On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got a question. I recently got a job at toys r us and so for I have saved up about $500, I should have about $1,500 by the new year so im going to buy a amp. I heard the mesa boogie triple rectifier can sound like zakk wyldes tone is this true. Also whats better to get a triple or duel.
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I always wanted to work in a toystore when I was younger. You can be like Rex from Airheads!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

EVH, I hate to bust your chops, but you've been buying a new amp now for about a year. And even after a year, you're still asking opinions on what to buy to sound like Zakk Wylde.

GO TO THE STORE, AND TRY THE SHIT OUT, AND FUCK WHAT ANY OF US THINK ALREADY!!!!!

There are plenty of places to go for info...read up at Harmony-Central.com's reviews. Go HEAR an amp at a store. Better yet, hear a BUNCH of them. And if it's Zakk's sound you so badly want to copy, keep in mind how many layers of guitars he uses at a time, in a studio, in a room, with LOTS of gear.

If you STILL want to spend more $$ than some people spend on cars just to copy one guy's sound, be my guest. But why don't you just go try the damn things out already? Nobody here has the 'right' answer for you. That's gotta come from YOU.

I've heard guys play through shit and sound amazing, and I've heard guys play through amazing gear and sound like shit. Not even Yoda could answer your question here. You must seek knowledge and wisdom; it's not gonna fall outta the sky. (the stuff that falls outta the sky is bird shit...launder accordingly)
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOL..very true.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

What Abe said!

Let your ears decide. I'll tell you one thing though straight up. You'll never get Zakks tone, even if you were playing through his personal gear. IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN!!

What you have in your head is an IDEA of what you think Zakks tone is, and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if you never find it, or if you think you got it, find out how different it actually is from what you THINK it is.

I'm not busting your balls dude, (at least not too hard) because everyone who's a serious player has been there. Hell I'm still trying to get my gear to sound like what's in my head, and I've been playing for 20 years!
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

02.21.17 @ 07:16 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Exactly! Much of a player's "tone" comes from their fingers, the amp you use, IMO, is secondary. Remember the story where Ted Nugent played thru Ed's rig, but it still sounded like Ted? Technique has a lot to do with anyone's sound. Instead of trying to sound like someone else, find your own musical identity and run with it. Many of us have been chasing "the sound" for years. That, in itself, is part of the magic of the instrument. You never stop learning about it. Good luck!

[ October 25, 2001 at 09:34 AM: Message edited by: naturallywired ]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I cant find a store here in St.Louis that carries a mesa boogie so that is why im asking.
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

See if you can find a store that will rent you a line 6 amp, or pod. They have some good mesa sounds, as well as marshall, etc.
    Before you fork over the kind of serious cash you're talking about you shouldn't be wondering if you'll like the amp before you buy it.
    That's an awful lot of money for an amp you might be dissapointed with, and because it's new it loses 1/3 of it's retail value as soon as it leaves the store.
    You might do better to find yourself a good older marshall and use a pedal or 2.
    You'll save at least 1000. dollars, and you may be amazed at what it'll do.