Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, after the vanhalen lick thread, now your own licks and style. i think to play van halen is much fun, but if you always trip into someones footsteps you will never make any own footsteps...

my little blues lick, just had done some noodling around:

http://www.lizzynet.de/home/eddie5150/DERNICKIBLUES.mp3
    "Who are you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? Don't you know I'm loco?" - Hansel, Zoolander. <br /><br />"You're talking loco and I like it!" - Hansel, Zoolander.<br /><br />"Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."<br />Hansel, Zoolander

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I've got some old stuff but no place to upload [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by homeunit:
    I've got some old stuff but no place to upload [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    hmm, register to lizzynet... itīs just 5 mb but for me it works...

hope to hear from you [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "Who are you tryin' to get crazy with, ese? Don't you know I'm loco?" - Hansel, Zoolander. <br /><br />"You're talking loco and I like it!" - Hansel, Zoolander.<br /><br />"Sting. Sting would be another person who's a hero. The music he's created over the years, I don't really listen to it, but the fact that he's making it, I respect that."<br />Hansel, Zoolander

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by gravedigger:
    yeah, after the vanhalen lick thread, now your own licks and style. i think to play van halen is much fun, but if you always trip into someones footsteps you will never make any own footsteps...

Gravedigger, thanks for showing some individuality, and I couldn't agree more. It's finally nice to see that everyone isn't obsessed with trying to show off their VH licks and seeing who's the best at playing the opening lick to Unchained.

Homeunit writes some really good stuff, with great time signatures you should hear.
    I've got some stuff I did on a strat with no tapping or hammering whatsoever so I dont know how it would go down in this place, but I don't know where to upload it to either.
    There are probably a no. of others in here that have their own sense of originality and that would be good to hear.
    Are there any freeby places you can upload to?

gravedigger, I just saw your post. I'll see if that works. Thanks.

[ December 20, 2002, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: tribb ]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I go to lizzy.net I get a Forbidden page.
    Do you know the proper URL?

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i would love to hear from you guys [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

individuality is good [img]smile.gif[/img] but that doesnīt mean that i sometimes play some van halen licks haha...
    no, if you have your own style itīs more interestening. (i know my english sucks, but who cares haha)

just go to www.lizzynet.de there you have 5 mb free webspace... itīs in german but if it doesnīt work than send me a pm and i help you out.

or just do some google around, there you find some free webspace in english [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

on www.lizzynet.de you click on "community"

then on the right side on "annmeldeformular"

scroll down, "weiter mit der anmeldung"

just scroll down everytime and click, then your userdates, and then check your email...

to login click on the homepage on the right down communtiy button "lizzypage", log in, and select the third choice, now you are on the ftp

[ December 20, 2002, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: gravedigger ]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by tribb:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by gravedigger:

Gravedigger, thanks for showing some individuality, and I couldn't agree more. It's finally nice to see that everyone isn't obsessed with trying to show off their VH licks and seeing who's the best at playing the opening lick to Unchained.

Homeunit writes some really good stuff, with great time signatures you should hear.
    I've got some stuff I did on a strat with no tapping or hammering whatsoever so I dont know how it would go down in this place, but I don't know where to upload it to either.
    There are probably a no. of others in here that have their own sense of originality and that would be good to hear.
    Are there any freeby places you can upload to?

gravedigger, I just saw your post. I'll see if that works. Thanks.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Sound like you're suffering from 'too much of a good thing' tribb?

[ December 20, 2002, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: sean112 ]
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have posted this before, there are 7 original songs of mine here:
    www.bundymania.com/rols
    ther are a few other tid bits there also but I'm gonna get rid of those.
    Rol.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah, i heard them, nice sound rols [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

hmm i just got a bit tired of this 5150 amp, so i had put down this piece on my hughes & kettner, it has transtubes in it, and not much distortion, the gain is on 10 haha... but a few days ago i realized that when iīm playing at high-gain that my playing is not clean, when i do this scale stuff... so i had to relearn this whole thing, and still have to [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi guys,

You can hear some of my "ideas" on my website. I've posted them here before, so most of you will have heard them already.

I say ideas, because that is what they are at the moment. I've also bee farting around trying to do some covers with singing over it. However, in one song I forgot I'm playing the main thing with the capo on it, so I'm soloing in the wrong key, plus my microphone is so shite that it sounds awful. So I haven't put these ones up.

I'm going to sit down and record a few more ideas, and maybe develop some of the ones that I have already done, but I just haven't found the time yet...

"<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

all
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi mondola! [img]smile.gif[/img]

youīre not that good, but i like your style of playing [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] it is your own style...

hey, there are so many great players out there, and they canīt play either hahah and got famous... the-edge etc... they all have their own style... [img]smile.gif[/img]

just keep on playing, search for new ways to play the guitar, keep it interesting, we donīt need another 3millions eddie rip-offs, or 10 millions paulgilbertstevevaijoesatrianiblablahbla ripoffs... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ December 23, 2002, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: gravedigger ]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

youīre not that good, but i like your style of playing [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] it is your own style...

hey, there are so many great players out there, and they canīt play either hahah and got famous... the-edge etc... they all have their own style... [img]smile.gif[/img]

just keep on playing, search for new ways to play the guitar, keep it interesting, we donīt need another 3millions eddie rip-offs, or 10 millions paulgilbertstevevaijoesatrianiblablahbla ripoffs... [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Yep, you're right, I'm not that good. However, I grew up along with a lot of other " GREAT " guitarists and quickly got bored with all the, "trying-to-outplay-each-other" kind of melarky. I couln't give two shites who was better than who, who could play the fastest, who could play more like &lt;insert sh*t hot guitarist here&gt;, etc.

At the end of the day, "Good, Better, BEST" is in the ear of the beholder when it comes to guitar playing. At the end of the day, I'm just playing to please myself. I've got to the point where I'm happy with what I am playing. There's loads more to learn, and that's what is always exciting.

This recording stuff is very new to me. I'm eventually going to sit down there and try and develop these ideas into full songs. But, as I say, it's just purely for myself, so I'll do it in my own time frame, no pressure. Until then, the ideas will stay stored up in the old grey matter.

But thanx for the comments, gravedigger.

Oh, I forgot to say, all you peeps wanting somewhere to put your stuff up, then PM me, and I'll host it up at my site if you want...

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

[ December 23, 2002, 05:18 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.17.09 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Not a very cool thing to say dude, there is something to be said for diplomacy. You were there once with the rest of us [img]smile.gif[/img] I really dig your playing mondola and good for you for putting it up there for us all to hear, it's coming along nicely [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Not a very cool thing to say dude, there is something to be said for diplomacy. You were there once with the rest of us [img]smile.gif[/img] I really dig your playing mondola and good for you for putting it up there for us all to hear, it's coming along nicely [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Cheers for the [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] ericgtr.

But I'm not bothered by what is said about my music. I said in another thread ( The Eddie Influence One ) that I am not that good myself, so maybe gravedigger was just reiterating what I had already said.

But like I was trying to say, it's water off a duck's back. I've really got to the point where I don't care what's said about my playing. Of course, the compliments are nice, but anything else just spurs you on to want to do it more.

I'm just glad we can all put our stuff up on here and people from all over the world and from all walks of life can listen to it - amazing ! I'm not doing it to compete with anyone out there. Just to let you have a listen, tell me whether you like or hate it, and give me some help along the way, it's all fun !

[ December 23, 2002, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]