On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Whats the difference. Does the 100 watt head just get louder? If I bought the avt 50 head could I add more cabs to increase the volume. The 50 watt is alot cheaper than the 100. You can listen to it here avt 50 LISTEN!!!

tell me what you think [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The difference in volume from a 50 watt amp to a 100 watt amp is almost imperceptible. It is a logarithmic relationship, not a linear one. In other words, if you wanted an amp that was twice as loud as a 50-watter, you would need a 500 watt amp. A 100 watt amp is only twice as loud as a 10 watt amp.

The volume could increase or decrease by adding speakers; it depends on if they are added in series or parallel. If in series, their impedance adds up and technically DROPS your volume, while a parallel connection DECREASES and impedance and therefore INCREASES volume. Since I don't know that amp, I can't since say which is the case.

If this is a tube amp, then a 50 watt version will usually have HALF the power tubes, and a smaller transformer, making it cheaper to begin with and cheaper to replace the tubes. If it's solid state, obviously tube replacement isn't an issue.
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yup, AVH is right. At lower volumes there's obviously no difference and at high volumes once you get to around 6 or higher you probably wouldn't notice much difference.
    I use 50 watt heads and have never had a problem being heard.
    I have been told to turn down the F#@%ing volume though. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
    By the way EVH, who's that on the mp3.?

[ June 02, 2001 at 12:45 PM: Message edited by: tribb ]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That just some go of the marshall website using the AVT 50 his name is Ryan Rhodes. I never heard of him before.
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-