Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 737 Times in 350 Posts

Yes, it was my post you saw at the Peavey website, let the flaming begin! There are 9 replies so far, and while they are not down right rude, they are extremely defensive about their precious Wolfgangs. You know Tribb, I've owned four of the fuckers, so I think I know what I'm talking about. There is nothing wrong with a Wolfgang(previous to the Korean one), but I just think an Axis is better. It's my own personal opinion, and everyone has do decide for themselves what they like. I was hesitant to get an Axis because I had something with Eddies name on it that was good quality and made in America, but I just fell in love with the tone and feel of the Axis. I personally feel that I would put a first or second year production Wolfgang up against an Axis for quality, but not the recent models. You really can see a better quality workmanship on the Axis. I really don't give a crap anymore if Ed's signature is on the back of a guitar I own, but I won't buy something that is a big piece of crap.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Last Online

01.15.07 @ 05:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well let these guys on the forum who have ordered one before playing one, get it, realize it's not in the same ballpark as the USA models, and then they too will be complaining. Hell, I sort of see the need for a cheaper made import, but not at at price. If it were like the OLP Axis, maybe.
    Hell, with a good setup the OLP is pretty cool. Or maybe it's the price tag on the OLP that makes me like it more than the Korean Wolfgang.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

nobozos, you've got your nerve. You've only got 4 posts over there. You don't have the right to speak against a peavey guitar.
    I don't know how they can defend something that they haven't seen or played just because it'll score them a few more brownie points over there.
    I agree with you on the US wolfs. I've had a few early ones and they are workhorses, quality wise they were quite good.
    I do feel that EBMM makes a better guitar though.
    I'm not a fan of the axis guitar cause I don't care for basswood, but put an ash body on that sucker and away we go.

Last Online

Hey Tribb, I just added a new reply to my post on the Peavey site that should get a riot going. So far, the only thing that anyone can say about what I posted is,"I'm going to reserve judgement until I play one" or,"I heard from someone that it's real good". No one can refute my asessment on a factual basis, and no one can argue my point about resale value as opposed to initial investment. I don't think that anything I posted about that guitar is being overly critical. If I looked at the thing and couldn't tell the difference, it would be okay. They can make a guitar with the same hardware and the same quality as the American Wolfgang if they want to, and still sell it for what they want for this peice of crap, because the labor price is so low. It really is a disappointment.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw your post. I've never seen so many guys happy to stick their heads in the sand, and ignore the facts.
    It looks like no matter what you say the same group of guys is just gonna find a way to deny it.

Last Online

Hey Tribb, I just got a lot of attention with another reply I added since the last one. It's pretty comical! Definately a lot of denial. No one can argue the facts, they just want me to change the way I think.