Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, WACF, FW, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

"They\'re all hit singles, man" - DLR
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you bought this guitar, I'm sure you weren't immediately satisfied with the setup. What'd you do to upgrade it? I've read it's a helluva project guitar, and officially licensed by Ernie Ball, it seems like a decent buy.
    Right Now...My gf is probably reading my posts.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by 5150atomic:
    If you bought this guitar, I'm sure you weren't immediately satisfied with the setup. What'd you do to upgrade it? I've read it's a helluva project guitar, and officially licensed by Ernie Ball, it seems like a decent buy.
    IThe one I bought needed a setup and it's fine, I also put a floyd on a customers and did a fret job on it, there is really nothing wrong with that guitar for the price.
    you can heara a clip of a tune I made using an OLP
    here
    www.geocites.com/wolfront/gnx3.html
    it's used for all the guitars on "Brand New Day"
    it's not a finished song by any means just something floting around in my head so I thought I'd out it down before it's forgotten

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There's a dealer here who gets these guitar in and gives them a sweet setup. They sell like hotcakes for $199. A killer deal if you ask me. I've tried 'em out a few times and really liked the guitar and the price. Who knows, I may get one down the line.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 5150atomic:
    IThe one I bought needed a setup and it's fine, I also put a floyd on a customers and did a fret job on it, there is really nothing wrong with that guitar for the price.
    here
    it's not a finished song by any means just something floting around in my head so I thought I'd out it down before it's forgotten
    </font>[/QUOTE]Nice [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Sounds like you have a bit of early Prince influences... Reminds quite a bit of Purple Rain

[ November 30, 2002, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

I bought one just to see what it was like, and I am happy with it. When I get a little time, I will drop a Floyd in it, but it really is a nice guitar for the money... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 5150atomic:
    here
    </font>[/QUOTE]Nice [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Sounds like you have a bit of early Prince influences... Reminds quite a bit of Purple Rain
    </font>[/QUOTE]honestly I just came up with it, Prince wasn't in my mind at all but the acoustic rythm does sound a little like it, but it also (the acoustic part) sounds like a Creed tune but I can'r remember the name of it.
    Rol.
    oh thew other 2 clips were done on a custom built 5150

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, WACF, FW, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

"They\'re all hit singles, man" - DLR
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone have pics of the finishes? I want to get the color they have advertised on MF but that doesnt look transparent gold to me. The pic is identical to Eddie's FUCK tour guitar.
    Right Now...My gf is probably reading my posts.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

I don`t want to open the bag of worms again but I really like the OLP that Rol setup for me and that`s all I`m saying [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

Originally posted by 5150atomic:
    Does anyone have pics of the finishes? I want to get the color they have advertised on MF but that doesnt look transparent gold to me. The pic is identical to Eddie's FUCK tour guitar.
    IMO the tranparent gold dosen`t look that good and in person dosen`t look like Ed`s EBMM w/the vinyl 5150 stickers on it . The purple one I got from MF looks pretty cool and I`ve seen a transparent red and also transparent blue for sale on ebay not to long ago .
    You may think I`m being mean but I`m really just being sarcastic

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey,

This guitar looks great for the money. The only things I can see majorly different are that the quilt is a photo job and the tremolo isn't a floyd rose.

Looks nice for the moneys though. I may pop to the guitar place near hear and try one out...

If I like it, I'll definitely tell my older bother about it...

So you're all saying that they play and sound really good ?

Anyone had a chance to put an Ernie Ball Musicman, Axis and an OLP up against each other by any chance and care to comment ???

Just interested, that's all...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning / 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Sinners Swing!
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:46 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Well, it's a bit more orangey then yellow like Ed's. Here's a couple shots of mine. Let me know if you want any more, I have plenty.

This one is pretty accurate colorwise.

This one is slightly more orangey then the actual color, but it's a better shot of it then you'll find on some retailers site.

Though, the plan is to stripe it eventually.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Rol

How much would it cost to install a floyd in one of these?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push Comes To Shove
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You really can't compare an EBMM and an OLP, even though they sort of look alike.
    There's just too much of a difference in quality.
    When you first pick up a new guitar you shouldn't go just by the way it feels, as stupid as I know that sounds.
    Any guitar can be made to "feel" like another guitar it copies.
    It's the materials, labour, and quality that go with it, and that only shows over time.
    To say that I'm not a fan of OLP guitars is an understatement, but after looking at the site I have to say that there's very little misreprsentation in what they say, other than the fact that their "lisence" is basically a signed contract that allows them to use the EBMM name because they paid EBMM a set fee for doing so. That's where their association with EBMM ends, and people that buy them should be aware that they are not getting an EBMM guitar.
    I liked the fact that they called the top a "film" top which is much more honest than "foto flame", which is also a peice of film thinner than a peice of paper.
    I also like the fact that the guitar is kept down in price to where it should be. It's par for the course on a chinese guitar.
    As long as you keep in mind that it's a bedroom instrument good for jams and parties, and not a working guitar that would stand up to the rigors of live stage work, or rehearsing on a daily basis, then it's ok for the bread.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by tribb:
    You really can't compare an EBMM and an OLP, even though they sort of look alike.
    There's just too much of a difference in quality.
    When you first pick up a new guitar you shouldn't go just by the way it feels, as stupid as I know that sounds.
    Any guitar can be made to "feel" like another guitar it copies.
    It's the materials, labour, and quality that go with it, and that only shows over time.
    To say that I'm not a fan of OLP guitars is an understatement, but after looking at the site I have to say that there's very little misreprsentation in what they say, other than the fact that their "lisence" is basically a signed contract that allows them to use the EBMM name because they paid EBMM a set fee for doing so. That's where their association with EBMM ends, and people that buy them should be aware that they are not getting an EBMM guitar.
    I liked the fact that they called the top a "film" top which is much more honest than "foto flame", which is also a peice of film thinner than a peice of paper.
    I also like the fact that the guitar is kept down in price to where it should be. It's par for the course on a chinese guitar.
    As long as you keep in mind that it's a bedroom instrument good for jams and parties, and not a working guitar that would stand up to the rigors of live stage work, or rehearsing on a daily basis, then it's ok for the bread.
    I'm happy with mine for the cash, but I'd agree that I don't think it would hold up as well if it was used professionally.