Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

CANT PICK ONE!!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Like alot of other lefties out there Peavey(among others) is leaving us hanging in the wind. There will not be a lefty Wolfgang made this year,so the only option I have is to build my own...

I have about 1000 questions and I dont even know where to begin.

Basically I'm looking to use a strat neck(21 jumbo) found at GR guitars with a double humbucking trem(the kind in the Wolfie's) and floyd rose clamp...VW body(like wolfgang) from Warmoth. LEFTY!

Like I said I have questions about what to buy(is there a package that has everything,parts, i need?),are the electronics assembled at the sit e or do i have to do it myself?,painting it,ALIGNING THE NECK!,etc.etc. I have a question about damn near everything,lol. I'm an idiot to the process and know zero about building a guitar.

I've seen a couple posts on here giving a little info on the procedure,but nothing truely definative. Is there a website detailing how to do it? Or can someone post a step by step process?

I want to know exactly what I need and what I have to do before investing time/money into this. I'm sure there are many like me and if someone can post a definitive guide and keep it bumped this will be invaluable to this board.

Thanks for any help you can offer

[ January 24, 2003, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Bodine1231 ]

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Not to be the sunshine that burns your tailpipe, but building a guitar is not an easy undertaking. No disrespect to you, but there is quite a bit of knowledge that goes into a guitar, especially if it will be your only one to play There are many people here who can help you out with some steps, but I would recommend you see if there is someone here who can either do the job for you, or spend some A+ quality time with you side-by-side. Otherwise, there is a very good chance that something gets missed, and your brand new axe becomes a baseball bat. Find Rol. He is the sage you seek

[ January 25, 2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: el_jalepeno ]

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.22.05 @ 01:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cool, another lefty....there's a few of us out there...

does anyone know if there are plans for a lefty wolfgang? not that i can afford it, but still... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Bodine1231:
    Like alot of other lefties out there Peavey(among others) is leaving us hanging in the wind. There will not be a lefty Wolfgang made this year,so the only option I have is to build my own...

I have about 1000 questions and I dont even know where to begin.

Basically I'm looking to use a strat neck(21 jumbo) found at GR guitars with a double humbucking trem(the kind in the Wolfie's) and floyd rose clamp...VW body(like wolfgang) from Warmoth. LEFTY!

Like I said I have questions about what to buy(is there a package that has everything,parts, i need?),are the electronics assembled at the sit e or do i have to do it myself?,painting it,ALIGNING THE NECK!,etc.etc. I have a question about damn near everything,lol. I'm an idiot to the process and know zero about building a guitar.

I've seen a couple posts on here giving a little info on the procedure,but nothing truely definative. Is there a website detailing how to do it? Or can someone post a step by step process?

I want to know exactly what I need and what I have to do before investing time/money into this. I'm sure there are many like me and if someone can post a definitive guide and keep it bumped this will be invaluable to this board.

Thanks for any help you can offer
    HI, books are a great start www.stewmac.com "how to build a solid body electric guitar" is a real gem, now we can talk but not all at once it will just confuse you, call me 480-329-3874 and I'll tell you what to do a step at a time, not all at once also after a phone conversation emails usually will suffice , and also GR has a MM body that sell did you see it ?
    Rol.

and they do lefty bodies.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

CANT PICK ONE!!
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I actually ordered a different book which goes more into ASSEMBLING you own guitar rather than building from scratch,which is what I'm interested in.

I think I may just order everything from Warmoth,I've read nothing but good things about them and they have more choices.

One last thing...anyone know the dimensions for the Wolfgang necks? Like the width of the neck and frets?

I also read that the necks on the Wolfies were unfinished,but I also read that Peavey DID put finishes on it,which is it?

Thanks again

Top Of The World
    Last Online

09.26.12 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The nut width is 1 5/8", I'm not sure about the heel width. Frets are Dunlop 6105.

USA Wolfgangs have unfinished necks while the import versions have a light satin finish.