On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t Talkin\' \'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i'd like to hear about any type of experimenting you guys have done with your guitars. whether it be electronics, weird sounds with pedals, whammy bar,etc. also pick-up stuff, amp stuff, anything at all!
    Van Halen kicks ass!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.27.06 @ 08:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One time i hooked up my wah backwards on accident(plugged the guitar into the out and then amp went into the in) When i clicked to use it, i got this wierd squeal. I found I was able to manipulate the pitch of it when I used the tone knob. I't was wierd.
    ...and on the seventh day, god created Eddie! <br /><br /><a href="http://www.rosetears.com" target="_blank">http://www.rosetears.com</a>

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There isn't enough room on this board to list everything I've done to guitars and pickups.
    I've drilled, chopped, routed, painted, burned, and even coated bodies with metal. I could fill a rain barrel with all the necks I've ruined too.
    One interesting experiment I did years ago, involved wiring 5 different humbuckers together to try and make 1 10 coil pickup. I tried different wiring combinations, and they all sounded like shit. I've separated humbuckers, to try and connect different coils together. Once in a while it worked, but I never had a clue as to what I was doing, and I would fry the wires while soldering. I tried making humbuckers out of single coils. That didn't go over too well either.
    Now I let my tech, who's a freakin wizard do any serious stuff like refretting, building, and pickup rewiring, but I still keep one guitar to use as an experimental model to try stuff out on. [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

GGB
    Last Online

09.20.17 @ 08:12 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Much like tribb, I could never recall all of the funky stuff that I tried. I can tell you that when you change trems and pickups as much as underwear, Bondo is a great product!

Once I took and old MXR stereo chorus and installed it in my Rickenbacker 4001 bass. Since it already had a stereo jack, it seemed like a cool idea. I routed the area under the neck pickup for the pc board, and I mounded the 2 knobs, led, and switch into the pickguard. The knobs were a smaller version of the same ones that were stock in the Rick. It looked and functioned very well, but I can honestly say that only a crazy teenager with no common sense would take a router to a Rick. The routing took its toll on the bass as the neck-through structure was compromised. The bass took a good hit one night at a gig and cracked down the neckline. We live, and sometimes we learn!

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mainly using different stuff to get wierd sounds like I will finger chords and use the pick and slide it down verticaly. turning my amp all the way up and waving my hand over the strings and getting a high pitched noise. Blowing on my strings with the volume up. I slid a Nut-fastener across the strings where the pickups were and it made this alien sounding noise. Put an wlectric tooth bruch up to the pick-pu and it pakes that pound cake kinda noise.