Register
    Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've never played a Brian Moore guitar, nor one with Sperzel Locking tuners.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either, and what there opinions are about them.

Later
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm not too familiar with Brian Moore's except to say that the one's I have played were excellent quality. That doesn't meant that it's the guitar for you, but there's no shortcuts taken on those guitars. I do use sperzel lockers on 2 of my strats and I love them. You don't have to tighten them more than just finger tight. They hold the string with no slippage at all, there's no wrap arounds so once the string's on a quick stretch is all you need and it satys in tune. Lastly, sperzels are great on a stage guitar cause you can change a broken string almost on the fly, they're so easy to use.
    Just put the string through the peg, cut it about 1/4" past the peg, tighten the bottom of the tuner finger tight to hold it, and about 1/2 to 1 turn of the tuning key and you're playing again. About 30 secs to a minute to change a string.
    For my vintage strat that doesn't use them I use Kluson deluxe's, which are also fine tuners. You have to wrap them, so they're not as quick, but the end of the string goes down into the center of the peg, which holds them tight while you wrap, and all you need is 2-3 winding around the peg. They're the tuners fender used on all their original strats and teles, and the quality hasn't changed.

[ December 29, 2001 at 10:55 AM: Message edited by: tribb ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So if your using your whang bar like a Thai Whore, it'll stay in tune with those Sperzels...no questions asked?
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A Thai Whore?..LOL Now what would you to to a thai whore with your wang bar?
    No, the keys won't slip. If your strings aren't stretched out they'll go out, or if your bridge is a lousy one that will cause a problem, or the biggest problem is wearing out the nut when you use the whammy a lot. If the string catches in the nut you'll go out of tune, but the sperzels will hold. Remember a strat type bridge mostly goes down in pitch. If you're going to be doing a lot of up and down whammying then you're better off with a floyd and a double locking system.
    I don't use the whammy much, but I do stretch the strings on my strat a lot with heavy bends, and I haven't had a problem.

[ December 29, 2001 at 12:41 PM: Message edited by: tribb ]</p>