Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been playing with my little micro stack (marshall MG-15MS Lead 15) for about two years now and I want something bigger and better. I dont know much about amps because I always focused on my playing, plus I have pretty much always just played by myself but now i'm getting a band going and I need something that will sound good and be loud enough live. I dont have an assload of money but I could probably spend somewhere around one thousand if needed (hopefully far below 1000).

I play a strat and a les paul for different songs.., lately I have been playing through my buddies jcm800 and its a damn good amp. I have really gotten into bluesy playing lately and i love the classic neil young live distortion but I also play a few songs that require a clean sound. So I guess i'm asking whats the best amp that can produce good distortion and a good clean sound? And is a 2x12 combo out of the question for live situations.

[ December 01, 2001 at 02:10 PM: Message edited by: RAFTER ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 11:20 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

No sir
    A 2x12 combo in not out of the question. There's tons of them out there. You might want to try some of the line 6 combos, you may like them. The AC 15/30's are neat but they need something like a sparkle drive in front of them. I've tried out a few of the Fender combo's and was surprised at how good they sounded. There's a whole line of them that have a twead covering, and those are the one's I'm refering to. They'd be in your price range to. They're not much for heavy tones, but they nail that bluesy tone real good.

An 800 is actually a two channel amp. I'm not quite sure how it works, but my buddies 800 is deffinatly 2 channels (unmodded), there's just something screwy with the switching. I'll keep ya posted as we figure it out.

You could remorgage your home and buy a Mesa Boogie
    Road King

[ December 01, 2001 at 04:36 PM: Message edited by: homeunit ]</p>