Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Can anybody recommend a software programme for constructing and editing music......i'm a bit of a hack of a guitarist and would eventually like to record some guitar and additional instruments on the computer, but would like to start constructing music...to listen and play on the computer.
    Thanks 'e'chops [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi Bob 'e' chops !

I started a thread a while ago asking for advice, you can see what the outcome of that was here :
    </font>[*] Recording into the P.C. thread

Someone told me to give Cool Edit Pro a go (you can get it from Syntrillium Home Page ).

Have a listen at what I've been doing lately by having a butcher's at me website....

[ November 05, 2002, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

G'day Mondola !!
    checked out your thread regarding - recording on the PC. Cool thanks for the info......also checked out the synitru *&^& syntrr - ah shit the software website...yeah I will look into that one, still costs a few bucks though, but what the hell!
    Also i'm now zipping over to listen to some of your artistic skills with the fretboard !! Will grab some beer and have a listen.... cheers
    bye the way....did you get the missus a holiday in Australia?..and did ya get your POD line 6 gizmo?
    Thanks..'e' chops!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

No probs,

There's some good advice in that thread. With the P.C. software, you can download it and use it for 21 days. Only thing is, you can only save up to 1 minute of what you record to mp3, which is annoying, but guess it is an incentive to buy it.

However, I use the mp3 converter in Winamp. Easy to use, but only saves at 56k. I haven't found anything better / easier yet though.

Yep, just booked the tickets to Australia, so that will be where my compensation money will go when it comes in. Bloody long flight ! But Jen knows someone who works at London Heathrow Airport so she can get us automatically upgraded all the way out there, so that will be worth it.

As for the POD, well I rang up a guitar shop here to inquire about the POD 2.0 and promptly got talked into the POD XT. However, that retails at £369 (although she did say she can knock 10% off it which would take it down to £339). That's $575 ($528 with the discount).

I haven't bought it yet, because I already have a Zoom 505 II that I haven't fully utilised. So I thought that I owe it to myself to play around with what I have got first before splashing out on such an expensive piece of equipment (regardless of the fact that Pete Townshend just came in and bought one). Cuz if I buy it and it sits in a box like the Zoom 505 II has so far, then it is such a waste.

Then I have to follow Prages example and constantly make references to the POD XT to Jen in order to convince her that it is worth buying.

Hence all the mp3s popping up on my website as I play around with my ideas and the Zoom 505 II. But I don't think that I will be getting the POD XT yet. However, this may all change when I go up to the guitar shop to get my guitar looked at whereby I will take the opportunity to test drive the POD XT. Methinks I will have to leave my money and credit cards at home....

"<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>