Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I remember reading somewhere that Ed uses his harmoniser to detune to 98?(I think this is correct).
    I'm not sure exactly how to duplicate this. I've got a chorus and flanger but am not sure which to use and how to use it. Would it be a long deep sweep or a mild chorus sound?
    Any ideas?
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by sean112:
    I remember reading somewhere that Ed uses his harmoniser to detune to 98?(I think this is correct).
    I'm not sure exactly how to duplicate this. I've got a chorus and flanger but am not sure which to use and how to use it. Would it be a long deep sweep or a mild chorus sound?
    Any ideas?
    Ok I had the same queastion a few months ago, anyway what Ed is doing is detuning and delaying one side of his sound, so when he plays it sounds like a really good chorus, you have to play in stereo to get that sound and you won't be able to it just using a chorus .
    my GNX that I use for recording has a dtune feature that you can just put on one side, and also my live rigs Oberhiem has a pitchdelay that I use just on one side, they are poor mans hamonizers but work well, I know TC electronics
    has soomething out that will do it and I'm sure several other do as well but again if your not playing in stereo it's all for not.
    Rol.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Rol!
    I'm in stereo using a Digitech DSP128plus which doesn't have a harmoniser.
    I figured that if I turn up the chorus delay and level and left speed and depth at 0, it might have a similar effect.
    Am I right in thinking that the clean parts of 'Best of both worlds' are a good example of this sound?
    The rumor: W.D.F.A-We Don't Fuck Around.<br />The truth: W.D.F.A-We Disregard Fans Abundently

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

The Eventide killed Ed's tone. MO

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About it later
    Last Online

01.22.09 @ 09:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by sean112:
    Thanks Rol!
    I'm in stereo using a Digitech DSP128plus which doesn't have a harmoniser.
    I figured that if I turn up the chorus delay and level and left speed and depth at 0, it might have a similar effect.
    Am I right in thinking that the clean parts of 'Best of both worlds' are a good example of this sound?
    well I think anything after 1984 had a harmonizer on it, it has been a main part of what people cal his "overprocessed" sound since 5150.
    Rol.