolfgang special to a bunch of highend Gibsons PRSs and B Moore and Hamer guitars. Even the owner of those guitars could not believe that the special sounded better than all of them and he is a PEAVEY Hater, the PRS and Hamer guitars in the shoot out sounded almost exactly the same as the Les Pauls. They did'nt sound bad but none of them sounded as good as the Peavey.The pickups in the Peavey are fabulas for Rock guitar.
    OH but back to the Axis.. It's just a much more atractive guitar than the PRSs and the pickups sound better to me and even though the neck of the Axis is too narrow it still feels better than a PRS.. at least to me hands.
    Perhaps I don't like em because Everyone I see playing a PRS is a hacker like that guy from that horrible band.. What's thier name? The really bad Pearl Jam wanna-be, group of guys that can't write play or sing.... I really can't... OH YEA.. CREED....

[ August 01, 2002, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: four4for ]