Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

10.06.16 @ 10:32 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 200 Posts

i wanna start laying down some tracks and licks and such i've had in my head and that i keep noodeling around on. what's something decent to get that's not gonna cost me an arm and a leg? i don't wanna spend over $500.

be cool if i could lay the stuff down then put it onto cd or somethin like that too. anyone here got any good ideas for me?

thanks fellas!

"you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 09:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you foresee, that it's something you're going to get serious or more serious about in the future, there's nothing better that I can suggest than the Zoom MRS 1044 or MRS 1044CD. They are a bit more than $500, but then again, aside from the transendental mile manual, it's very guitar oriented. Don't have a Bass? Use the bass simulator, AS LONG AS you have an axe with a tone knob. It actually tracks great.

The guitar sounds aren't a mic'd tube amp, but then again what is. They don't stink is what I'm sayin.

Tribb actually turned me on to this unit when I was considering a Boss, and I'll tell you what, I'm glad I went the extra mile. He was right on the money with the sucker. You can make your own drum programs/sounds, and the built in ones aren't half bad at all.

Consider this, I could be wrong, but with the Boss units, the rhythym section is just as a play along, and not incorporated into your recordable tracks/songs. Everythings is good to go with the Zoom, not mention a nice hard drive, and no Zip disks or any of that shit.

If you can't swing 800 to a grand or so, then try some Tascam or Fostex stuff, although I've never tried there Digital stuff. It's all in what you want man....

Last Online

07.24.08 @ 06:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a Tascam Studio MKII for the exact reasons you've mentioned and then some.

It only cost $149. If I really get into recording, I can sell it and upgrade without losing much. It's portable, I'm not tied to a computer. I can record two tracks at the same time. The sound is good.

As far as burning to CD's, I have'nt tried it, but I've seen analog converters for a few bucks so that you could route the recording to your computer.

My 2 cents anyway ...

First God - Then Family - Then Money - Then Van Halen