On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I went music store hopping today and had a shocking revelation! The main reason I went was to try out a Vox Valvetronix 1x12 for home jamming and it delivered and then some. Every tone from Plexi, to AC30 to Recto was stellar at TV volume which is right where I'd be playing it. But the big revelation came after I tried 3 Gibson guitars that were no where near set up or tuned or anything. I'm shopping for a P90 guitar and I really like the LP Special Double Cut but I had to sit there and tune/stretch the strings and retune and I would've had to do the same thing on two P90 SG's but I decided to just try the LP.(This would've never happened at the shop I worked at, no guitars went on display without being setup especially 1K plus guitars!) So I really dug the Les Paul but the strings were put on shitty and were slipping and wouldn't stay in tune.

Now this is the good part. I notice two Ernie Ball Silhouette's on guitar stands, one SSS and one HSS. These guitars BLEW ME AWAY. It's basically the best of both worlds for me. The EVH/Wolf neck shape and finish, with strat comfort and tone. The HSS model definitely had the VH vibe with the humbucker engaged and the single coils were just unbelievable and I just fell in love with that thing!

I plan on basically adding this "pair of Balls" to my collection as my two main guitars. The salesman is giving me a sweet deal on my Wolfgang as a trade in on the HSS which is sunburst with a white pickguard and he told me he could order whatever finish and pickguard color I wanted on an SSS model.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BTW, I wasn't playing the Ernie Ball's through the Valvetronix. I played those through a 50 watt Plexi Reissue through a hotplate into a Greenback cab.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I've said before and I'll say it again, EBMM guitars have been the most consistantly great off the rack guitars I've ever played.

Even if I don't like a particular model I still pick it up and end up being very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship. It doesn't matter if it's a bass or guitar, they've all been great.

That's the way to run a company IMO.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by homeunit:
    I've said before and I'll say it again, EBMM guitars have been the most consistantly great off the rack guitars I've ever played.

Even if I don't like a particular model I still pick it up and end up being very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship. It doesn't matter if it's a bass or guitar, they've all been great.

That's the way to run a company IMO.

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Damn straight.
    The silhouettes are great instruments with a wide range of sounds.
    Good choice LarryJ.
    Enjoy them.