Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Currently - Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.28.12 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When It's Love

Now stop laughing, bear with me, bear with me.

The reason that I love it, is because you can really hear Eddie playing on that song.

What I mean by this, is that you can here his fingers touching the strings and sliding up and down the strings (highlighted perfectly in the solo) and somehow it makes the song that more real to me.

And that's why I love it.

Am I making sense here, or am I just talking arse again ?

"<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no arse.....just good sense !! I love spanish fly cos somebody goes ----ere we go --- (probably ed)very quietly and then on could this be magic you can noodling and talking at the start.....have a listen, just love it !!

Its the little things that count.....!
    Regards
    "e"chops

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yeah, and all the talking on the beginning of Poundcake. I didn't know what was happenning. I turned the volume up to hear what was going on. Next thing I know, Eddie blasts off with his drill.

It was like Marty McFly in Back To The Future. I fell backwards, shat myself, and then scrambled to turn the volume down ! Man that was good !

And the way Dave messes up in Everybody Wants Some ! That is classic !

You are right, the little things are the best.

Van Halen eh ? You gotta love 'em haven't you ?

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Where's the "Ere we go ?" at the bginning or the end of Spanish Fly ?

[ October 17, 2002, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]
    "<i>You can please <b>some</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time,<br />And <b>all</b> of the people <b>some</b> of the time,<br />But you can't please <b>all</b> of the people <b>all</b> of the time !</i>"<br /><br />(was Dave5150 on <b><i>The Pleasure Dome</i></b>)<br /><br />Check out some of my music at: <a href="http://www.dave5150.com" target="_blank">www.dave5150.com</a>

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Its just that little grunt thing. Ed was probably ripped to the tits at the time

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

their next one
    Favorite VH Song

dance the night away
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ya know what's wierd. I hear a lot of that stuff, and it is different on different cassette tapes. Sometimes you will hear a tape and the background stuff will or won't be on there. I think c.d.'s leave out a lot of extra little tidbits like a cough or fingers sliding on a string, or mybe I'm just nuts.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by Shiro:
    Its just that little grunt thing. Ed was probably ripped to the tits at the time
    Oh God yeah. I always thought it was someone trying to do an impression of a fly.

It's got a really buzzy feel to it !

Originally posted by bobthyfan:
    Ya know what's wierd. I hear a lot of that stuff, and it is different on different cassette tapes. Sometimes you will hear a tape and the background stuff will or won't be on there. I think c.d.'s leave out a lot of extra little tidbits like a cough or fingers sliding on a string, or mybe I'm just nuts.
    No, I know what you mean. Try listening to the stuff on vinyl as well, there's loads going on, but then again sometimes the warm fuzzy-ness of the vinyls hides a lot of stuff.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ October 18, 2002, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: mondola ]

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by mondola:
    When It's Love

The reason that I love it, is because you can really hear Eddie playing on that song.

What I mean by this, is that you can here his fingers touching the strings and sliding up and down the strings (highlighted perfectly in the solo) and somehow it makes the song that more real to me.

I think you're 100% right, and I think it's because he uses a strat for the solo. The single-coil pickups (because of the lower gain?) really let more of the strings/wood/fingers come through...

Unchained only letters and numbers's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.28.14 @ 02:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

How about when they forget a whole friggin' verse of Pretty Woman! [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    January 5, 2005 - Resurrection

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally posted by ratter:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mondola:
    When It's Love

I think you're 100% right, and I think it's because he uses a strat for the solo. The single-coil pickups (because of the lower gain?) really let more of the strings/wood/fingers come through...</font>[/QUOTE]I didn't know he used a strat. But yeah, when I hear it, I catch myself just moving my hands to mime the hand sliding bit on the strings.

And I don't even know how to play the damn solo !!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Originally posted by only letters and numbers:
    How about when they forget a whole friggin' verse of Pretty Woman! [img]graemlins/drunk.gif[/img]
    Let's not forget the fact that Eddie says he messes up in Eruption !

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If anyone doesn't know about http://www.vhfaq.com/
    go there it answers some good VH questions.

Also Ed said in guitar world for VH3 that the CD sound quality was crap compared to the cassette.

If you take a listen to the tapping part in Dance The Night Away on the CD, then on the cassette you can really hear a difference!!!
    "When I found the guitar, I refused to take lessons. This was my <br />real emotional release, and I didn't want to be taught how to <br />approach the instrument." Eddie Van Halen<br /><br />"While I believe our band will be most triumphant, the truth is Wyld Stallions will never be a super band until we get Eddie Van Halen on guitar." Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure