Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

02.05.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I need some advice, I'm about to buy a new effects processor, and was wondering if anybody has used the digitech rp2000. any good or bad experiences?
    THanks, Marko

Last Online

09.26.15 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts

I've had a RP2000 for almost a year and have been very satisfied with it. Plus the price has gone down since thye released their new processors. This one has a LOT of great features and is real flexible. I've found that most complaints lie not in the sounds and effects, which are very good, but in the programming. For some, the programming is intuitive once you learn how to do it...for others, they can't get past the initial learning curve anddon't like it. Check out Harmonycentral.com for more reviews. I'd recommend it to you if that's what you're looking for.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If possible, try and actually hear one in a store somewhere. The reviews at Harmony Central aren't very reliable. If someone likes something, they shoot for too many 9's and 10's, and if they don't like it, they give too many low numbers. The best thing about the reviews is that you should get a good picture of what the features are/aren't, and what people would like to see in the product. So, don't put too much emphasis on the numbers!
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I tried it and didn't like it one bit. Aside from the screwy programing involved, I found it to be cheap sounding. They include a ton of shit in the thing and after you turn off half the junk it just sounded cheap to me.

Having said that, I am NOT a big effects kinda guy, and when I do use effects, I'm lucky enough to have access to studio quality stuff. The biggest thing I've found is buy what you need, and most of these all in wonder boxes sacrifice quality for quantity. I still use a SXP 90/900 instead of a lot of the newer stuff.

Like Abe said, try it, and if you love it, anything us guys says don't mean shit, cause it works for you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just bought an rp200 last week and i'm very happy with it. It comes with 80 factory settings that you can tinker with. It took me a few days of fucking with it to get my wah settings to the way I like it. Its a good deal though.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since you did ask for opinions I definitely agree with HomeUnit and Abe.
    It's not so much that it has lots of bells and whistles, which it does. It's that all the bells and whistles are very cold and digital sounding. Also like HU, I tried one for a weekend and it made me grind my teeth. I couldn't wait to get it back to the store on mon. If you compare it to something tube driven there's a huge difference. Also if you compare it to a good digital tube emulating unit like a POD or line 6 amp, you'll find a big difference there too. Although the pod doesn't always nail it exactly, it's closer than anything I've heard personally to date. It's warm sounding, very close to tubes and in some cases with the right guitar and mic. it's almost impossible to tell the difference.
    We're really not putting down your choice and I know there are lots of guys who own the RP2000 and are very happy with it.
    More power to you guys. All I'm (we're) saying is go into the store "with your own guitar", sit down and try it out against other units if possible. The bucks are coming out of your pocket, and once you leave the store the value drops by at least a third no matter what the salesman tells you, so be sure and don't go by harmony central opinions. A lot of guys on there have bought one and haven't tried it up against other units so are just rating it based on the RP2000's sound, period.
    If you decide you still like it enough to take it home then I hope you kick major ass with it. Anything that encourages you to practice more is great and can't hurt.

Last Online

02.05.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for all your advise!!
    I checked Harmony Central (you were right. they either loved it or hated it), and tested it in the store. I actually quite liked it (better than my Zoom), and bought it. I was able to arrange a good deal too..
    Thanks again,
    Marko