Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all!

I'm not sure if anyone has posted these links before, but I thought you might enjoy these. The first if a brief and interesting history of Kramer guitars and how they dominated the industry in the 80's written by a guy who worker for Kramer. http://www.edromanguitars.com/closekra.htm

The second is a page showing a bunch of guitars that Eddie use to use that are for sale, and at the bottom of the page there is a cool picture of some guys amazing Eddie style guitar collection. check it out! http://www.edromanguitars.com/rock/tribevh.htm

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The history of Kramers is pretty widely known by guitarists into Van Halen.
    The site you linked to is owned by Ed Roman, a man who has stated that Ed's guitars were and are peices of shit, and that he could build them better.
    Judging by a great no. of complaints posted all over the internet about his work and highly inflated prices, as well as the crappy way he deals with unsatisfied customers, you're probably looking for trouble by dealing with this guy, but it's your money.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

and if you think ed romans hated here at a van halen site....check out what they say about him at a vai site like jemsite.com...he seems to be hated everywhere and he deserves it......

[ June 17, 2001 at 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Rick S ]
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick S:
    and if you think ed romans hated here at a van halen site....check out what they say about him at a vai site like jemsite.com...he seems to be hated everywhere and he deserves it......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Eruption
    Last Online

07.14.10 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tribb:
    The site you linked to is owned by Ed Roman, a man who has stated that Ed's guitars were and are peices of shit, and that he could build them better.
    Judging by a great no. of complaints posted all over the internet about his work and highly inflated prices, as well as the crappy way he deals with unsatisfied customers, you're probably looking for trouble by dealing with this guy, but it's your money.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, from what I hear Ed Roman is a jackass. They say that it is HIS guitars that are pieces of shit, and yet he still charges an arm and a leg for them. If anyone wants to see some good replicas at a decent price, check out Rollie's site. He does pretty good work. http://www.rolsguitars.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I checked out Rollie's site. Seems to do great work, and his prices are fair. I learned a few things I didn't know about Ed's kramers as well.
    I wonder if there's anyone out there who's had one built by him. It'd be good to get a review.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Eddie himself would say that his guitars were pieces of shit. So if that's true, getting a shitty quality guitar from this Roman guy may be historically accurate! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

From what I have heard of this RolsGuitars fellow, he does good work, and if what Eddie said were true, then these 'replicas' are likely far better than the originals!
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All you have to do to get a good idea that Ed Roman is a jackass is check out his website. He's got these nasty looking 80's reject chicks on there posing with guitars and the captions are even worse. He's talking about how great his shit is and how he tolerates "no junk" from dealers and sends back guitars that don't meet his specs etc. How come everyone in the music business is an asshole? Almost all music store people i've ran into are jerks and so are most of the club promoters and owners i've came in contact with. I got into music to get away from the competition and cut throat BS i ran into with sports and realize that music is just as bad, if not worse. On a final note, fuck Ed Roman and his stupid PRS guitars.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

AxeSlinger you're right. The music business has more than it's share of assholes in the management, bar, and booking fields. The music end of it is almost nonexistent when it comes to the profit side of it. "Forget how good the band is. Will they make us money" is the key line nowadays, unfortunatley.
    I run into these jerkoffs on a pretty regular basis and have pissed a no. of them off, just as they piss me off. The good part is that you meet some nice interesting people who do care as well, though not as many.
    AVH, you've got a good point on the Ed saying he put crappy guitars together, but he did it with cheap parts from scratch cause he couldn't find what he wanted off the rack. Those were for his early guitars, not the ones made by EBMM or peavey. Ed Roman has stated that EBMM and Peavey use the cheapest wood they can, even going as far as to say they don't glue the sections properly and leave wormholes in the wood.
    Then he builds the same guitar, but without the right pickups and charges twice what they do for his "creation".
    There's integrety for you.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed Roman has stated that EBMM and Peavey use the cheapest wood they can, even going as far as to say they don't glue the sections properly and leave wormholes in the wood.
    Then he builds the same guitar, but without the right pickups and charges twice what they do for his "creation".
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I get a kick out of how Ed Roman brags about how good he is at installing Floyd Rose bridges. Is installing a Floyd Rose bridge worthy of bragging about and going around saying "I do it better than everyone else because i've been doing it since they came out?" He's probably another one of these scumbags that charges like $189.99 or some ridiculous amount for one when you can usually find them for around $100.00 and sometimes cheaper. BTW, he's really gotta get those Aqua Net queens off of his site. They just make him look bad.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting comments here. So this Ed Roman guy is a jerk. You're right about the 'models', they're pretty skanky looking. If he thinks these girls are hot, then it's no wonder his guitars are apparently crap. Thanks!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ed Roman has stated that EBMM and Peavey use the cheapest wood they can, even going as far as to say they don't glue the sections properly and leave wormholes in the wood.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He sounds like a really swell guy. Knowledgeable too. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hey---speaking of wormholes...

A couple years ago, the shop i worked at got a Fender Custom Shop Strat that listed for about $2700, to sell for around $1700. As was the norm for Custom Shop stuff, it was kept in the room for the top end stuff. A few days after arrival, there was a small pile of sawdust underneath where the guitar was hanging. Figuring it was just 'casual sawdust' (a common occurrence in that room), we didn't worry about it. The next morning, a larger pile was in the same spot. We took the guitar down, only to find that a LIVE WORM was digging its way out of the body!

Nicknamed the "Lair of the White Worm", we jokingly put a sign on it saying 'with special tone chamber' (due to the worm's digging). It got many people's attention that day, but luckily nobody bought it. We sent it back to Fender, who duly filled the hole and refinished the guitar, and sent it back! Over 2 years later, that guitar has not sold. It's kind of a mascot for the 'back room'. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oneself, of course every guitar player knows the way to measure a guitar's worth is to have a dumb blonde pretending to play it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I see you're a new poster here, and a guitarist to boot. Good to have you on board and hope you stick around.
    Abe, that's a pretty cool story about the custom shop "mascot". That guitar might sound great with the extra chamber that nature provided...lol. I'm curious though. Why didn't you just use some steel wool to plug the hole.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    I just find it low that E.R. would try to make that an issue just to sell his own stuff at inflated prices.
    AxeSlinger, based on what I've heard you'd probably wind up paying 250. for that 100. bridge.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AxeSlinger84:
    How come everyone in the music business is an asshole? Almost all music store people i've ran into are jerks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> damn dude ,i couldnt agree with you more !!! do i have some stories for you ! im even in the process right now of a music store owner trying to rip me off for an amp repair.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

I checked out Rollie's site. Seems to do great work, and his prices are fair. I learned a few things I didn't know about Ed's kramers as well.
    I wonder if there's anyone out there who's had one built by him. It'd be good to get a review.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's some links to reviews of Rol's guitars here: http://rhythm.harmony-central.com/cg...b=db&query=rol

Every review gives him a thumbs up...