Register
    Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As of Saturday this past weekend, I had secured a bid on a beatiful flametop wolf.

I received an email later on that my temporary/permanent address would not suffice for shipment/transaction.

I am prior active Air Force currently serving on Active Duty in the California Air National Guard.

I called pay pal on their procedures and they said their decision was solely based upon their decision.

Their decision was to refund my paypal payment, since they had "advised" me that money order payment was the only acceptable payment.

I told them that I made the payment on PayPal, which was my first PAYPAL payment, merely to help them out.

Even after that, they refused compromise even after I offered land lines to my First Sergeant, and OIC.....

They shortly refunded Pay Pal payment of the guitar I wanted, and called it at that...

This has been edited to remove the seller's email address. Even though I feel I've been fucked, I don't think I should be putting that out there.

[ December 31, 2001 at 06:19 PM: Message edited by: TheMightyCopenHalenII ]

[ January 01, 2002 at 12:44 PM: Message edited by: TheMightyCopenHalenII ]</p>
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TheMightyCopenHalenII, that really sucks.
    Was pay pal mentioned in the sellers payment terms, and do you have the link to the ebay sale?
    I've seen your post on the equipment you're using, and if anyone deserves a new guitar it's you.
    Since you're stationed in the US I don't see what the hell the seller's problem is, but is there a permanent address it could be shipped to, like a parent or friend, and then shipped to you?

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

some people are cunts! Sorry to hear about your troubles.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, I'm a little dense and I'm not really understanding exactly what happened. You said PayPal were the ones who refused to accept the payment or was it the seller? I guess I can't understand why a seller wouldn't accept a payment.
    But then again, I can't understand why a seller would accept PayPal in the first place because they have to pay some big fees for large amounts of money. Did you email the seller and talk with him about it? Or was this purely PayPals problem?
    Good luck.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tried to look up the seller on eBay and I can't seem to locate him at the user name you used above. I then looked up the completed items for any Wolfgang auctions ending this weekend and couldn't find any seller with the name lini-sabitini. Can you post a link to the auction you bid on?

In searching the completed auctions I did stumble across a sweet Green Flametop Standard that sold for under $800.

On Fire
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

That story sucks, but what also sucks is sellers that don't want to ship outside the U.S.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Man - that's total bullshit. Hope you get that straightnened out, bro.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Trennasol:
    I tried to look up the seller on eBay and I can't seem to locate him at the user name you used above. I then looked up the completed items for any Wolfgang auctions ending this weekend and couldn't find any seller with the name lini-sabitini. Can you post a link to the auction you bid on?

In searching the completed auctions I did stumble across a sweet Green Flametop Standard that sold for under $800.
    <hr></blockquote>

That WAS my sweet green flametop. Oh yeah the user name is "Mr. Zeus" or some shit, not lini-s.

They just pissed me off so much man. I mean I'd have to drive 300 f'n miles to pick the guitar up at home, or pay for it to be shipped twice? It was total bullshit.

It was the seller that refused to ship and Pay Pal said it was solely their decision.

What a heartbreaker man.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Roshambo:
    That story sucks, but what also sucks is sellers that don't want to ship outside the U.S. <hr></blockquote>

i ordinarily won't ship outside of the US either, mainly because of customs BS. one guy from the UK emailed me about a delay pedal i had on Ebay, and since i didn't get any bids for it, i said sure, i'll send it over. the best thing about that auction was the three crisp $50 bills he sent me, no check or MO to worry about, and yeah, if the cash got lost in the mail, he'd have been SOL. thing is, when i got to the post office to mail it, they wanted to know if it was a gift or an item i had up for sale...i ended up telling them it was a gift, just to save myself the hassle and extra charges. i'm sure they track that stuff to catch the people that try to send everything as a "gift." and right now, there are some major scams going on, mostly Asian countries, asking if you'll take a credit card (which turns out to be stolen) and you end up getting stiffed. i don't need the hassle.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

TheMightyCopenHalenII, if you were looking at 300 miles, then that would have only cost you about 15-20. more to ship it by UPS to you, fully insured. You should have just sent the m/o.
    It doesn't say paypal anywhere in his ad, and unfortunately you can only pay by the his listed methods.
    He might have decided it went too cheap and found a way out, since it's relisted for 1100 at a buy it now price.
    If you do go for it again, and happen to win it, have it shipped to a permanent residence, and then leave it in the shipping container and have someone UPS it to you by just slapping a new address label on it. Like I said UPS shipping 300 miles costs next to nothing, and you said you got it really cheap. Bidding was slow over the Christmas holidays and that might be why you got it as cheaply as you did.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah I saw the new ad, but I didn't look to see if it had Pay Pal this time. Maybe she got so damn fed up with me that she didn't decide to use it this time.

The old ad had Pay Pal, trust me, I'm not hallucinating. Anyway, I was fucked out of a good guitar, and probably in the end, let my pride get the better of me. Fuck it.

I might get another one, only it won't be that sweet flametop man. But it's cool.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

On Fire
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by twonabomber:

i ordinarily won't ship outside of the US either, mainly because of customs BS. one guy from the UK emailed me about a delay pedal i had on Ebay, and since i didn't get any bids for it, i said sure, i'll send it over. the best thing about that auction was the three crisp $50 bills he sent me, no check or MO to worry about, and yeah, if the cash got lost in the mail, he'd have been SOL. thing is, when i got to the post office to mail it, they wanted to know if it was a gift or an item i had up for sale...i ended up telling them it was a gift, just to save myself the hassle and extra charges. i'm sure they track that stuff to catch the people that try to send everything as a "gift." and right now, there are some major scams going on, mostly Asian countries, asking if you'll take a credit card (which turns out to be stolen) and you end up getting stiffed. i don't need the hassle.
    <hr></blockquote>

Although I do admit there are major credit card scams going on, there are actually honest hard working people who do live outside the U.S. And not everyone in the U.S. is a lawing abiding citizen either.

As far as the customs/tax issue goes, for the seller it is no concern. The buyer only has to deal with customs in his own country.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i dunno...i was told that a "gift" was one rate, and an item "for sale" had some kind of tax or something added. this was to ship USPS, as the buyer requested.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think the problem was that the guitar sold for
    way under what the seller had originally paid for it and they changed their mind. I've seen this before. Maybe they ASSUMED it would go up to $1000 and didn't want to sell it for the actual auction price. I mean your winning bid was great for you, but not for the seller. And the fact that it's relisted at BIN for $1,100. They also could have changed their mind about PayPal, cause I've heard their fees have gone up and they're kind of difficult to deal with. Either way, it sucks that you won the guitar at a great price and then didn't end up getting it. Keep looking around. Good Luck. Also, you can leave the seller some feedback.