On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi guys I just ordered the steve vai ibanez Jem7Vwhite guitar. This is my dream guitar!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone else have this guitar????What are your dream guitars????I gotta go do some backflips now see ya !!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Edward Van Halen:
    Hi guys I just ordered the steve vai ibanez Jem7Vwhite guitar. This is my dream guitar!!!!!!!!!! Does anyone else have this guitar????What are your dream guitars????I gotta go do some backflips now see ya !!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I love most of the jems I have had the 77FP,77DY
    7WH and the 77VDY and funny thing is I liked them all, and I will have one like you just ordered again. I have the 555 WH I have tuned down and use for "Bad Horsie" so I need another to play the regular tuned stuff.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I got my dream guitar a while ago, still havent found anything close to it. Some of you may recognize it.......
    Dave

[ August 18, 2002, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Space Tape ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

That makes my black Wofie Standard look like shit......and probably sound like shit....

That red fuckin' rocks!!!

BTW....does the posting of a red guitar mean that Sammy's coming back?????
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rol, when my guitar arrives form the factory will I need to make major adjustments. Should the trem and action be the best it should be from the factory. I want action as low as it can go.
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Edward Van Halen:
    Rol, when my guitar arrives form the factory will I need to make major adjustments. Should the trem and action be the best it should be from the factory. I want action as low as it can go.
    that is a very very tricky question, what defines the "best it should be from the factory?" what I mean is my best and your best could be very very different, I like medium action but my "medium"
    could be your ungodly high.

Evertime I ship a guitar out I get nervous, before a guitar goes out my door it's set to "my" best meaning what sound and playability I like, but as I said before the person recieveing that guitar may think it plays and sounds like shit,
    the jems that I have had all came with what I think is too low of action and I raised them all.

Now with saying that the guys at Ibanez should set up a guitar by lowering the strings till they buzz then back 'em off, but where that buzz point is could be very different from guitar to guitar and with the high production of Ibanez I bet it is, so there is no way I can really answer that only your hands can [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

OK OK YOU ALL CAN WAKE UP NOW [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] HELLO HELLO !!
    (my rambling had to put someone to sleep)
    Rol.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

I'm up, I'm up! Rol, how's that 555? I've heard mixed reviews about that one, but since you seem to have some good experience in Jemology how's it compare to the more expensive models? Did you have to mod anything on it/replace any parts? I recently saw a pic of Vai actually using a 555 with Flo written behind the bridge like on his 7VWH that has Evo written behind it.

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've never had my hands on a JEM, but I really like the Ibanez JPM models they were making a few years ago. At one time that was a dream guitar of mine. Presently, I have no dream guitar in mind and my bank account thanks me!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by LarryJ:
    [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

I'm up, I'm up! Rol, how's that 555? I've heard mixed reviews about that one, but since you seem to have some good experience in Jemology how's it compare to the more expensive models? Did you have to mod anything on it/replace any parts? I recently saw a pic of Vai actually using a 555 with Flo written behind the bridge like on his 7VWH that has Evo written behind it.
    my honest opinion here, the 555 once it's setup the way you like it is a damn fine guitar, I would buy one used as opposed to new they go in the $550 range, a used Jem 7vwh will still cost a grand and I can't see owning one over a 555 other than pride, the pickups even for being the dime a dozens version sound kick ass the big boy has the Evolutions in them and I think these pickups sound better anyway, the guitar is very versitile although I do not like the center pickup alone it's way to week and it must be used in conjuntion with one of the other humbuckers, the body is alder same as the big boy and it doesn't have all the gold hardware and the vine on the neck is shorter, all stuff just for looks.
    I would have no problem refering one to somebody
    Rol.