Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gang,

A net freind of mine that I have bought several guitars from over the last couple of years has the Korean wolfgangs Brand new for $479.00
    call and ask for Corey at Lang Music
    1-800-244-9183.
    ask for only him and tell him I (Roland) sent ya
    good luck
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So......when we first heard about these Imports.....we heard a retail price of $800........

Now that you can snag one for under $500......would anyone consider picking one up as an OK back up........
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

well that's what I was thinking, I think they are worth that, but he only has 3-4 at this price then after those they go back up, anyone get one??
    Rol.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DuffHalen:
    Do you guys think the Korean Wolfs are better than US Special ones? I don't really understand the price if you can buy US Sp Wolfs for $400 new if you look, heck I bought one 2 years ago for $500 new over the Internet. Maybe the Korean Wolfs in retail stores are cheaper than the US ones! My local peavey dealer only has US ones.
    The Korean jobs at my local Peavey dealer are $599 and the US specials are $799 < what a joke.
    yes you can get used specials for around $500 but
    where have you seen them for $400 new ?? that has to be a typo since dealers pay around $500 for them
    Rol.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do you guys think the Korean Wolfs are better than US Special ones? I don't really understand the price if you can buy US Sp Wolfs for $400 new if you look, heck I bought one 2 years ago for $500 new over the Internet. Maybe the Korean Wolfs in retail stores are cheaper than the US ones! My local peavey dealer only has US ones.
    "When I found the guitar, I refused to take lessons. This was my <br />real emotional release, and I didn't want to be taught how to <br />approach the instrument." Eddie Van Halen<br /><br />"While I believe our band will be most triumphant, the truth is Wyld Stallions will never be a super band until we get Eddie Van Halen on guitar." Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by DuffHalen:
    I admit I have not seen many Wolf Specials for $400 new but I have seen a few on www.harmony-central.com, that were new for that price (not dealers) I just ment that if you are patient and shop around you can find a deal. I bought that Black Special new for $500 on harmony that I traded to you Rol for your striped Wolf SP like a year or so ago! Do you still have that one?
    Yes I do, it's hanging on the wall as we type

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I admit I have not seen many Wolf Specials for $400 new but I have seen a few on www.harmony-central.com, that were new for that price (not dealers) I just ment that if you are patient and shop around you can find a deal. I bought that Black Special new for $500 on harmony that I traded to you Rol for your striped Wolf SP like a year or so ago! Do you still have that one?
    "When I found the guitar, I refused to take lessons. This was my <br />real emotional release, and I didn't want to be taught how to <br />approach the instrument." Eddie Van Halen<br /><br />"While I believe our band will be most triumphant, the truth is Wyld Stallions will never be a super band until we get Eddie Van Halen on guitar." Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Motherfucking Sam Ash man, I called em an asked em if they had any in, cause I want to go try one out for the hell of it...$639, got to be off their fucking rocker dude!

I'll wait and see if any of those chumps make it to ebay this year instead...
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

feel your love tonight
    Last Online

11.04.13 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

since i've just started learning to play guitar since early january this year, i was very curious about the new korean wolfgang...
    so i went down to the local music shop where i bought my current guitar, a peavey predator plus hb, and sat down with a guy that works there, and we played some with my guitar, a new korean wolfie with the floyd rose setup, and a U.S. wolfie with stop tailpiece... in my opinion, the feel was very similar between all 3 guitars...
    now, i have very experienced ears from some studio and a lot of live mixing on soundboards, and am pretty good at hearing tones... i gotta say here that i am very impressed by the korean wolfie... i will grant that there is a very minimal difference in tone that most folks may never notice, but i am very seriously considering picking one up...
    my predator was only a $259 guitar (cash discounted price), but for my playing experience level, it rocks as good as the korean wolfie, but there's just something missing there...

as far as quality goes, i didn't notice any difference in quality between all 3 guitars... the US wolfie was a green flame top and very pretty, but actually had the roughest finish of the 3... the korean wolfie was a very beautiful transparent red quilt top and had an immaculate finish... my predator is a metallic blue painted finish and is absolutely perfect in finish quality, too...
    but the US wolfie definitely had the prettiest birdseyed maple neck i've ever seen, the korean wolfie had no noticeable birdseye in it at all...

so, i guess for $550, i've gotta try to get that korean wolfie... i think it'll do just fine for now... especially until i learn how to kick ass and take names like the big boys... lol

peace... [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    ...Dave

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

You can get them on Ebay close to $500.00 all day long. Click here.
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, you've got a good chance of hittin a US Special for five, that's a given...

But it's gonna be awhile before the Wolfgang Kemshee Special arrives on EBay.

If I was Dave, and could spare an extra 200 bucks, I'd snag that fuckin Amber Special Flametop for $750 on Ebay. Or fuck it, take a chance with the bidding, but $750 is a pretty damn good buy it now price if you ask me.

[ June 03, 2002, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: TheMightyCopenHalenII ]
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

01.07.15 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Exactly. WHy by a new Korean model when you could get a Arched flamed top for an extra $250.00!
    "Why behave in public if you're living on a playground?"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by ETRIGAN:
    You can get them on Ebay close to $500.00 all day long. Click here.
    yes you see wolfgang specials before the auctions have ended for under $500 but look in the completed items, only one sold for under $500 and it was used not *new* most all the other used spec sold for $600 or more the one that had under that didn't sell.
    Rol.
    most sold for $600 plus used

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

feel your love tonight
    Last Online

11.04.13 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i know the money difference is not all that big of a deal, (well, for me right now it is,) but i really prefer to buy something i can see, feel and taste, especially with my inexperience as of now as a player... plus i wanna support my local dealer, they've been exceptionally patient with me and extremely helpful... they've never treated me like some dumb-ass who doesn't know anything (at least not to my face)...
    plus where else am i gonna get a red quilt at that price???

peace...
    ...Dave

[ June 04, 2002, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Dave G 5150 ]