Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, if you had suggested this to me even as little as a month ago, I would have thought you were on crack. BUT, the thought has been crossing my mind more and more lately.

Namely, thinking of selling/trading my EVH towards a Les Paul...

Anybody have a good feel for going prices these days? Mine is sunburst, serial #89something, I think. All original except, of course, for the pickup switch. A few dings on the back and a dirty neck, but otherwise fully functional. Maybe a 7.5-8/10? I don't expect to "cash in" at all, but it would be nice if it could fully fund a new LP standard...

A good picture of it can be found here:

http://homepage.mac.com/mpackage/PhotoAlbum4.html

Thoughts? Advice? Cyanide pill?

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

dunno man, i think you should keep the EVH. i by no means have any authority when it comes to the guitar world, but i think the fact that you have one is good reason not to let it go. but hey, i'm kinda sentimental. if i had one, i'd prolly sleep with it.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

[img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    If it were me I'd hang onto it bro. Those things are going to do nothing but increase in value.

Pauls are a dime a dozen and if you have some patience you should be able to score one for a good deal.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ratter:
    Well, if you had suggested this to me even as little as a month ago, I would have thought you were on crack. BUT, the thought has been crossing my mind more and more lately.

Anybody have a good feel for going prices these days? Mine is sunburst, serial #89something, I think. All original except, of course, for the pickup switch. A few dings on the back and a dirty neck, but otherwise fully functional. Maybe a 7.5-8/10? I don't expect to "cash in" at all, but it would be nice if it could fully fund a new LP standard...

EVH as in MusicMan EVH ?? my thoughts are to take your head, place it in a door jam and have someone that really hates you slam the door on it for an hour or of coarse there is always the glass rod up the penis hole trick

oh did I say my opinion was not to do it ?

ok all smartassness out of the way the rule of thumb for anything like this is :
    if you have to ask you shouldn't do it.
    Rol.

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Yea I agree with Rol and the guys on this one, and if you be patient bro you might be able to find a Les Paul on ebay for a good price. I got mine a few months back for $450. It's a fuckin work horse and a beautiful cherry sunburst. So keep lookin and i'm sure you can find a good price for a Les Paul and not give up your EVH.
    Thats my two cents [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ratter:

EVH as in MusicMan EVH ?? my thoughts are to take your head, place it in a door jam and have someone that really hates you slam the door on it for an hour or of coarse there is always the glass rod up the penis hole trick

oh did I say my opinion was not to do it ?

ok all smartassness out of the way the rule of thumb for anything like this is :
    if you have to ask you shouldn't do it.
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Now there's a man that knows how to answer a question. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:17 PM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by ratter:

If you want I can have my 4 year old son come over and kick you in the nuts so you can have a reality check. That may wake you up.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.05 @ 03:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Onirb:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ratter:

If you want I can have my 4 year old son come over and kick you in the nuts so you can have a reality check. That may wake you up. </font>[/QUOTE]Maybe my 18 year old son could do a better job?

Jeez man, keep the EBMM [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] they are gettin' to be as rare as rockin' horse shit

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Before I go thinking you should kill yourself (take the pill), I'm curious of your motivation of why this is on your mind lately? What are your reasons for wanting to sell the EVH for the LP? You could have some valid one's in which case I'd say sell but then again, you seem to have some regrets for selling the Budda, are you ready for the regret of selling the Sunburst?

Japes
    [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] I Lie to Boys.
    [ February 02, 2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Japes ]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'll let ya know when I know!
    Last Online

05.04.14 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Keep it man!!! EBMM are doing nothing but increasing in value!! Ask my dad about that and the '56 goldtop les paul w/soapbars he had and traded for his first car!! He still gets teary eyed about that.. Sorry Pops!!! [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]
    "Reach down, between ma legs 'n'......scratch my ballsack"

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SuckaInA3Piece:
    Yea I agree with Rol and the guys on this one, and if you be patient bro you might be able to find a Les Paul on ebay for a good price. I got mine a few months back for $450. It's a fuckin work horse and a beautiful cherry sunburst. So keep lookin and i'm sure you can find a good price for a Les Paul and not give up your EVH.
    Thats my two cents [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    I don't know, my thought is pretty much

DON'T SELL THE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!

I don't mean to get off topic, but 3Piece, that was $450 for a GIBSON Paul? Or an Epiphone?
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thats a beautiful guitar, i have never seen a sunburst one in australia. Never sell it.
    rock

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for all the input, guys (except I almost stopped reading at the 'glass rod up the penis hole' part! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] ). My thinking right now is that I'll do my best to finance a new LP without selling the EVH. I *know* that an LP is in my future...it might just have to wait a bit. What brought it on is that I picked up an SG (my first ever Gibson or even remotely Gibson-style guitar, aside from one PRS) and I really, really, really dig it. That and, as much as I love the EVH, playing it always seems to put me in the rut of just playing VH licks or at least that style of music, which I'm not into as much these days. Ahh well...

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's easy to understand falling into rut, but what you have is a little peice of VH history.
    Like the guys say, and I'm sure you know, there are really very few of these guitars out there.
    Even though EBMM says the axis is "the next step", this is the "original" with Ed's design and signature on the headstock.
    Also, since you checked out an SG an decided you wanted a Les Paul, you might want to play a paul cause the necks and sound aren't alike.

Last Online

07.09.15 @ 08:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ratter, I'll take it off your hands for $200. It sounds beat to shit - a new pick-up switch!, a dirty neck! Jeez, you'll be lucky to get $100 bucks for that piece of crap. I'll extend a helping hand and give you an extra $100 just because you had the courtesy to come to this board and ask us for advice.