Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

their next one
    Favorite VH Song

dance the night away
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Go to www.floydrose.com and tell me what you think. Is it gonna revolutionize like the original or flop?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by bobthyfan:
    Go to www.floydrose.com and tell me what you think. Is it gonna revolutionize like the original or flop?
    Ok I say it's half good, it's too unorthodox to go
    over mainstream, now the quick lock part on the bridge itself would be cool if you were still using a standard floyd nut, but the special strings that are gonna cost $15 bucks a set and the fact that when you break one at the saddle and you can't unloop and reclamp the same string sucks also, I say flop as it sits now..
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

I see the "Salad Shooter"... Trying to make things simple by making it more complicated... I'll stick with the original... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't know about revolutionizing guitar, but I spoke to the guys there and I think it's a really good idea, especially when you'r onstage without a backup as good as the one you're playing.
    The strings are prestretched and are excellent quality. Also the saddles are redesigned, very smooth and will have less tendency to break strings than the original saddles. They've been testing this sucker for the last 10 years now before putting it on the market.
    The cost is 8.95 a pack which is on par with other good quality strings and since Floyd Rose is coming out with other new types of bridges in the near future, these strings will accomidate them as well.
    Those guys that have broken strings onstage will be able to relate.
    Just think, you can break a string and less than 10 seconds later you're playing as if nothing happened, no allen key, no stretching, no bullshit.
    I do think that since there are other companies that make the same type of string they should accomidate the end grips to hold a different type of string, but if the idea catches I think other manufacturers will make their double ball strings to accomidate this floyd.
    I use my strings backward on a floyd guitar with the ball end through the tuner for better grip so I wouldn't consider re using the same string anyway. If your floyd is blocked to lower pitch only then string breakage isn't much of a problem as well. Clamping a string at the nut and bridge also presents a set of problem which this system eliminates.
    The idea is that you can change a string on the fly in less time than it takes to switch guitars, and this usnit was designed for pros working onstage. If you're in a studio or practicing in your buddy's basement then you can take all the time you need but when you're onstage you want it fixed NOW, and speed is a major factor. It's built with the same quality and materials as the original floyd, and I think it's a great idea for a working musician.
    Don't go by how it looks. When Ed first put his first prototype floyd on I can see all kinds of people going, Yea, that looks like shit and it'll probably never work.

[ September 21, 2002, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: tribb ]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by tribb:
    I don't know about revolutionizing guitar, but I spoke to the guys there and I think it's a really good idea, especially when you'r onstage without a backup as good as the one you're playing.
    you have good points tribb and if it takes off and works more power to it, I just think it's a little over the top, remember the quick change locking nuts ?(basicallly a wingnut instead of the allen head) the were a great Idea and much more quicker bu the looked gawdy and no one liked them.
    I think that will be the trouble with this.
    My point here is that not all great ideas and I do think this is a great idea catch on, and it makes it harder if it's not eye candy and this looks too unconventional.
    Now with that said if someone like Ed, Vai, Satch
    or a host of other big names start using it then it has a chance but I dunno if they would be interested, they have 15 different backup guitars waiting to be thrown at them and they can change guitars in 5 seconds [img]tongue.gif[/img] but then $$$ does talk
    Rol.

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i see floyds learned the microsoft way of making money.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by lil'devil:
    i see floyds learned the microsoft way of making money.
    You know what??? That occurred to me as well! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

RUNAROUND
    Last Online

09.11.13 @ 09:10 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT. THE ORIGINAL FLOYD AINT PERFECT BUT IT HAS YET TO BE BETTERED IN MY OPINION.BESIDES I'M TO MULE HEADED TO GIVE UP MY 5150 STRINGS [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    Give me a bottle of anything and a jelly donut.....TO GO!!!!<br /> DLR 86'

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree with you Rol, on the point that there's overkill on a lot of new gimmicks, but I think they've got this one down pretty well and it doesn't look gaudy. I think it looks pretty streamlined. Vai, VH, Satch, etc... don't have to worry about breaking strings on stage, you're right there, but for those of us that do have to worry about it I think it's the next step in the evolution of the floyd. The original floyd that everyone knows today was just the next step up from the stock strat trem that fender used for 25 years or more till Floyd Rose came along with his new idea, and I still hear guys today saying it's not as good as a fender trem, and if it's not broke don't fix it, etc...
    Like you say, I think a few big names will have to use them before they're accepted. At that point I beleive people will start realizing it's a pretty good idea.

Banned!
    Last Online

02.18.11 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

actually it wasnt floyds idea, this was an idea by some obscure guitar player named eddie van halen stolen by folydyboy him self.

i heard this edward guy got screwed a second time on pickups or some such thing, but thats just a rumour.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    \when you break one at the saddle and you can't unloop and reclamp the same string sucks also, I say flop as it sits now..
    Rol.[/QB]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always found this a usless proposition. Once I bust a string it's gone. I've tried to reuse the string and it always ends up popping on me, always.

I'm more interested in what material it's made of, and whether or not the fucking thing stays in tune.

Floyds are great once you get them working for you, until you do they're a pain in the cock, IMO.

I'm actually liking this idea. I'm going to investingate further and see if it's a viable option for me.

I think with the amount of shit that comes out these days, most people are quick to write off any new idea, but you have to think that Floyds have been the standard for a lot of years, most things they come up with are pretty good. I will say that the idea of "special" strings doesn't strike my fancy at all.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

O.K. Here's the real problem. Problem A. You will always have to be well stocked on these strings. B. If it doesn't sell really well, getting your mitts on them will become a nightmare. You will have to order strings in advance (If FR drops the whole idea, your really screwed.)If you realize you are out of strings you won't be able to run to your local music store and snag another set. It looks like a good idea; I just don't like the idea of having to rely on a special set of strings. I use to play .12 gauge strings but I finally gave up because I couldn't get a hold of them consistently.

If it takes off to where getting a hold of strings won't be a problem, it would be awesome.
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Another thing is getting name players to endorse this. They will have to give up their big $ string endorsements......
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"