Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH2, and Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey guys, just wanted to know what you guys thought about OLP guitars cause musiciansfriend.com is sellin them for about $199 and i was thinkin about gettin one just to have for my collection. It doesnt come with a Floyd on it but i figured i could add that later..just wanted to know how these babies sounded. Your input would be great. laters!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

I played one at Guitar Center, and for the money it's a nice guitar. Of course you get a lot more going with the "real" EBMM. The OLP body is basswood, the maple neck has a nice unfinished feel to it, and the pickups sound fine. Again, for the money, you get quite a bit though. Consider that the price of the OLP is just a little less than a low-end Fender Strat, not a Squier, but a Fender. There is some degree of quality that went into it. Check out Guitar Center if you have one near by and try it yourself. You can drop a Floyd in there with little effort, and still have a nice guitar for about $1000 less than a real one. I think it is actually an individual preference though.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up
    Last Online

01.23.09 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

2 word review of the OLP:
    SHIT SANDWICH
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Plstrcast everywhere else, Smudge NYC here.. so kiss my arse!<br /><br /><a href="http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc" target="_blank">http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/smudgenyc</a>

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ditto. crap-ola. the one i played had some unfinished fret ends, got a nice little cut on my finger from it...

don't fool yourself by saying "if i put better pickups in it, if i do this, if i do that..." because, bottom line, it's still a $200 guitar that won't be worth the extra parts you put into it. in other words, $200 plus another $200 in pickups plus maybe $80 in decent tuners will not equal $480 if you need to sell it for whatever reason. squirrel some money away and get something decent, even a used US made guitar. it'll be easier to play and sound better to begin with, and that will make you want to play it more. if you're fighting a POS guitar, you're not going to want to play it, or even want to get better at it...

end rant. flame away...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've only heard great things. Remeber though you get what you pay for, but for 200.00 you're getting a hell of an axe. A Wolfie, or Axis would be nicer, but hey, there friggin' expensive. If your as poor as me the OLP makes a great buy. It'd take me 10 years to buy a EBMM, hard to play and get better without a guitar right? So go ahead pick it up. Then when you can afford a EBMM or Wolfgang (get it new, 'cause the guys selling 'em used are...well proud of the guitar if you know what I mean. Not much more for a new one!) make the olp a practice beater. Anyways like I said, I've talked to alot of OLP owners who also own Axis, and Wolfgangs, and they rave about this guitar. Just my 10 cents worth! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "We don't need no stinkin' click!" -AL<br /><br />Here’s my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free. A nuisance, who sent, you send for me? -Eminem/The Eminem Show<br /><br />No. Now take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they breakup. -Adam Sandler/The Wedding Singer<br /><br />He's got huge, sharp, pointy....look at the bones! -John Cleese/Monty Python<br /><br />You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?!?-Adam Sandler/Happy Gilmore<br /><br />Tell 'em I want some snatch by the pool!-?/Slap Shot<br /><br />For such a small town, it sure has alot of assholes! -Classic bumper sticker!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

VH2, and Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well i've got two yays and two nays with these reviews here fellas. Still not sure what i'm gonna do, but after talkin to Rol i dont think i'm gonna buy it. If i do it'll just be to practice with and have around the house. I've got my eye set on a Kramer Striker, or one of those Randy Rhoads Jackson guitars. I'm not sure yet guys but all your help has been great and if anyone else wants to share what they think about the OLP's i'll gladly listen. thanks again guys. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning / 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Sinners Swing!
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:46 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

If you haven't seen this yet, there are lots of reviews here .

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Agius9:
    I've only heard great things. Remeber though you get what you pay for, but for 200.00 you're getting a hell of an axe. A Wolfie, or Axis would be nicer, but hey, there friggin' expensive. If your as poor as me the OLP makes a great buy. It'd take me 10 years to buy a EBMM, hard to play and get better without a guitar right? So go ahead pick it up. Then when you can afford a EBMM or Wolfgang (get it new, 'cause the guys selling 'em used are...well proud of the guitar if you know what I mean. Not much more for a new one!) make the olp a practice beater. Anyways like I said, I've talked to alot of OLP owners who also own Axis, and Wolfgangs, and they rave about this guitar. Just my 10 cents worth! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Like fuck it ain't much more for a new one. Would you rather pay $500 for a Wolf Special Flametop, or around 1200-1400? $500 for a Wolf Special, or over 800? 1500-1700 or a grand for a pristine used Wolf? I say buy the fucker used, if you can...

But whoever said shit sandwich, yea...exactly

I almost piss my pants laughin when I see guys buyin used OLP's for around $200 and sometimes more on Ebay. No fuckin way would I even want to touch that licensed whore of a guitar. I could see buyin a Squier, but that shitstick?

.....FUCK NO!!!!!
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:17 AM
    Liked 724 Times in 341 Posts

The OLP is definitely a "beginner grade" guitar. In that category of guitars, it is a nice guitar.
    This guitar however will be a great disappointment to anyone who has ever picked up and played an Axis.
    They may look the same, but the similarities end there.
    I'll tell you what dude, for around 200 bucks, you can go online to MUSICYO.COM and buy a Kramer with a Floyd Rose that will smoke the OLP.

I do have one practical use for the OLP though.
    If you want a "Eddie striped" Axis, buy an OLP and stripe it, put a Floyd on it, and you would have a nice piece to look at on your wall.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of I wouldn't want to buy a special anyway. I like the bright tone with the maple top. Second $500 would be nice, but not for a Korean model. Third why buy a used model in great shape for $900? (that you can actually play and examine, like in your local shop ect.) 'Cause thats what they go for. Spend a couple hundred and get it new.

Next, a squire? Come on! I'm not sayin' the OLP is nice, but to say its worse than a squire...are you tone deaf? Those things sound like a plywood flee market special in comparison.

In closing. The OLP may suck to you. To many people in fact, but to say go ahead and pop for a ebay Wolf Spec. is fuckin' retarded. Your still talkin' $200, as compared to $500+. If not a OLP, then go to Music Yo and get a Kramer. [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

[ August 31, 2002, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Agius9 ]
    "We don't need no stinkin' click!" -AL<br /><br />Here’s my 10 cents. My 2 cents is free. A nuisance, who sent, you send for me? -Eminem/The Eminem Show<br /><br />No. Now take off my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they breakup. -Adam Sandler/The Wedding Singer<br /><br />He's got huge, sharp, pointy....look at the bones! -John Cleese/Monty Python<br /><br />You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?!?-Adam Sandler/Happy Gilmore<br /><br />Tell 'em I want some snatch by the pool!-?/Slap Shot<br /><br />For such a small town, it sure has alot of assholes! -Classic bumper sticker!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[ August 31, 2002, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: Agius9 ]