Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 726 Times in 343 Posts

Okay, I know there probably aren't a lot of Ibenez fans here, I know I'm not one, but in case there are, I've got something to tell you.
    I was in a music store downstate, and saw the most unusual Ibanez guitar I've ever seen.
    The body looks like an upside down RG body(kind of), except its a little smaller. It is nuclear yellow, it has one volume control, and a 3 way(looks like a 5-way) switch. It has a Floyd style double locking tremolo, and two really, really hot Ibanez humbuckers. The volume knob is a dome style knob with little rubber O-rings around it. All of the hardware is kind of a cross between chrome and black chrome. It has a bound neck and headstock, and the neckplate read something about Bensalem, PA U.S.A. I did some research, and the only thing I can come up with, is that it might be the Alex Skolnic(spelling?) model. (From the band Testament) Anyway, it is in perfect condition, and plays and sounds great. I imagine it's very rare. I had heard that some custom shop Ibanez stuff was made here in the U.S. I think this might be one. Well, if anyone has any additional information, or is interested in it, let me know and I will tell you where to find it. BTW, it is marked at $650.00 with a hardshell case, but I was told I could get it with $500.00 cash. [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ibanez actually sold usa custums like 10 years ago, but they were still over priced. I would check over at jemsite.com and ask around there because they're the top ibanez forum. $500 doesn't sound bad but you're still playing an ibanez, and their floyd copies suck.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

No Bozos, BUY THAT GUITAR AND PUT IT ON EBAY! It is so hard to find, and Ibanez freaks/collectors will pay top dollar for it. I think it is an S510(?), and is known as the Alex Skolnik guitar. Wouldn't suprise me if someone gave you at least $800 for it. Go to www.guitarfox.com and there is a link to an Ibanez collector site. I think there some info there.

Anyone have a high-end 4x12 they want to sell me?

Last Online

bankboy, thanks for the heads up. I kind of figured that was the case. I have never seen one one before. I can't find any information on it anywhere, and have never seen one on ebay. It is a really cool looking guitar though. I would buy it, but I have really (and I mean really!) pushed my luck with my wife buying and trading musical equipment in the last couple years, so I don't think it would be wise at this point. If you would like to buy it, I can tell you where it is, and maybe you can contact the store and they will send it to you. Hell, send me the money, and I will go pick it up for you and mail it to you. I know that is asking for a lot of trust on your part, but I would provide receipts for the purchase and shipping, and send you back the change.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Last Online

Okay, here is a pic of the guitar. Well, I can't figure out how to post the picture here, but if you go to this web address you can see it. I posted this website.

www.geocities.com/teazeronline

Scroll down, it's below the picture of the band.

[ May 23, 2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: nobozos ]

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Dude, who is that guy in the red shirt in the band? I could swear I know that guy.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen