Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.05 @ 03:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

.....Played on one today, pretty good I reckon.
    Anyone have one? Whaddya think of them

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Kamikazesheep:
    .....Played on one today, pretty good I reckon.
    Anyone have one? Whaddya think of them
    To be honest I was a die hard all tube fan, wouldn't even touch solid state, then I was turned on to that thing, and that *is* my sound now, I play 2 heads in stereo and I run the pod into the input of each one, now my 120 watt 5150 is nothing but a poweramp, I run a 60 watt tubed Dean Markley on the otherside also just a power amp now.
    I absolutly love this thing and have every sound I need or want in it and I suggest the footpedal also.
    Rol
    www.rolsguitars.com

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Kewl... I've been seriously considering buying a POD Pro rackmount to go with my Marshall EL34 100w stereo power amp to replace my old ADA MP2, that I loved, but has pretty much about had it. I've played through Marshall and Laney tube heads in the past, and while I'm not giving up on eventually buying my dream rig, a Hughes & Kettner Triamp 1/2 stack, I've got too much else to blow 3 grand on right now, and I really like what I've heard of the POD pro in my buddy's rig with a Mesa stereo 20/20 tube power amp. I've got a stereo Marshall cab with v30's in it, so I'm thinking it should sound pretty badass. I also checked out the tone transfer web site, they've got some great sounds on there, including some pretty passable "brown sounds" which sound great with a little tweaking. I'm ALMOST ready to do it... IF another friend of mine turns out to be bullshitting about wanting to sell his Fender Prosonic combo, which I suspect he is, but if not... I'll be jumpin' on that bad boy with a quickness!

SBS

[ March 15, 2002 at 04:54 PM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]</p>
    What, me, worry?

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.05 @ 03:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So it'll go well with a 5150 2x12 you reckon...?

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Well it's kind of overkill to use with a 2X12 5150 imo. Get a Sparkle Drive , and some old effects and call it a day.
    I had the POD Pro for a while and I tell ya it just doesn't cut it. For 4-track demo's it's great. It cuts out a lot of the mic'ing stuff you usually have to mess with on a traditional amp, but live, forget it.
    I tried mine with every conceivable power amp setup and it still sounded like shit compared to a real tube amp. The only thing that sounded good with the POD was a 2/90 mesa power amp, and it still sounded sub par to a tube amp, and for the price, Iíd rather have a real Mesa amp.
    Amp modeling is not there yet IMO and quite honestly I donít think it can ever duplicate the tone of a tube amp. Amp modelers are too perfect. It's like they replay a recording of what they think a tube amp should sound like. They donít have any of the dynamics, and character that a tube amp can give you.
    As a player, I use my amp (78 Marshall JMP super lead) in a dynamic way. It responds to what I input to it. With the amp modelers I found myself responding to what it gave me. It all ended up in a clusterfuck. The amp modeler is sterile. It sounds the same no matter what you do with it. It's an on/off type of relationship.
    My informed opinion says to use the POD and it's offspring as a demo tool, or a thickening agent in the studio, it makes it easy. As a realistic alternative to tube amp tone in a live situation, forget it, it isn't ever going to happen.
    Depending on the type of music youíre playing, I'd say your better off using you 5150, some analog effects, and your volume knob, you'll get better results then using an amp modeler. Trust me, I've been there.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]