Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

Just got my trans purple OLP Axis back from Roland , he installed a Floyd on it and it flat out kicks ass with nice low action , it also has a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge . Now I know I`m gonna get hate mail for this but I like it better than my EBMM Axis(be easy on me) I really like the feel of the neck on the OLP . Thanks for the install and setup Rol. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

All of 'em
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by 51501984:
    Just got my trans purple OLP Axis back from Roland , he installed a Floyd on it and it flat out kicks ass with nice low action , it also has a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge . Now I know I`m gonna get hate mail for this but I like it better than my EBMM Axis(be easy on me) I really like the feel of the neck on the OLP . Thanks for the install and setup Rol. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Careful, now... hehehe. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    You can lead a horse to water, but that still won't make him a duck!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Originally posted by ebmm_axis:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 51501984:
    Careful, now... hehehe. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE] Remember , Be easy on me .

[ November 15, 2002, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: 51501984 ]

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No Comment [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:16 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

JB = the "anti-Eddie" pickup. Pure spiked upper mid-range.

As for the rest......
    [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

I guess what is important is that you're happy with your axe. It's tough to top that feeling, whether you're content with a POD and headphones, or a $3000 Plexi/VariAC/Brashaw switching system.

Congrats, I guess. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Eddie rules, and if you think you sound like him, or if you think you sound good, then you rule too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ November 15, 2002, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Majestic ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

......wait a minute, didn't you go on the Seymour Duncan message boards and claim that your Custom 5 (formerly the Custom Custom Custom) sounded "thin" and harsh? Yet you've changed to a JB, which is harsher and "pointier" than a Custom 5?!?

You realize that a C5 (Custom Custom Custom) is less harsh than a straight Custom, right? And a straight Custom is less harsh than a JB, right?

Eddie's tone isn't what I would call harsh.

Maybe some adjustment to your technique is in order?

You have me confounded, bro. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Happy plucking. What matters is that you're happy, even if you *are* confusing the h*ll out of a friend.

[ November 15, 2002, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Majestic ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Originally posted by Majestic:
    ......wait a minute, didn't you go on the Seymour Duncan message boards and claim that your Custom 5 (formerly the Custom Custom Custom) sounded "thin" and harsh? Yet you've changed to a JB, which is harsher and "pointier" than a Custom 5?!?

You realize that a C5 (Custom Custom Custom) is less harsh than a straight Custom, right? And a straight Custom is less harsh than a JB, right?

Eddie's tone isn't what I would call harsh.

Maybe some adjustment to your technique is in order?

You have me confounded, bro. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Happy plucking. What matters is that you're happy, even if you *are* confusing the h*ll out of a friend.
    If you think your confounded how would ya like to be in my shoes [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img] in all seriousness I`m still learning about gear and what works and what doesn`t but thats what I have my buds on the forum for [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ November 15, 2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: 51501984 ]

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

All that matters is that you're the golden god of your own household.

If you truly believe that, and your gal digs you because you believe that, then our 2 cents don't really matter too much......even if you are playing a JB. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Play on, playah. [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

OK... I can't resist. From an economics perspective I have a curiosity, what did it cost to get the pickup and the Floyd installed (break the price down for us), and how long did it take? Thanks! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Let's see a pick too [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

[ November 16, 2002, 07:43 AM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.05 @ 03:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

As long as you like it, that's all that matters bro, I'm happy for you [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Originally posted by Majestic:

If you truly believe that, and your gal digs you because you believe that, then our 2 cents don't really matter too much......even if you are playing a JB. [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]

Beleive me your 2 cents matter I`ve learned a lot from this forum . Someone suggested raising the C5 in the bridge of my Axis and it improved the sound a lot . Sure I`m the golden god of my household why ? Because I learned some important phrases "Yes Dear" , "You`re Right I`m Wrong" , "You Don`t look Fat" , "I`d love to go over your parents house" and "Sure I`ll turn it down"

[ November 16, 2002, 12:04 AM: Message edited by: 51501984 ]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Majestic:

Beleive me your 2 cents matter I`ve learned a lot from this forum . Someone suggested raising the C5 in the bridge of my Axis and it improved the sound a lot . Sure I`m the golden god of my household why ? Because I learned some important phrases "Yes Dear" , "You`re Right I`m Wrong" , "You Don`t look Fat" , "I`d love to go over your parents house" and "Sure I`ll turn it down" </font>[/QUOTE]Spoken like a true married man. Welcome to the club.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    OK... I can't resist. From an economics perspective I have a curiosity, what did it cost to get the pickup and the Floyd installed (break the price down for us), and how long did it take? Thanks! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Let's see a pick too [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    Oh I made sure being the "salesman" that I am that I overcharged him every chance that I got, I didn't do the pickup it was already there I added a floyd, cut the neck for a nut etc and did a total setup including a fretjob, and if anyone likes it or not it left here playing and sounding as well as any guitar out there, feel and sound are both subjective if he likes it better than his Axis good for him.
    On top of that I always thought the Kimberlys once gone over were excellent guitars, way back before anyone knew about them they could be gotten for the same price as the OLP's and with a little TLC you could have a guitar that just plain kicked ass.
    I know all you hardcores don't like it but nowadays there are plenty of "cheap" guitars that are pretty damn good and TLC only makes them better, it's only gonna get worse for you to handle as more and more get made overseas.
    Rol.
    BTW I think I charged him $70-$80 , he supplied the floyd (original)I don't keep records cause I really don't care.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    Oh I made sure being the "salesman" that I am that I overcharged him every chance that I got, I didn't do the pickup it was already there I added a floyd, cut the neck for a nut etc and did a total setup including a fretjob, and if anyone likes it or not it left here playing and sounding as well as any guitar out there, feel and sound are both subjective if he likes it better than his Axis good for him.
    On top of that I always thought the Kimberlys once gone over were excellent guitars, way back before anyone knew about them they could be gotten for the same price as the OLP's and with a little TLC you could have a guitar that just plain kicked ass.
    I know all you hardcores don't like it but nowadays there are plenty of "cheap" guitars that are pretty damn good and TLC only makes them better, it's only gonna get worse for you to handle as more and more get made overseas.
    Rol.
    BTW I think I charged him $70-$80 , he supplied the floyd (original)I don't keep records cause I really don't care.
    Cool. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] I have an OLP that I am just fine with. I bought a Floyd to drop in it, but built me a Franky instead. I am happy with the feel and tone of the OLP, and even the finish is fine. I don't buy guitars to invest in: I buy them to play. I would have a year's worth of KP, and my wife would cut me off from any nookie for the next year or so if I came home with a guitar that was around $1300 [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] Personally, I like the feel of the neck just fine. No fret probs on mine though, so I guess I was lucky There, now I'm out of the closet! Damn you all for the pressure you put on us to by Ed endorsed products