Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it Later, all DLR era songs
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do you have input with production on these? The pot (stiffness, rapid volume change) and the low pickup install seems to be two of the biggest complaints. Any idea if this is planned to be fixed?

Musicyo seems a bit slow producing them - I have yet to see the "ready to be painted" one to be listed as well...although I could get a black one, and go from there striping it

Thanks!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Zifnab:
    Do you have input with production on these? The pot (stiffness, rapid volume change) and the low pickup install seems to be two of the biggest complaints. Any idea if this is planned to be fixed?

Musicyo seems a bit slow producing them - I have yet to see the "ready to be painted" one to be listed as well...although I could get a black one, and go from there striping it

Thanks!
    hi,
    yes I do, the upper horn also was a little different in contour than it should have been, anyway they all should be fixed by my latest email with them. I'll check again.
    Rol.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by rolsguitars:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Zifnab:

Thanks!
    hi,
    yes I do, the upper horn also was a little different in contour than it should have been, anyway they all should be fixed by my latest email with them. I'll check again.
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Any word yet? I'm tempted to get the black one they have in stock now, but will be miffed if i have to replace the volume pot and play with the pickup height...

How do these sound acoustically (unplugged)? Does the adler and maple neck resonate in a rich fashion, or is it flat like many electric guitars? I found that the better it sounds unplugged, it usually sounds better plugged in as well...

Thanks again!

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rolsguitars:

Thanks!
    hi,
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Any word yet? I'm tempted to get the black one they have in stock now, but will be miffed if i have to replace the volume pot and play with the pickup height...

How do these sound acoustically (unplugged)? Does the adler and maple neck resonate in a rich fashion, or is it flat like many electric guitars? I found that the better it sounds unplugged, it usually sounds better plugged in as well...

Thanks again!
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'm not Rol but I had the actual 1984 that he has now for a review and I can say the guitar resonates nicely unplugged. You get nice sparkle and spank from the maple board and that midrangey alder thing going on. I didn't have any issues with the pot, except that the sweep was somewhat different than I'm used to but certainly very usable for rolling it back and cleaning the sound up. I also didn't notice any problems with the pickup height. Of course I don't know the exact measurement that the 5150 was or is supposed to be. It may have been to low if the poles were screwed all the way down. But the model I received had the poles staggered to the shape of the neck radius and the sound was plenty hot and balanced.

Hope this helps you some.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey there, Larry said it, they made up for the low pickup by raising the pickup poles, it is a bit low but you can't tell cuase they have the poles in the right spot.
    Now for Musicyo I emailed the chief in charge and he hasn't gotten back with me, he's probably gone for the holidays, anyway you won't go wrong getting one.
    Rol.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey there, Larry said it, they made up for the low pickup by raising the pickup poles, it is a bit low but you can't tell cuase they have the poles in the right spot.
    Now for Musicyo I emailed the chief in charge and he hasn't gotten back with me, he's probably gone for the holidays, anyway you won't go wrong getting one.
    Rol.
    Just ordered one, hope you are right! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'll probably try my SD E.V.H. pickup in it to match with my peacemaker, and compare it to the stock Pup. Im hoping the EVH will soundgreat in this guitar.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Hot for Teacher
    Last Online

10.28.15 @ 05:22 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Donor

Cool [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] Did you get the primer one? I saw they just listed it back up there. You'll have a kick ass 5150 with that primed puppy [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] No man? Just kidding... What color did you order?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rol.

I'll probably try my SD E.V.H. pickup in it to match with my peacemaker, and compare it to the stock Pup. Im hoping the EVH will soundgreat in this guitar.
    </font>[/QUOTE]well either way if they fixed it or not it will sound kick ass, I don't think you'll want to change the pickup even for an experiment, your gonna love it, and if ya don't please post right here what a fuckhead I am .
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

I don't how how quickly I'd order a guitar before I played it.

I know Rols has had a hand in it but regardless it's still a substantial enough purchase that I'd want to play one first. It's not like a strat or a paul where you can kind of get an idea of what they're all about by playing a bunch of them, these ones just aren't in music stores to be played [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by homeunit:
    I don't how how quickly I'd order a guitar before I played it.

I know Rols has had a hand in it but regardless it's still a substantial enough purchase that I'd want to play one first. It's not like a strat or a paul where you can kind of get an idea of what they're all about by playing a bunch of them, these ones just aren't in music stores to be played [img]graemlins/scared.gif[/img]
    I can always return it, I think thier return policy is 90 days. Shipping 2nd day was only $14,95 (which i think they even refund back if returned!), and I'd be able to ship it back for about $10.

I just bought a $2491 peacemaker, this is like buying a pack of gum compared to that [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rol.

</font>[/QUOTE]well either way if they fixed it or not it will sound kick ass, I don't think you'll want to change the pickup even for an experiment, your gonna love it, and if ya don't please post right here what a fuckhead I am .
    Rol.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Lol, don't worry I will [img]smile.gif[/img] As an EVH fanatic, I'll dissect the guitar for tone and playability in my review. Those are the only things that really matter to me in a guitar!

I'm thinking the gibson may be too "hot" for my peacemaker. The E.V.H is only 9k or so.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

09.08.06 @ 11:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any idea on when that next shipment might be rol? Is there a price difference with the sealer coat version?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Monty-Jay:
    Any idea on when that next shipment might be rol? Is there a price difference with the sealer coat version?
    no and no no one is there to ask right now, sorry
    Rol.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, guess I ordered the very last one - they went out of stock right after I ordered it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Initial impressions:

I got it in at lunch today and was able to play around with it for about an hour.

The good stuff -

It has a great acoustic vibe unplugged, even better than the wolfgang. It really resonates, especially past the 12th fret.

The finish is superb, and you can tell the guitar means business once you pick it up. The body contours are great, and seems to fit me perfectly. The neck heel was not even noticeable when playing.

The neck is very playable. My impression is that it's far superior to the feel of the wolfgangs neck. That neck has always seemed like a baseball bat to me. Stretches are easy, as it has a nice flat and wide feel to it. The action came a little high, but I expect that on any new factory assembled guitar.

I did notice four things that are not "bad" but did catch my notice.

Truss rod - to adjust this you'll have to take the neck off. Not a huge problem true, but it does make things a bit inconvenient.

Floyd Rose - this appears to be a floating unit? I didn't get to experiment with this with the bar, as I plan to tweak the action tonight. It may have been because of the factory setup that it had upward lift, but if it is a floating unit what's a good way to block it off? Overall, it seems to be a solid great looking unit - I just prefer non floating trems.

Pickup - this *is* a bit too low in the body. They did raise the pole pieces to compensate, but it does look odd that far into the body. Luckily I do have that SD E.V.H pup with a slighly higher baseplate, so it may not end up being a problem for me at all - unless the gibson pup sounds better after extensive comparison.

Volume pot - I'll replace this. Even if it doesn't have the "swell" problem people have mentioned it's going. Its just too cheapish, and not nearly as high grade as the pots on a wolfgang. It seems to turn acceptably, but it detracts from an otherwise great looking guitar.

I'll post a comprehensive "real" review in a few weeks. I think it has potential to be one badass guitar, now I just my Peacemaker to arrive. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, guess I ordered the very last one - they went out of stock right after I ordered it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I did notice four things that are not "bad" but did catch my notice.

Truss rod - to adjust this you'll have to take the neck off. Not a huge problem true, but it does make things a bit inconvenient.

Floyd Rose - this appears to be a floating unit? I didn't get to experiment with this with the bar, as I plan to tweak the action tonight. It may have been because of the factory setup that it had upward lift, but if it is a floating unit what's a good way to block it off? Overall, it seems to be a solid great looking unit - I just prefer non floating trems.

Pickup - this *is* a bit too low in the body. They did raise the pole pieces to compensate, but it does look odd that far into the body. Luckily I do have that SD E.V.H pup with a slighly higher baseplate, so it may not end up being a problem for me at all - unless the gibson pup sounds better after extensive comparison.

Volume pot - I'll replace this. Even if it doesn't have the "swell" problem people have mentioned it's going. Its just too cheapish, and not nearly as high grade as the pots on a wolfgang. It seems to turn acceptably, but it detracts from an otherwise great looking guitar.

I'll post a comprehensive "real" review in a few weeks. I think it has potential to be one badass guitar, now I just my Peacemaker to arrive. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]
    Truss Rod.

Stop !! you don't need to take the neck off, true there isn't much room but a ball end allen wrench works just fine, it has to be ball end though so I don't know why they send a standard allen wrench
    I'll email them that little tid bit.

Floyd Rose,

No it's not a floating unit, and this could be why your action seems high, if you can pull back on it I'd check the spring tention first, how is the front of the floyd ? is it riding high ??
    Unfortunatly these are the kinda problem that are gonna come up if they don't pay attention to setup. the floyd should rest flat that is the way the guitar was designed . it shouldn't need any kind of blocking at all this is gonna piss me off if it isn't a simple fix.
    unforunatly I don't assemble them. my involment was strictly hands off consulting.

Pickup,

so that hasn't been corrected ? I was told it was
    and maybe that lot of guitars hasn't came thru yet ?? I dunno, anyway when I got mine it was like that and I thought well this is gonna sound like shit but it didn't, it really didn't it shocked the hell out of me how good it sounded.
    if you want to raise it lemme know and I'll tell you how to shim it up quite easily. I did mine
    becuase you are correct it looked funny but that's it.

vol pot,

I got used to mine I believe it wore in after a few Cathedral run thru's I didn't like it at first the swell was a little quick but it's fin now. however don't let me deter you from changing it.
    also I will forward this to Jim at Music yo.
    thanks and I'm looking forward to your review after you've cranked er up !! I can invision your email starting with HOLY SHIT !!!! [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Rol.