Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

So This Is Love?
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey everyone, I've decided to invest in my first REAL kickass amp to use in clubs with my new band...I've played a lot of the amps and i'm leaning towards a Fender Deluxe or Deville, but I was wondering if some of the players could tell me their experiences with amps and what their favorite setups have been...

Is the Deluxe or Deville loud enough for clubs? Which one of the two is better? What about other amps...Thanks in advance guys!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

First 6
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Dude, it all depends on what type of music you play, or what kind of sound you are goin for. I assume you're by sayin a real kick ass amp, you mean a tube head and cab?

As for your Deville and Deluxe, they're like 40 or 60 watts, aren't they? You could likely crank them enough to fill a small to mid sized club without being mic'd.

I have a 5150 head and cab. At 120 watts, it pretty much gives me the option to not mic it at most venue's. There's nothin worse than gettin a sound you love, only to have your amp mic'd and be at the mercy of some stoned sound man. But it works out well sometimes...

Anyway, what you lookin for? I assume you're goin after somethin similar to Edwards sound. In that case, Marshal, Soldano and Peavey make nice rigs. I'm startin to like the more modern Mesa sounds too.