Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a warmoth body and neck for sale, striped 5150 style with kramer logo and 5150 space tape already applied. I was going to make my own copy, but simply have not had the time.

the body is two piece alder and routed for an original floyd. the neck is maple/maple, routed for mini schaller tuners and cut for a floyd r2 nut.

with the help of rol, I striped this guitar myself and personally think its pretty good. I have plenty of pics and can provide credentials via ebay, harmony central, etc...and there are a few folks here that have seen my guitar and helped out with info while i was striping it.

and the VH lawyers can't touch this cuz its my OWN personal guitar copy....I am not producing these. thanks!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you can see pix at www.angelfire.com/rock3/montyjay/music.html

still for sale...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I pm you a question in case you didn't want to post the answer here.
    "We don't need no stinkin' click!" -AL<br /><br />Here’s my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free. A nuisance, who sent, you send for me? -Eminem/The Eminem Show<br /><br />No. Now take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they breakup. -Adam Sandler/The Wedding Singer<br /><br />He's got huge, sharp, pointy....look at the bones! -John Cleese/Monty Python<br /><br />You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?!?-Adam Sandler/Happy Gilmore<br /><br />Tell 'em I want some snatch by the pool!-?/Slap Shot<br /><br />For such a small town, it sure has alot of assholes! -Classic bumper sticker!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply....looks great.
    "We don't need no stinkin' click!" -AL<br /><br />Here’s my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free. A nuisance, who sent, you send for me? -Eminem/The Eminem Show<br /><br />No. Now take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they breakup. -Adam Sandler/The Wedding Singer<br /><br />He's got huge, sharp, pointy....look at the bones! -John Cleese/Monty Python<br /><br />You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?!?-Adam Sandler/Happy Gilmore<br /><br />Tell 'em I want some snatch by the pool!-?/Slap Shot<br /><br />For such a small town, it sure has alot of assholes! -Classic bumper sticker!

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got it and sent you a reply...

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How much $ you asking?
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Agius, are you still interested? If not, smudge is up next in line...

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Go for it man. I would if I could but I can't. I'd be short for another week or three. Sorry man. Thanks though, and whoever gets her should be very pleased. Nice work there.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Monty-Jay:
    I have a warmoth body and neck for sale, striped 5150 style with kramer logo and 5150 space tape already applied. I was going to make my own copy, but simply have not had the time.

the body is two piece alder and routed for an original floyd. the neck is maple/maple, routed for mini schaller tuners and cut for a floyd r2 nut.

with the help of rol, I striped this guitar myself and personally think its pretty good. I have plenty of pics and can provide credentials via ebay, harmony central, etc...and there are a few folks here that have seen my guitar and helped out with info while i was striping it.

and the VH lawyers can't touch this cuz its my OWN personal guitar copy....I am not producing these. thanks!
    if someone wants this but doesn't know what to do with the parts there is nothing that says I can't assemble and set up a guitar, I work cheap and I'll make it ROCK I promise.
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Monty-Jay:

if someone wants this but doesn't know what to do with the parts there is nothing that says I can't assemble and set up a guitar, I work cheap and I'll make it ROCK I promise.
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ahhh... Always the salesman
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    </font>[/QUOTE]actually I'm offering to help someone that might want it but doesn't know what to do or is not mechanically inclined enough to try it themselves, as everyone here should know I'll also talk them thru it over the phone or thru emails I don't think many "salesmen" would do that [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Monty-Jay:

Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Ahhh... Always the salesman
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

I have never bought anything from Rol and he has been very helpfull to me by answering my questions about building a 5150. I actually feel sort of guilty. Look at it this way, he was building these guitars and EVH shut him down. I personally would be alittle sour and wouldn't go out of my way to help people and he has.
    I also find it reassuring that he would put together a guitar for whatever price it may be. (If I do a decent job I might be getting in touch with Rol, I am a sort of not technically inclined person myself)

Remind you he does this as a hobby and not a job.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I still have this for sale if anyone is interested. I was actually thinking of keeping it, but I really do need the money now to fix my laptop for school. It somehow crashed on me and will not boot up so I have to pay $75+ an hour to get it fixed...Its a MAJOR bummer cuz it had all my college work on it as well as other files that I can't replace...Enough of the sob story...Its still for sale for $400 INCLUDING shipping/insurance. I have more pics too, just email me at montyjay@gci.net

thanks guys...

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'd definitely be interested. Have seen the pictures and it looks great !

I'd have a strange request though. I'd probably want it shipping to Rols for him to put it together for me. I did post a request for how to start on the building of guitars, but this would not be a project that I would like to undertake as my first one.

However, since I am in the UK, I don't know what the logistics of this would be, nor the final cost. Either of you two guys care to estimate ?

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ October 02, 2002, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went to usps.gov and plugged in a couple figures, so *roughly* around $51 for global express mail...