On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did someone know a place who got the complete tab of this awesome song !
    [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    EVH: Definitely. Playing guitar was my sanctuary. It was the one place I could go to if I got fucked around by a girlfriend, or anyone else, for that matter. It still is. If thereís something I canít deal with, I can just spend hours playing. Itís a God-given gift Ė I certainly donít know where the ideas come from. Theyíre obviously given to you, and you have to keep your fingers moving and your mind quiet. I try my best to not think about thinking, so I can just let it flow. Because when I start thinking, forget it. <br />So....why he isn't playing guitar ? ? ?

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have found this but [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img] Mean Street Tab but its not how Eddie make it in the video with the intro
    EVH: Definitely. Playing guitar was my sanctuary. It was the one place I could go to if I got fucked around by a girlfriend, or anyone else, for that matter. It still is. If thereís something I canít deal with, I can just spend hours playing. Itís a God-given gift Ė I certainly donít know where the ideas come from. Theyíre obviously given to you, and you have to keep your fingers moving and your mind quiet. I try my best to not think about thinking, so I can just let it flow. Because when I start thinking, forget it. <br />So....why he isn't playing guitar ? ? ?

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know that he tap the 12th fret on the E string and A string with is right hand but I dont really know what he do with is left hand
    In the video with the mean street video Eddie play the one of the 3 first fret with is left hand
    I dont know [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

I'm not going to tab it out here because you should be able to find it... But you are hitting the 1st and 6th string on the 12th fret to get the harmonics, then muffling with the left hand. Once you start the harmonics structure, you are tapping the 12th fret while pulling off the 5th fret for the 6th, 5th, and 4th strings. It gets more easy once you do it a few times... Of course there is more, but try this out. Once you get the rhythm of this beginning piece, the rest is a cakewalk.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you shure ?
    Cause I didnt see him playing on the 4,5,6 fret
    Mean Street Intro Video
    [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    Maybe you are right

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by VanHalen5150:
    Are you shure ?
    Cause I didnt see him playing on the 4,5,6 fret
    Mean Street Intro Video
    [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    Maybe you are right
    Uhhhhh... The video is only the intro, the 12th fret harmonics on the 1st and 6th string. I didn't say anything about the 4th, 5th, and 6th fret. I said pull-offs from the 5th fret on the 6th, 5th, and 4th strings hitting 12th fret harmonics... This is going to be a long road for you man. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok
    But me I just wanted to know how to make the Intro
    Yeah its gonna be long but i'm not playing for years and years
    It gonna make 10 month that I play today [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by VanHalen5150:
    Ok
    But me I just wanted to know how to make the Intro
    Yeah its gonna be long but i'm not playing for years and years
    It gonna make 10 month that I play today [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Rock on [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:00 AM
    Liked 69 Times in 28 Posts

Donor

This is an piece of an interview I read from GW 7/85 that helped me. I am still trying to get the rythm down. What I do is to lightly touch the strings by the locking nut.

GW What is the technique you're using on the begining of "Mean Streets ?" Yes the author asked Mean Streets not Mean Street

VH: The was bass players slap I applied to guitar. Tapping on the 12th fret of the low E and the 12th fret of the high E and muffing it with my left hand down by the nut.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Guy for those information !
    Mean Street Rock [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T
    S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S 5x
    &#0124;&#0124;--12--------12-----------12--------12---------&#0124;&#0124;
    &#0124;&#0124;o-12--------12-----------12--------12--------o&#0124;&#0124;
    &#0124;&#0124;----------------------------------------------&#0124;&#0124;
    &#0124;&#0124;-----x----x----x-------x----x----x------------&#0124;&#0124;
    &#0124;&#0124;o----x----x----x-------x----x----x-----------o&#0124;&#0124;
    &#0124;&#0124;-----x-12-x----x-12-12-x----x-12-x----12-12---&#0124;&#0124;

So Its this ?

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeez
    This song is really hard [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'll let ya know when I know!
    Last Online

05.04.14 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The secret is knowing when to lift the mute on your left hand! I lift when i slap the high strings! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Reach down, between ma legs 'n'......scratch my ballsack"

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok
    With some pratice I will be able to play this cool song
    I can play alot of Van Halen Riff Now
    They are my inspiration of playing
    They are my favorite band [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    They Kick Ass

[img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Rothville, Oklahalen, United States of Eat Us And Smile!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

House Of Pain
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

like he said the tough part is gettting the lifting and palming down with the left hand. I use the right index finger to tap the 12th fret on the high E and B strings simulantaneously, and then lift my left hand off the fret board, reapply it while bringing my thumb down to tap the 12 fret on the low E string. Get your left hand back on the fretboard before you tap the octave on the low E with your thumb. Relax cause Mean Street only gets harder from there until the riff. Then it gets a little easier. When you get that down, work on the Hot For Teacher intro. When your at that point tell us which you think is harder, the big ass stretch tapping or the slap ass intro to Mean Street!
    Eat Us And Smile!
    Damage Inc!
    I am a freaking icon, love it, leave it, or suck it!