Register
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Not Enough
    Last Online

10.29.11 @ 12:39 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As I just recently learned Peavey have decided to make the horror move to make cheaper versions of the Wolfgang in Korea. I have also learned that in some cases music dealers may not tell you if it is a Korean version and may seel it to you for a high USA version price (pretty low if you ask me). Anyway now that I am aware of this trick, how can I tell a USA one form a Korean one. Does it say made in Korea on them?
    "What is understood need not be discussed, and i'm a bad ass mother".

Last Online

03.29.06 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think there is a "Made in Korea" sticker, but shady dealers will just peel it off and try pass it as a USA Wolf. But Korean Wolfs don't have EVH's signature stamped on the back of the headstock. Not yet any way.
    "You guys never forced your babysitter to put her dirty feet all over your back-bottom while you handled up onto a tattered quilt?" - Fake Greggo
    "I like to put peaches in my panties and dance around until my knees bleed, Chuck." - Fake Billy Tubbs

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just quickly, the neck will have a laquered feel to it instead of bare wood, and the top will have a quilt top and be flat like the US speacial.
    From what I've seen there are no US speacials with quilt tops, only the Korean versions.
    The best way to tell is to look the salesman in the eye and ask.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What they said. The quilt top should be the most obvious giveaway, as there is no USA Quilt Special. The Tremolo is different also, and the case is not included with a Korean Wolf.

A couple of other differences that I haven't seen mentioned before:

The headstock on the Korean Wolfgang is 1/4" narrower than a USA model.

The serial number on the Korean Wolf will be printed on the back of the headstock, and begin with the numbers "02".
    A USA Wolf has the serial number embossed on the back of the headstock, and starts with the number "9".
    Roger C

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I played a Korean Wofie today for the first time.

It's no where near the guitar that my Standard is......but then it's half the price.

Tremelo looks a lot cheaper. The bar itself doesn't swing freely like on the Standard (nor sure of Special)

I noticed it doesn't have the tilted headstock, neck has some finish on it.....not a lot.......didn't feel quite as "solid" as my Standard.

If I had just started playing......this would be a smokin' little guitar.....but I am a below average player......I don't know anything about guitar construction or wood types.......and even I could tell that the Korean isn't the real deal.

But if you're on a budget and want a new one........and you got the cash.......and you want an EVH axe.......and you don't trust ebay.........then there's nothin' wrong with the Korean Wolfie.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett