Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Okay, I am on a serious Warren DeMartini kick. Does anyone know of any GOOD strat style guitars with original floyds? I remember Vai playing Performance Guitars somewhere around 1985-7, but they are out of business now. Ebay never has them. Warren used those too as well as Jacksons. What are your thoughts on the availablility of these guitars. Or should I build one from Warmoth parts? Also, any cool finish ideas?

Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

06.23.17 @ 09:49 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i think warren usually used traditional fender vibrato bridges on his strat styles...i know his snakeskin strat did...also i saw some despagni jems for sale on ebay and yahoo a little while ago...they were both only 500.00 too both had mc swirl finishes and a single hum and floyd rose...i love despagni jems i wish i had the money for those suckers..

------------------
    eddie vanhalen , there is no substitute. member of the G4 and proud member of the moron thread!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jape, this is scary...you and I have too much in common! I do have some info for you on performance guitars. Warren originally played old Charvels with the strat headstocks he put together from spare parts he got from Wayne Charvels first shop. These were the skull and crossbones and the swords guitar(with a few rare backups). When he switched to the second snakeskin guitar that was when he went to performance. you can find out the whole story...do a search for Warren and you will see "Leiju's Warren DeMartini page". This site used to only be in Japanese but it is now also in English (I cant read japanese- can you! J/K). The site hasnt been updated in a while but it gives a ton of info about performance guitars. They have an interview with two guys that built them and Warren. They currenty even have a model name for Warrens current guitar (strat with special floyd, humbucker, and two single coils. Thats the setup he uses now.) Now the bad news...they are $2600!!! As far as I can tell they are still in business but do limited production, there is a phone number on the web site but not sure if is is current. My suggestions would be: fender strat with a floyd (kind of boring), a custom shop ESP (they will build exactly what you want- I looked into the same thing-probably run $18000, or build a warmoth (I was going to build his "wood" one i.e. Body talk video, priced it out at about $900. Problem was I have never built aguitar and had no idea if it would be playable!)Let me know what you think-check out that web site. By the way did you ever get that bi-amp Eddie style set up going? I am still gathering the "parts". Wish someone that has done it would let us know if it works and how exactly to do it with the eventide.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh yeah, I forgot. There is a company I have a link to (dont know how to give it to you now)that does 90% of the paintjobs for all the major companies over the last 20 years. There is a graphics list I have that has pictures and prices for about any grapic you have ever seen (George Lynch, Blues Saraceno, Cheesy Warrant graphics, every Eddie, Etc.) They do Warrens skull and crossbones, the black and white swords, and snakeskin. They range from $250 to $900. You just send the guitar body and they do a professional job. If you are going to build one it might be worth it. I have thought about doing it for the nostalgia factor. My guitar friends would die laughing (my 80's and 90's metal phase I still love even though its not cool!) but I want to have my "hobby room" with all my favorite guitars players signature guitars. Already have a ton of Ed's. (still want a Warren copy, few more Ed's, a couple of Lynch's, and maybe a Dream Theater Petrucci Ibanez.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

Thanks Marcp5150! I'll definitely check out that site. No, I haven't done the Eddie bi-amp thing yet. I think When I start using my Bradshaw rig again, I'm just going to run two halfstacks together and blend the tones out front with the PA system. I think that'll be fine. It should be a good mix because my 71 Marshall super lead is "cleaner" marshall sound and my 77 JMP (modded by John Suhr) has more a soldano sound happening. Our sound guy can push the volume out front on that head when I need it a little heavier, and push the volume on the superlead (I'll roll my vol. down) when I need to play a little cleaner. Should work great.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

03.24.07 @ 10:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

me and a buddy of mine managed to do the bi-amp. i use a 5150 II half stack with bias mod and roctron G-major and a wolfgang special, wheras he uses a 5150 original (i think 1995 erra) full stack and a wolfgang custom. we ran it 2 different ways, 1 way cuts volume bigtime but sounds insane on record and the other is awsome live:

run the pre-amp out of amp 1 into the effects input of the rocktron, where all teh effects are set, then run a line out to amp 2's effects return, with effects loop turned on. this makes amp 2 (my 5150 II ofr instance) a slave amp and you can control resonance and presonance and post volume and thats all, since the effects bypasses the pre-amp.

the second way, the way i preferred, was effects loop send on amp 1 with effects loop always on, ran into roctron input, (add effects or just bypass with input/output levels) and into the guitar input of my amp (or amp 2 in this case). then i can use my pre-amp of my clean and my power amp to shape sounds of effects or just the cabinet.

both ways work as long as the signals are set to analog and not digital =]

we had balance tone in a matter of days. try it. 2 amps on stage is awsome =D!