Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member
    For some you guys that know all about these type things. Realisticly what is the going rate on the EBMM VH models. I bought mine in 95 for $1800 at East Coast Music Mall. I've seen several go for $3,500 or more, but not as of late. Not gonna sell it, just wanted to get a value from some of ya'll that would know. tribb what is your take on this? Thanks guys. Out.

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:44 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Depends on the amount of wear 'N' tear on it for starters, but what really seems to matter these days is : what color is it, how figured the top and neck are, and how good of a bookmatch on the top.

Green, pink and natural are more rare.
    A highly figured gold top is sought after.
    Blue, red, purple are more common.

The rarer ones go for $2200 and up.
    The not so rare for $1500-2000.

Last Online

Premium Member
    Thanks Steven B. Kinda thought so. It was brought up this past Thanksgiving, so I figured I would ask. Out

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've seen regular colors(trans.purple, blue, pink, gold,etc..) going for between 2400. and 3500. US., depending on the condition. The green, and solid gold(not transp.) go for way more.
    Every now and then a few go for less on ebay, but as time goes on and they become more rare(which they are definetly becoming, the price will go up)
    Even the Axis which is supposed to be a next generation EVH doesn't feel or sound like them, no matter what anyone says about the pickups being the same. They're a very unique guitar and you guys that have one will understand when I say there's really nothing out there that quite sounds or plays like them.
    I talked to a collector, who's been right on the money so far, and he says it's still to soon for them to be considered a vintage type of guitar, but in a few years he feels the price on them will go through the roof. If you've got one, I'd hang on to it.

Last Online

Premium Member
    Thanks tribb. I'm not ever gonna sell mine. Try to maybe buy another one, but not sell. I can't play guitar that well, just love having them. Thanks again guys. Out.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Any thoughts on what a highly figured (curly) w/ good bookmatch, trans black EBMM in very good condiditon might go for? Is trans black a popular color. Mine looks dark green.

Oh yeah, it's autographed by Eddie on the inside & outside of the back plate!

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Transparent black is a rarer color too, Japeman. If it's got everything you say, and there's any way to prove EVH himself signed it, you've got the makings for a pretty good retirement plan. Right now? I'd guess $3000 give or take.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Trans. black isn't that rare in itself, considering they're all rare to begin with, but the curly maple top blacks are a little more sought after than the flame blacks. Like some purples, the blacks will tend to fade to a greyish color, and or to a greenish black. Keeping it in the case will slow it down some, but it's a reaction of the dye to the wood, so it won't stop it.
    I know guys that will take their tremelo covers off to get them signed by Ed. If he signed it in the last couple of years he'll usually add a 98, or 99 after his name, but before that he just signed as far as I know.
    My friends got 6 of them, all the backplates signed.
    It sounds like it's in the 2500-3000 dollar range, the fading having less than you think on the value. A no. of the purples have faded, and I've heard people say that the purples are more common than others, but if you speak to people at EBMM you'll see that they made a pretty even no. of most of them. The purples are beautiful, as are most of the others. No 2 EVH's look alike and if you call one color common, what are you comparing it to? Very few guitar models are as rare as the EVH. Hang on to it.

[This message has been edited by tribb (edited November 28, 2000 at 01:28 PM).]

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hey Tribb, by more common I mean that these are the colors that are more likely to be found for sale- red, purple, blue.

I was told that Music Man quit making pink, natural, and green ones early on because the demand wasn't there. Their reasoning being that they had to get the ones people wanted out there to fill the orders. Cuz we all know the story about the waiting period mess which caused the switch to Peavey.

Last Online

Premium Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tribb:
    Trans. black isn't that rare in itself, considering they're all rare to begin with, but the curly maple top blacks are a little more sought after than the flame blacks. Like some purples, the blacks will tend to fade to a greyish color, and or to a greenish black. Keeping it in the case will slow it down some, but it's a reaction of the dye to the wood, so it won't stop it.
    I know guys that will take their tremelo covers off to get them signed by Ed. If he signed it in the last couple of years he'll usually add a 98, or 99 after his name, but before that he just signed as far as I know.
    My friends got 6 of them, all the backplates signed.
    It sounds like it's in the 2500-3000 dollar range, the fading having less than you think on the value. A no. of the purples have faded, and I've heard people say that the purples are more common than others, but if you speak to people at EBMM you'll see that they made a pretty even no. of most of them. The purples are beautiful, as are most of the others. No 2 EVH's look alike and if you call one color common, what are you comparing it to? Very few guitar models are as rare as the EVH. Hang on to it.

[This message has been edited by tribb (edited November 28, 2000 at 01:28 PM).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info about the fading on the Purple ones man. I've never heard that. Regardless of what ever happens to the value, I'll never let go of mine. I like looking at it, because I sure the hell can't play it. LOL. Out

Eruption
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:28 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Thanks guys! I don't have "proof" that he signed it, but I have a hell of a lot of evidence: VIP passes given to me directly from him (they say EVH on the passes), photos of me and him, and a 30 minute phone conversation with him I did for a local music magazine. So, there it is. . .I don't have video of him signing it, but I can tell you that he did sign it. This was in 1995, so there is no date after his name. If you've ever seen his signature, you'd see that this one matches it perfectly — he signed it. I'll try to post a picture someday.