Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey rol,i was wondering how are the quality of the EVH 5150 body and neck from greg rodgers guitars?What size neck pockets does he use for his 5150 body?Any info you might be able to provide would be of help.I bought my last kramer body nock off from ed roman,and my neck from your old contact phil.Im looking to put a new one together...

stan

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by bmf5150:
    Hey rol,i was wondering how are the quality of the EVH 5150 body and neck from greg rodgers guitars?What size neck pockets does he use for his 5150 body?Any info you might be able to provide would be of help.I bought my last kramer body nock off from ed roman,and my neck from your old contact phil.Im looking to put a new one together...

stan
    ahh Phil, he quit a long time ago before he really got it 100% right, how was the neck from him did you have a lot of fretwork and final sanding ? I did on the first few then he got the frets right then he quit
    anyway rogers is top quality stuff, I have had so many kits from them and they are all consistant,
    better than Roman kits I will tell you that, *now
    keep in mind these are kits* as I intended, they aren't just puzzels, there is work to do on them
    such as nut height and you will have to dress the side of the frets, they are in Wasington state it rains there 3 times a week so when they ship an unfinished neck to hot sunny Az you can imagine but there leveleling is outstanding. The pockets will fit standard strat heels like you'd get from warmoth it's easier that way so you can choose just about any neck you want to put on them.
    Thanks
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

Rol built me a guitar with the greggrogers kit and it`s great . It`s my best sounding guitar , he used a SD custom pickup , the body is the 5150 and the neck is the 1 5/8 from the VHI kit . [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rol,
    Phils neck was pretty fucked up.I had to do a lot of work to it,and i am still not happy with it.Im just going to buy a body and neck from greg rodgers.i will take care of the rest of the stuff.Do you happen to know the measurement of where he puts the pickup route?the distance from the center of the floydrose post to the edge of the pickup route?Also how deep is his pickup route?appreciate the info...

stan

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:21 PM
    Liked 11,559 Times in 4,925 Posts

I think we should rename this forum "Rol's Guitar Room." [img]smile.gif[/img] Guy has all the answers. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

Rol,
    Do you happen to know the measurement of where he puts the pickup route?the distance from the center of the floydrose post to the edge of the pickup route?Also how deep is his pickup route?appreciate the info...

stan
    BMF I have the 5150 body from GR. I don't know if this is the correct answer but the pickup cavity is one-half inch deep and also the center of the floyd post to the cavity is one-half inch.

BTW can anyone get onto their website it has been down for 2 days

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Onirb:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by bmf5150:
    Rol,
    Do you happen to know the measurement of where he puts the pickup route?the distance from the center of the floydrose post to the edge of the pickup route?Also how deep is his pickup route?appreciate the info...

stan
    BMF I have the 5150 body from GR. I don't know if this is the correct answer but the pickup cavity is one-half inch deep and also the center of the floyd post to the cavity is one-half inch.

BTW can anyone get onto their website it has been down for 2 days
    </font>[/QUOTE]no I can't get on the website but I talked to Gregg yesterday probably updates or something, the
    pickup depth is 1\2" I need to get him to correct that, doing my math here it should be
    7\16" not 1\2", also the floyd center posts (from the center) to the pickup route is 9\16".
    anymore questions just ask. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Rol.

btw Greggs stuff is miles above phils, I had a lot of work to do on the first 5 or 6 that I got, he did get better though but still not as good as Gregg.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Brett:
    I think we should rename this forum "Rol's Guitar Room." [img]smile.gif[/img] Guy has all the answers. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    awwww shucks [img]redface.gif[/img] thanks Brett but really there are several on this list who know much more than me, I'm just the geek who happens to sit by the pc while I'm building.
    Rol.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.22.13 @ 03:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll also chime in and state that Gregg Roger's work is quite good. I've been very pleased with everything I've bought from him so far. And the prices are reasonable for such a customised body.

Rol,

I know that the Kramer and Franky bodies are built to your specs. I'm curious, how did you initially determine these specs? I was thinking about this the other day, and was wondering.

Eric

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by coolez:
    I'll also chime in and state that Gregg Roger's work is quite good. I've been very pleased with everything I've bought from him so far. And the prices are reasonable for such a customised body.

Rol,

I know that the Kramer and Franky bodies are built to your specs. I'm curious, how did you initially determine these specs? I was thinking about this the other day, and was wondering.

Eric
    quite simple, I guessed [img]tongue.gif[/img]

no I had a body I got from, a guy that speced it years ago, it is a Pacer special prototype, it is basically the same as a baretta but with a non slanted pickup and the body is 1\2" shorter, it was also confirmed by digitized full size pictures of Eds real one, you've all seen the picture.
    rol.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks rol.....i will purchase from greg.i liked ed romans bodies ,but his necks were incorrect.he is too pricy too...

stan

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks rol.....i will purchase from greg.i liked ed romans bodies ,but his necks were incorrect.he is too pricy too...

stan
    Romans kits were actually Jfrog kits he just called 5150 , you are correct the neck was very wrong but the body wasn't right for a 5150 either, as I mentioned it was a JFrog kit, the arm cut away on the upper bottom end of the guitar is like a cliff it's nearly at a 45* angle
    and the necks I had from him (3 of them ) all needed hours of fret work, admitedly rogers necks need the tangs dressed but I'm talking a couple frets needed popped back in and they all needed releveled, re crowned , polished and tang dressed, for $275 a neck that was ridiculas.
    You'll do yourself right with a kit from Rogers trust me and if you run into any problems, just email me I've built one or two [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Rol.

also on a side note, Roman claims that Kramer copied the Baretta from his Jfrog, the guy never stops [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by coolez:

Rol,

Eric
    oh and for the franky body he already made the strat bods in the sixties pattern just by coincedence (sic) I mailed him a template of the fucked up pickup routing I took from a sized photo
    using known points like floyd fine tuner size and center fret to center fret, it's as close as anyones will ever get.
    Rol.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what about the bodies and kits from http://www.vh-guitarstore.com/ Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with them???

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Monty-Jay:
    what about the bodies and kits from http://www.vh-guitarstore.com/ Does anyone have any knowledge/experience with them???
    I personally have not had his stuff, although an associate of mine did order a neck or 2 from him and his words to me were that he would not order from him again and he would continue using rogers,
    I was told the fret jobs were very bad and needed to relevel the entire neck and that the total quality was so-so .
    I havn't heard a thing about his bodies.
    I do know the guy his name is Doug Bass ,he emailed quite a while ago to tell me my space tape was wrong and that he'd sell me his "correct" set for $40 that was one (1) ste btw(how generous) and also told me I painted my guitars backwards, so I just kind of ignored him from then on, I was told by a freind on this list he likes to knock my guitars every chance he
    gets I guess it makes him feel better, I've called him on it over on another forum but I'm done it's not worth it.
    Now with all that said, if I truly had heard he had a good product I'd say so, and with some wheelin' and dealin' I would probably have bought some from him myself but I trust what I was told so I stay away.
    Necks no matter where you get them may and usually do need some attention, take greggrogersguitars.com for example, you if you wanted you could just throw one of their necks on a guitar and string it up, it would play but I can also say there would be some frets somewhere on that neck that needed minor attention besides the tang dressing , now getting a neck and having to basically relevel and crown and dress the whole thing isn't worth it when you can get better for the same or less $$ that you have to do very little work to.
    so again my suggestion is
    www.greggrogersguitars.com
    for kits.
    Rol.