Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

So Hard . . .
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Im gonna have this like distortion !
    Anyone here have it ? and how do you find it ?
    EVH: Definitely. Playing guitar was my sanctuary. It was the one place I could go to if I got fucked around by a girlfriend, or anyone else, for that matter. It still is. If thereís something I canít deal with, I can just spend hours playing. Itís a God-given gift Ė I certainly donít know where the ideas come from. Theyíre obviously given to you, and you have to keep your fingers moving and your mind quiet. I try my best to not think about thinking, so I can just let it flow. Because when I start thinking, forget it. <br />So....why he isn't playing guitar ? ? ?

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

FW,WACF,Van Halen 1, FUCK,Balance,5150
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL,Not Enough
    Last Online

06.16.05 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by the first part of your post, but I have it, it is more to compliment amps's natural sound, not to be used as just distortion going through the clean channel(at least on the amps I have tried it on) It sounds harsh and thin, but with my friends Fender Blond Blues Junior(which is a suprisingly lound amp! it could get over the drums on 4 and it is only 15 watts, it's tube of course and that had alot to do with it) anyway I used the DS-1 in front of it and turned the volume all the way up and the distortion sort of low. With that I got a fairly decent sound out of it, Smoothed out the sound alot and pushed the tubes a little, and gave it more bite than the blues it was designed for. I got it at a music store but you could probably find a used one at like a pawn shop or a store that sells used equipment.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, WACF, FW, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

"They\'re all hit singles, man" - DLR
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you're THAT interested, I wouldn't even worry about gettin' it used or anything. I think the DS1 is Boss' cheapest guitar pedal, it goes for like $35 everywhere I've seen it. I'd go for an OD2 instead.
    Right Now...My gf is probably reading my posts.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got a copy of the schematic for the Ibanez ts-9 and it has a small section included on it telling you what bits to change to turn it into a ds-1 circuit.
    They're both very similar and my guess is that the best way to use it is like NxtVanHalen. said, as a compliment to the amp's natural sound.
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

steve vai and joe satriani have just had their ds1's modified by robert keely. he does some really cool stuff, check him out: www.robertkeeley.com

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by sean112:
    I've got a copy of the schematic for the Ibanez ts-9 and it has a small section included on it telling you what bits to change to turn it into a ds-1 circuit.
    They're both very similar and my guess is that the best way to use it is like NxtVanHalen. said, as a compliment to the amp's natural sound.
    I think your talking about the SD-1 which is a very similar circuit as the Tube Screamer. The DS-1 is a full blown distortion pedal where the SD-1 and Tube Screamer are overdrive pedals.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by LarryJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sean112:
    I think your talking about the SD-1 which is a very similar circuit as the Tube Screamer. The DS-1 is a full blown distortion pedal where the SD-1 and Tube Screamer are overdrive pedals.</font>[/QUOTE]Sorry...you're right,I stand corrected.
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I get them mixed up all the time when people are talking about them on discussion boards! I usually just refer to them as the orange boss distortion and the yellow boss overdrive. Even though there are about 15 yellow boss overdrives!