Register
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

thought id trhrow this up here keep the forum going [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]....i currently have a peavey triumph 60 tube combo which im pretty happy with. im now working on getting a 4x12 or 2x12 to hook it up to. but since ive been running the effects pedals in its loop and noticing the sound differnce im considering adding a effect processor to it too. any suggesstions for something that works well but doesnt cost an arm and leg?. mind you i dont need a billion effect, just your good basic ones. btw tribb that mxr vintage eq is awesome [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].a big thanks goes out to tribb for helping me with all this with sugesstions.
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No problem Rick, glad to help.
    Those mxr eq's can really make a difference.
    What ever effect processor you put in the loop, don't use one with distortion, or extra gain, cause you'll be driving the power section "after" the preamp, which isn't a good idea and usually sounds like crap. If you feel the need for more distortion, or overdrive, put it before the preamp.
    If you want a good transparent effects processor in the loop, for low dollars, try a Lexicon MPX 100.
    I say it's transparent cause it has a wet/dry mix knob, which allows you to dial in the mix of dry(amp), to wet(processor) sound combination.
    Once you find an effect or combination of effects you like you can dial in how strong it should be in the signal path so it's not overpowering. That comes in very handy in different size rooms.
    It also allows you to control the strength of the signal coming from your preamp to your power amp, again with a potentiometer, making your effects loop into a variable power loop.
    There are lots of other effects processors you could try. I just mentioned lexicon as one, cause I know you don't want to spend a fortune for a good sound, and I've always liked their products.
    Again, like any other product, it's probably best to rent one if you can, to test it out first.
    Good luck bud. [img]smilies/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

yeah i dont want any more distortion in fact im only running the pregain at 6 i backed off the pre and pushed the post up some. im satisfied with the distortion or the amount of gain at least lol. id just like to color the sound a little with some good chorus ,detune,tremelo, nice delays ambience stuff. with the music im playing now im actually thinking off my guitar in terms of color or textures for a song lol. but i still rock on most songs [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img].
    www.rickshick.tumblr.com

1love4chi

Deftones , now and forever and only second to VH.

Dave or Sammy ?.........pffffft Eddie.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Like I can actually pick one?!
    Favorite VH Song

All of\'em
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude....I have a Digitech 256XL. Real easy to use and about 200 bucks. It's got chorus, flange, verb, delay and eq. I do have chrous, flange, phase, and eq on my pedal board which goes throught the front. Try it!!!!
    "THERE IS JUST ENOUGH CHRIST IN ME TO MAKE ME FEEL ALMOST GUILTY!"

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

You know what Rick, the other bro's in here might disagree, but I say fuck effects processors. Every one of them that I've tried sound tranparent as shit. I've used Lexicon pcm-90, spx 900/9000 all the high end shit, and it all sounds like something is added after the fact.
    I've tried the stuff in many different combo's with different guitars etc, and it all sounds like shit to me.

Nothing beats the old gear! MXR Flanger, Phase 90, EQ. The only digital peice of gear that works for me is the DD-3. Other then that, fuck digital! Analogue rules! It may add a little noise to the chain when your not using it, but fuck it, it makes you pick the important peices to use. Besides you can get a true bypass installed in most of that stuff!

Try out all the digital stuff, if you like it fly at it, but my experience has taught me that digital stuff is best left to the studio environment, but that's just me!

Fuck I'm tired!

[ November 08, 2001 at 01:12 PM: Message edited by: homeunit ]</p>
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.11.05 @ 03:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm of the same mind as HU (weird or wot) I just run a DD3 thru my 5150 2x12 's loop an' it works just fine .... the only thing i've found with digital FX is that they can sound very sterile & identical .. if you know wot I mean....

Personally I am gonna get the analogue MXR stuff, & if it gets a bit noisy I suppose some clever geezer can put a wotsit innit to stop any hissin' [img]graemlins/sssh.gif[/img]

The only prob I might have is sourcin' MXR stuuf, livin' on't t'other of the big blue...ah well tired now.. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]