On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I accidently found out about a guy named Andy Timmons. I think it was when I was on the Favored Nations website. Anyway I think this guy is great. If you go to www.andytimmons.com and check out his stuff, Super 70's is a fantastic tune. Whats funny is this is the sound of a perfect guitarist that I wanted to be and Andy beat me to it, but hey I'll just add somthing new. Andy sounds like a cross between Eric Johnson and Satriani. I personally like Andy timmons better than any guitarist right now.... but im sure mr.steve vai will release his new dvd then ill worship him forawhile.

Check andy out he is a great guitarist!!!!!!!!!!

tell me what you think [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Vai has a DVD coming out? Dude, I can't wait.
    Your favorite band sucks.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Andy Timmons is an unbelievable player. He's the only instrumental virtuoso guy who I find myself wanting to lift his rhythm riffs more than his lead stuff. His basic song structures are what makes him so great to me.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:17 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Naughty, Naughty.......

Dirty, Dirty.......

DANGER DANGER!

As I recall, that was a steamy video at the time (1989?)
    [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Now THAT brings back some memories of when MTV's Top 10 wasn't called TRL, and didn't have videos by Nelly, Korn, and the Backstreet boys.

Of course, we did have to put up with Madonna and New Kids on the Block, but you have to make SOME concessions, right?

Remember when the nightly Top 10 Video Countdown clips were from Dokken, Winger, Hurricane, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, sprinkled in with some fluff from Poison, Bon Jovi, Madonna, and Prince? And of course, the mighty VH.

I should look into Andy Timmons....I've never heard his playing outside of Danger Danger.

Is he still playing Kramers? I remember he played the Kramer Holoflash for the Naughty Naughty video.

[ August 20, 2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Majestic ]

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As long as your on Vai's label check out Mattias Eklundh's Freak Guitar. That guy is fucking amazing. What sounds like a whammy pedal is him using harmonics in a very creative way.

And Andy is damn good too!

T

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Majestic:
    Naughty, Naughty.......

Dirty, Dirty.......

DANGER DANGER!

As I recall, that was a steamy video at the time (1989?)
    [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Now THAT brings back some memories of when MTV's Top 10 wasn't called TRL, and didn't have videos by Nelly, Korn, and the Backstreet boys.

Of course, we did have to put up with Madonna and New Kids on the Block, but you have to make SOME concessions, right?

Remember when the nightly Top 10 Video Countdown clips were from Dokken, Winger, Hurricane, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, sprinkled in with some fluff from Poison, Bon Jovi, Madonna, and Prince? And of course, the mighty VH.

I should look into Andy Timmons....I've never heard his playing outside of Danger Danger.

Is he still playing Kramers? I remember he played the Kramer Holoflash for the Naughty Naughty video.
    I guess I'm the opposite, I don't know anything about his Danger Danger stuff! If you go to his site check out the MP3 samples of Super 70's and Electric Gypsy both great tunes showing Andy's versitility.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Electric Gypsy WAS Danger Danger!
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars/Unchained (tie)
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude, you're preaching to the choir here.

I'm the biggest Andy Timmons pimp on the planet. I've been into his music ever since I saw him do a dual clinic with Shawn Lane about 10 years ago. If all you've heard is his Danger Danger stuff, you haven't even come CLOSE to finding out what this guy's all about.

More than just a phenomenal guitarist, he's a consummate musician. He's got God's own chops, but without fail, he ALWAYS manages to make them serve the song first, AND he actually writes very melodic SONGS, too, with plenty of cool vocal tunes that cover an incredibly diverse range of styles and techniques, doing a whole record of Beatles meets Elvis Costello meets Tom Petty pop one minute, a jaw-dropping, yet maddeningly tasteful shred record the next, and a full-on, kickin' Texas blues joint the next! I've been lucky enough to see this guy on several occaisions jamming with some really incredible players in every style under the sun and playing them like he was born to it. This cat has it ALL, SICK tone, chops, taste and feel, he is in my opinion, (at least with Ed currently in self-imposed exile) the best and most complete guitarist on the planet right now. Check his stuff out, particularly "That was then, This is Now" or "The Spoken and the Unspoken", you WILL be blown away.

Oh yeah, he's also one of the coolest, nicest and most humble guys you'd ever hope to meet, if you ever get the chance to see him live, do not miss it at any cost!

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:17 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Sir Brown Sound, you have inspired me to no end.

I will investigate his material, POST HASTE!!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

(....just don't quiz me on it for a week or two....)

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

van halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nevermind i just saw joe satriani in concert with dream theater and kings x, andy who? SATRIANI IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bringing real guitar solos back to music-RIP rhoads and Srv-Rock on vai-Wylde-slash-and eddie!!!!!!!!!!<br /> "I don't like to push the envelope, Id rather chuck grenades into it!" -Ted Nugent-<br /><br /> =PASSION AND WARFARE=<br /> "That stevie vai, what a nice little boy!" -the audience is listening-

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Edward Van Halen:
    nevermind i just saw joe satriani in concert with dream theater and kings x, andy who? SATRIANI IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hmmm... I saw that show last week here in Jacksonville, and I'd have to say I was probably most impressed with Ty Tabor. Here's another guy who has it all; chops, feel, tone, and most importantly, a great BAND. I'd really like to see Satch hook up with a killer singer and do a vocal-oriented gig for a change.

Great show, King's X stole it, as they have an amazing tendency to do...

SBS

[ August 27, 2002, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: SirBrownSound ]
    What, me, worry?

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hell yeah,Andy is a kickass player. Followed him ever since D2's first album. He rocks hardcore.
    Guitar player,extrordinaire(or at least I like to think)<br /><br />"....man,this is Van Halen,and i'm the singer." Sammy-1987<br /><br /><a href="http://www.guitartabs.cc/" target="_blank">www.guitartabs.cc/</a>

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here, here. I caught Andy Timmons at a Guitar Clinic/Show in Tampa,Fl. about 8 years ago and was completely blown away. He was promoting Mesa Boogie products and selling his "EarXstacy" CD. He played "Carpe Diem","Busta Soda" and "Remembering Stevie". I was about 10ft from him and got it all on Video. The guy is phenomenal. He is a true guitarist's guitarist. True he was in Danger Danger but his really impressive stuff is on his solo works. Get "EarXstacy" and rock out. You'll be glad you did.
    "The truth hurts."

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Harris:
    Here, here. I caught Andy Timmons at a Guitar Clinic/Show in Tampa,Fl. about 8 years ago and was completely blown away. He was promoting Mesa Boogie products and selling his "EarXstacy" CD. He played "Carpe Diem","Busta Soda" and "Remembering Stevie". I was about 10ft from him and got it all on Video. The guy is phenomenal. He is a true guitarist's guitarist. True he was in Danger Danger but his really impressive stuff is on his solo works. Get "EarXstacy" and rock out. You'll be glad you did.
    Really? From the Thoroghbred Music Guitar Show in Clearwater, right? I've got that same clinic on tape, you must've been standing right next to me! lol

I've got some good stuff from several of those shows on tape if you'd be interested in trading some copies. Zakk Wylde, The Hellecasters, Gary Hoey, John Christ, Paul Gilbert, Billy Sheehan, Slash w/Cheap Trick, Paul Kramer, Frank Gambale & others. PM me & let me know what you've got.

Layt...

SBS
    What, me, worry?

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Just a heads up to let all the guitar freaks in here know that Andy Timmons new disc hits stores today...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=glance&n=5174

Can't help but pimp my fellow Texas string slingers...

www.andytimmons.com
    Last edited by sixstring; 05.02.06 at 10:18 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06