Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 08:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

okay, here's the deal...
    i've got a little peavey pocket rocket and i'm looking to upgrade to a 212 combo...
    obviously the 5150 combo has come to mind, but i would like to know everyone's suggestions to assist me in purcahsing one. my price range is pretty laid back, but i wouldn't wanna go more expensive than a 5150 combo. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    so, any thoughts would be much appreciated. obviously since we have the same taste in music and tone, i trust you guys alot and your opinion means a lot more to me than any salesman. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ February 06, 2002 at 08:26 PM: Message edited by: laner ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Cover Bands from Pasadena
    Favorite VH Song

Babe Don't leave Me Alone
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

See this thread.
    My Band
    Baluchitherium

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

I have to pick?
    Last Online

10.05.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

If you are looking for a good 212 combo, at a fair price, I'd recommend the Line6 Flextone II XL. I have this amp, and it rocks. I know a lot of people here don't like the POD because of it's live sounds, but this thing is awesome.

I have both the flextone and the pod. I prefer using the flextone in a live setting. And for only $800, it's a good deal. (the floorboard is another $250 though.)
    Your favorite band sucks.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    i don't really know much about line 6 stuff, but i have heard that it's a pretty good amp. [img]smile.gif[/img]

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

11.26.07 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by laner:
    hey thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    i don't really know much about line 6 stuff, but i have heard that it's a pretty good amp. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I'm with xaminer. The FLextone will probably impress you. Go the store and ask to try it. No salesman needed here, the amp will do the rest.
    My first time in the spotlight was from a helicopter.

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

PANAMA
    Last Online

09.16.17 @ 09:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'VE BEEN TRYING TO DECIDE ON A NEW AMP TO USE IN MY HOME. I'VE PLAYED ALOT OF AMPS INCLUDING THE 5150 II . I FEEL LIKE I AM BETRAYING EDDIE, BUT I THINK I AM GOING TO BUY A MARSHAL AVT150 FULL STACK. IT SOUNDS GREAT AT LOW AND MEDIUM VOLUMES, AND GIVES YOU THAT FULL STACK PUNCH WHEN YOU WANT IT.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I guess you can't really go past the line 6 stuff - pretty versatile. But if you are after a good tube amp that has pretty good clean sounds and dirty sounds then the Carvin MTS3212 or Legacy combo's are great. They are cheap too because of the factory direct thing. I know a few people around here don't like Carvin stuff that much but if you want a good combo that will work for practice and gigs then these two amps are hard to beat for the money. Laner, I know you're a young fella so that's why I'm talkin' about the value for money solution (but who knows - you might be loaded! ). But when I was younger I almost bought a really expensive rig and I'm glad I went for the Carvin (I've got the MTS3212) - use the money you have left over for beer, impressing chicks and a Van Halen concert ticket if they ever get off their asses.
    RD<br /><br />"Rock 'n' Roll is my second favourite thing in the whole world" - DLR (1983)<br /><br />"We don't go for perfection, we just go for spirit." - EVH (1981)

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey RD, thanks for the advice. i'm most certainly not loaded. so thanks a bundle. i'm really considering the line 6, and i know even less about carvin. oh well, i'll do some research. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    yes, i will be lining up days in advance of when van halen tickets go on sale, should that ever happen.