Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:52 PM
    Liked 734 Times in 347 Posts

Well, after much frustration, I'm officially back in the Axis club.
    As some of you may remember, I acquired a PRS Custom 24, but I had to trade in my Axis to get it.
    I was extremely happy with the whole deal until I had to play my first gig with the thing.
    Initially, the only thing I had a hard time getting used to was the longer overall size of the guitar/neck. For the first couple days, I was playing everything a fret higher than I should have, but that soon passed.
    When I played my first gig with the thing, I noticed a tremendous amount of hand fatigue about halfway through the second set. I generally play rythm, so I'm at the far end of the neck holding a lot of chords most of the time. By the fourth set, my hand was absolutely killing me.
    I wanted to give myself time to get used to the guitar, so I gave it another month, and another gig, but there was no improvement.
    I don't know if it was the radius of the neck, or if it was because the neck was longer, but I just could not get used to it.

Anyway, I knew I was going to be working in Chicagoland on Thursday, so I thought,"I'll bring my PRS up to Guitar Center and see what they've got." Now, I really didn't expect to find anything up there that I would want that I could do an even trade for, but I thought I would bring it just in case.
    Well, after milling about the store for 15 minutes or so, I finally wound my way around to the used guitar section, and what to my wandering eyes should appear, but a purple quilt top EBMM Axis, in practically unplayed condition.
    The guys at Guitar Center traded me even up, no cash changed hands, and I think that made us all happy.
    Before you all freak out about an even up trade between a Custom 24 and an Axis, you must consider that the Cu 24 was in "players condition", with a large ding on the top. Also, it was not a 10 top, and did not have the bird inlays.
    I don't think I got hurt too bad on the deal, seeing as how the Axis was in perfect condition, and had probably been played less than most of their new guitars on the floor.

Basically, I'm out $200.00 bucks, because that's what I gave my music store, plus my old Axis to get the PRS. I did learn a valuable lesson though,
    sometimes a better guitar isn't better if you can't play it. Honestly, I think the PRS is a great guitar, but I really like the Ernie Ball better. Aside from the different tones you can get out of the PRS, I would put an Axis up against a PRS for playability, and sustain any day of the week.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You won't get an argument from me. I always though some model PRS guitars were over rated anyway.
    It may or may not be better than your axis, but your hands and ears say it's not in your case and that's all that counts. When you open the case if that's the guitar that puts a smile on your face you've obviously made the right choice.
    Enjoy your guitar.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by tribb:
    You won't get an argument from me. I always though some model PRS guitars were over rated anyway.
    It may or may not be better than your axis, but your hands and ears say it's not in your case and that's all that counts. When you open the case if that's the guitar that puts a smile on your face you've obviously made the right choice.
    Enjoy your guitar.
    Beautiful.......excuse me......I need to grab a tissue........and my Wolfgang!!!........ [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ November 08, 2002, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: jimmy ]
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by tribb:
    Enjoy your guitar.
    I think the PRS is a very nice piece of furniture.
    Rol.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.05 @ 03:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by tribb:
    Enjoy your guitar.
    I think the PRS is a very nice piece of furniture.
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Exactly.....

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey, I love mine! (PRS, that is). I've played the ErinieGangs & those are sweet as hell, but my PRS just does it for me.... go figure?
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey, don't feel bad Smudge. This week we're trashing PRS's. Next week who knows. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

All of 'em
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I think you made the right choice. As you can tell by my username, I'm a bit biased, but I tell ya, I LOVE the Axis guitars. In fact, I just bought my third one, transluscent TEAL.

Why a third? They're like pieces of candy, like Jolly Ranchers.

Seriously though, I looked at Fenders, Gibsons, owned Wolfgangs (got RID of those!), PRS, and man, NOTHING hits me like the Axis guitar. I wish that I would have purchased the EBMM\EVH. Maybe one day I'll splurge the $1800 for a used one...
    You can lead a horse to water, but that still won't make him a duck!

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hahahaha roll!

hillarious, my sentiments exactly.