Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

HI gang,

First off I've never been a fan of Digitech I always have thought their stuff was cheesy and sounded synthetic (sorry to any digitech users)
    I got a GNX 3 from digitech after a freind brought his over, the coolest things are the built in 8 track digi recorder and the built in drum tracks, I have several tones I want out of this and I've got 2 of them done, I have a 5150 tone and an AC\DC type tone and I have a lot more to go but I'm liking this thing and probably will retire the POD, the flange in this thing has nailed the old MXR and you can even set it to start at the same spot everytime you turn it on,
    there are so many features in this thing I could write 3 pages. one thing is you can set the amp head type you want, the cabinet type you want and then tune the cabs, very very cool. another is the hyper modeling , you can make 2 differnt amp head\cabs and blend them together also very cool, it has learn a lick phrase sampling, the 8 track digital recorder and cakewalk software, drum tracks and play back is outstanding I can't tell the difference.
    Now the bad news ,1. I couldn't afford it but I got it anyway 2. it's a cluster fuck as far as being user freindly, I'm getting the hang of it but it's mass confusion right now total unuser freindly. as usual for Digitech the knobs are cheesy dime store version and as I said it's confusing as hell.
    Rol.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was contemplating checking one of those out too. What are the major diff's between the GNX3 & GNX2. I don't really need or want the 8-track & drums but am very interested in the rest of the effects. Any thoughts?
    "Nothing is fool-proof for a sufficiently talented fool."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by I Scream Man:
    I was contemplating checking one of those out too. What are the major diff's between the GNX3 & GNX2. I don't really need or want the 8-track & drums but am very interested in the rest of the effects. Any thoughts?
    if you don't want the recorder then get the gnx1,
    there isn't a whole lot of difference between the 1 and 2 and it's about $100 cheaper I think they are $249 at american musical supply the gnx 3 is $500
    Rol.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

uh?....Humans Being?(tough question)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

man, that thing is bad ass. best $500 I've ever spent.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Rol, sorry to butt into your post here, but in your reply to mine I noticed a dislike for meanstreet guitars. Is that true? I know of them, but never delt with him, is the product low quality or summpin'? Like I said, sorry about intruding, just wanted to make sure I got the question where you'd see it. Thanks again. -Steve
    "We don't need no stinkin' click!" -AL<br /><br />Here’s my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free. A nuisance, who sent, you send for me? -Eminem/The Eminem Show<br /><br />No. Now take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they breakup. -Adam Sandler/The Wedding Singer<br /><br />He's got huge, sharp, pointy....look at the bones! -John Cleese/Monty Python<br /><br />You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?!?-Adam Sandler/Happy Gilmore<br /><br />Tell 'em I want some snatch by the pool!-?/Slap Shot<br /><br />For such a small town, it sure has alot of assholes! -Classic bumper sticker!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Agius9:
    Hey Rol, sorry to butt into your post here, but in your reply to mine I noticed a dislike for meanstreet guitars. Is that true? I know of them, but never delt with him, is the product low quality or summpin'? Like I said, sorry about intruding, just wanted to make sure I got the question where you'd see it. Thanks again. -Steve
    that guy made crap, I got sent one of his guitars by one of his customers to fix, it was unplayable,
    1\2" action at the 12th fret, it was a friggin $1000 5150 slide guitar that he listed as "plays like butter", he knew he sent it and never contacted or apologized to the guy or anything,
    another thing that gets me is he knows absolutly nothing about EVH guitars other than they had stripes and IMO he doesn't put his heart into building, like take his 5150's he's claimed to one guy it was a baretta body eeeeeeeeeh wrong he sent the guy a Focus with cheap pot metal floyd and tuners, he buys Focus's for $150 off ebay throws a Warmoth neck (with the wrong prghead)
    and sold em for a grand and people bought them what a shame. I don't claim to have built the best guitars in the world or anything but I do try to get it right and take pride in what I do.
    sorry to rant but you did ask
    Rol.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm glad you ranted! Good to know for sure! Pride in a job well done, and craftsmanship are important. You should at least do the best job you can, and be honest. Thanks for the info, and I'm sure everyone knows where to look for a quality piece!
    "We don't need no stinkin' click!" -AL<br /><br />Here’s my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free. A nuisance, who sent, you send for me? -Eminem/The Eminem Show<br /><br />No. Now take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they breakup. -Adam Sandler/The Wedding Singer<br /><br />He's got huge, sharp, pointy....look at the bones! -John Cleese/Monty Python<br /><br />You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?!?-Adam Sandler/Happy Gilmore<br /><br />Tell 'em I want some snatch by the pool!-?/Slap Shot<br /><br />For such a small town, it sure has alot of assholes! -Classic bumper sticker!