Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys. We're doing a gig tonight at a bar just a few minutes from my place( a nice change), and I just got back from soundcheck. I'm on my way back but I just want to wish my fellow guitarists a good St. patrick's day, and tell you not to drink too much green beer.
    Have a good one.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good luck! and happy st.p day

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sweet Tribb, hope everything went alright but I'm sure you kicked ass. Did you face any probs during your show? Anything funny? Tell us, we need input T!!! Lol ...

G4 Member #5

------------------
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags

G4 guitar player files at www.freedrive.com the username and password are both vhlinks(lowercase). My file is under No Bozo's ...

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was a great night, but it wasn't a big club at all. It was a favour to our agent.
    It only seats about 80, but there were at least 120 people packed in there so it got pretty hot. Being St. Patties day of course every one was pretty drunk.
    We played right on the floor, and people had to pass by me to go to the bathroom. One lady walked by and knocked over my mic. stand that had my vocalist on there. It's a gizmo I use to harmonize my voice, and I thought we were cooked, but it still worked.
    Some guy must have farted in my area as he was going by cause it hit me and the singer like a brick. We stayed over with the bass player till it dissipated. Whoa it was bad. I guess green beer will do that..lol
    When we play we're LOUD, and the audience loved it, but our agent walked in at about 1:00 am, and asked us to turn down a bit. I walked over to my amp and made it look like I did, giving him the thumbs up, but no way was I gonna turn down.
    We had lots of offers to buy us drinks, but I don't drink so I passed on that too.
    All in all like I said, it was a great night. The audience was partying well and singing along with a lot of the stuff. We always bring a couple of people up to sing a tune with us.
    Everyone had a really good time, the bar owner loved us cause he sold tons of beer, and I didn't break a string so that was a plus for me.
    It was more like a party than a gig. If you were hoping for more bad stuff, sorry, we've had our share of those but this gig wasn't one of them.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Awesome recap bro, you now the funny part was that people were mingling through you guys to get to the bathrooms. Thats a classic but a 80 seat house packed with 120 crazy drunken fans don't sound bad at all. Sounded like a rocker and glad the shit went down without breakin a string. So when are we gonna hear some boot stuff from this venue?

G4 Member #5
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags<br /><br /> G4 guitar player files at <a href="http://www.freedrive.com" target="_blank">www.freedrive.com</a> the username and password are both vhlinks(lowercase). My file is under No Bozo's ...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We had to use a booth to put all our pa. stuff on and we were packed in there pretty tight. There wasn't room for recording equip., let alone proper mic. placement for recording. Like you said 120 drunken people can be unpredictable so we didn't want to leave any mics. up around the room where we couldn't keep an eye on them. We'll be taping one or two nights in the next month or so, and I'll put a couple of tunes up on freedrive. We're redoing our site in the near future and might put some mp3's on there.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Tribb, I didn't know your band had a website. What's the address. I'll check it out!
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

My Band
    Baluchitherium

Eruption
    Last Online

Tribb, nice rig. What year is your cabinet. I've always wanted a basketweave Marshall! By the way, I finally got that 71 100 superlead from the guy who almost ripped me off on ebay. I got it today. . .can't wait to try it out!
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That cab in the picture is a 66' or 68'
    That 71 head should sound really nice. Is it a master volume model? Those early heads are getting very hard to come by.

[ March 22, 2001 at 06:51 PM: Message edited by: tribb ]

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude Tribb!? No wonder why you didn't put up mikes. Look at that drum kit!? Lol ...

But you know if thats an amber wolfgang then I used to have one JUST like that one.

Thats a trip tribb, are those pickups the ones you took out that you have to sell? If so that would be weird cause I sold a Wolfgang just like it.

[ March 23, 2001 at 02:40 AM: Message edited by: Eyes of the Night ]

Eruption
    Last Online

My 71 is a non master model. I think the first mastervolumes came along in the mid seventies. Anyway, I played the amp for a little while last night, and I have to say I was quite impressed. It is truly a great sounding amp. It has a slight gain mod. No extra tube or anything, but there is a switch on the front that when you flip it up, it adds a boost to the signal. I love it! but it's LOUD!
    www.facebook.com/revery

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jape Man, that amp sounds like something I wish I'd have seen first...lol
    Eyes, the guitar in the picture is my amber EBMM, not a wolfgang.
    I had 5 wolfs, 3 of them being quilts.
    I took the pickups out of the 2 flame tops, cause the people that wanted them were going to put different pickups in anyway, so I lowered the selling price and kept the pickups. One guy put EMG's into his wolf, which I think is like pissing up a rope. EMG's suck anyway, but especially in a wolf. I tried 3 different models of emg, and they all took away from the sound of the guitar. I think good passive pickups are the way to go.
    Still, to each his own.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I noticed that when I posted last night after looking at the neck. Lol ... Umh, duh!!! [img]redface.gif[/img]

I played one before and it was red, the neck was stupid and the frettboard was to chunky for my style. It rocked sure but like I said I was just piddlin' around with it at de store.

Later that day I was in downtown Seattle and picked up that Amber Wolfgang. Man I miss that guitar, oh well what are ya going to do?