Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

Ok as I have said before, guitras I pretty well know amp and rack effects are all greek to me, just what does an eventide do ?? and explain in 2 yr old please
    as I understand from reading about them most people use them for one thing ?? but I don't get what that one thing is
    what does Ed do with his ?
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

mmm.. can't remember what all it's bben used for - pretty cool piece of gear though - it's a stereo effects processor (pitch-shifting, reverb, spatial effects, etc.) Seems like I remember ed used it to add a little delay to one channel in his mix.

I'm sure tribb could write a freakin' book about it though. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ September 29, 2002, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Wolfman ]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by homeunit:
    As far as I remember Ed uses it to create a natural chorusing effect. He runs one cab dry and one wet. The wet cab has the Eventide on all the time. He dutunes it just a few cent and it causes and a wierd phase between the dry and wet cab. The detune actually detunes the the signal very slightly. In my experience it also delays the signal again extremely breifly.

It's the main effect he uses live (minus the 3 tour). You can really hear it all over LWAN especially in the intro chords to Summer Nights and best of both worlds. When he blows a string during 55 you can really hear it when kicks back in on the stieny. On the FUCK video you can really hear it during the stacatto parts of 316. It really shows up on arpeggiated chords as well. It's the thing that sounds sorta like a chorus but not, all at the same time. It really creates a "wall" of sound.

For a much cheaper thing similar to it the TC Electronic G-Major has the detune effect in it and it works. I have some sound clips of me doing some VH stuff with it. Even cheaper is an old Boss DC-3 Digital Dimensions pedal.
    Yep to me the way Ed uses it, its just a 3 grand chorus box. I like the way he sounds without it better. People like Vai and Brian May get more use out of their units. They utilize the units top notch harmonizing effects. I think May also uses the chorus effect like Eddie as well though. Unless you need lots of great harmony/pitch shifting/high tech wierd effects, I don't see them as being practical for a typical guitar player. If you've got 3 grand and nowhere to spend it, that also helps too!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey HomeUnit, I'd like to hear those clips with the G-Major.

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Speaking of intelligent pitch shifting, has anyone in here ever tried a BOSS, what is it an HS3 I believe?

Anyway, the BOSS Intelligent Harmonist, does it sound like cheese or does it sound smooth and unharsh?
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

As far as I remember Ed uses it to create a natural chorusing effect. He runs one cab dry and one wet. The wet cab has the Eventide on all the time. He dutunes it just a few cent and it causes and a wierd phase between the dry and wet cab. The detune actually detunes the the signal very slightly. In my experience it also delays the signal again extremely breifly.

It's the main effect he uses live (minus the 3 tour). You can really hear it all over LWAN especially in the intro chords to Summer Nights and best of both worlds. When he blows a string during 55 you can really hear it when kicks back in on the stieny. On the FUCK video you can really hear it during the stacatto parts of 316. It really shows up on arpeggiated chords as well. It's the thing that sounds sorta like a chorus but not, all at the same time. It really creates a "wall" of sound.

For a much cheaper thing similar to it the TC Electronic G-Major has the detune effect in it and it works. I have some sound clips of me doing some VH stuff with it. Even cheaper is an old Boss DC-3 Digital Dimensions pedal.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

vanhalen 1
    Favorite VH Song

panama
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have an eventide harmonizer,and use it for the stereo detune just like eddie does.I have yet to find another processor that can detune half as good as the eventide.you can purchase a dsx 3000 for around $1000.00 off of ebay.