Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.28.14 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Has this ever happened to you? You get your guitar out, fire up the amp, get ready to start playing...and no picks. None on top of the amp.
    None in the guitar case. This is despite the fact that you just bought 500 of them at the music store last week, promising yourself this wouldn't happen any more.

Where do you end up finding them? Top of the clothes dryer, between the couch cusions, car console, etc.

So, where do YOU find YOUR missing picks?
    January 5, 2005 - Resurrection

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's see. On my desk, on the floor, on my dresser, on the car seat, jammed under the couch cushions, under the couch, in my daughter's room(she plays too), on my workshop bench, on my studio floor, in the driveway, under the bed, and all over the floor in the drummer's studio.
    About the only place I don't find them is in my guitar case.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

BEHIND the amp!!!
    True story: After a night of slightly drunken jamming, I found a pick in my underpants the next morning! Thank god it was one of mine! [img]graemlins/wtf.gif[/img]
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have always a pick with me .... in my wallet, in my pocket
    They are picks everywhere in my room .... on my amp ...on my guitar ... on my desk..computer desk .. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you say 500 as a joke but I actually have 500 guitar picks of all kinds of colors laying around um.... somewhere, evertime I go to play I have to look and usually I find them under the amp cab, or behind it and I'm sure you know how easy it is to get behind an amp, oh and my oldest son plays and I find them in his room too.
    Rol.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow, and I thought I was the only scatter-brain that lost every guitar pick I ever owned. [img]graemlins/brickwall.gif[/img] The top of the dryer is the place where most of mine end up because I put them in my pocket and take off. Then when I go to do lundary 'boom' there they are I allways say "this time remember what you do with the picks" And I never fuckin do. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

cool post man [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

9 times out of 10 I can't find a pick at that moment, so I reach in my pocket and grab a quarter or a dime. I used to carry picks with me until I realized I never had any change on me... Once I start feeling the vibe with the coin, picks seem to "appear" here and there... behind the amp, sitting on my effects bag balancing ever so gently, or right in the friggin middle of the floor wher I left it last time, but by then I am used to the coin I was forced to finger... The ridges on quarters are great for some fun on the strum [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    9 times out of 10 I can't find a pick at that moment, so I reach in my pocket and grab a quarter or a dime. I used to carry picks with me until I realized I never had any change on me... Once I start feeling the vibe with the coin, picks seem to "appear" here and there... behind the amp, sitting on my effects bag balancing ever so gently, or right in the friggin middle of the floor wher I left it last time, but by then I am used to the coin I was forced to finger... The ridges on quarters are great for some fun on the strum [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    In desperation I've used the pastic 'things' you use to close a bag of bread with.
    I've been reduced to cutting up ice cream containers too!
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by sean112:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by el_jalepeno:
    In desperation I've used the pastic 'things' you use to close a bag of bread with.
    I've been reduced to cutting up ice cream containers too!
    </font>[/QUOTE]I've done that!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] LMFAO

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You guys will hate me but I still have the same pick that I've used since 1988. I bought three black rounded triangle picks that had the Fender logo on them. The other two are still in my gear box.

However, all of my cool picks have vanished over the years and it's because of my guitar playing "friends". I bought some Valley Arts Guitars logo picks and they've all vanished. Same with my Dunlops. Friggin iceholes.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I got a new washing machine today. It sits in a kind of cupboard in the kitchen. When the delivery guy took the old machine out, guess what he found behind it??? That's right, about a dozen Dunlop 3mm Big Stubbies.
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America