Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    On Fire
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm eventually going to invest in a Wolf. Either a Special Flame Trans Purple or The real deal trans blue. I've played both and have noticed a little difference in neck and weight but haven't decided yet. Cash being the stumbling block. My real question is the wammy. I've been playing Floyds for years and it seems there is a real difference. I'm not sure I like the Peavey trem. I'm a crazy or has anyone else felt that or is it a getting used to it issue? Love your feedback. Thanks

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.28.08 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I couldn't tell much difference between my Floyds and the units on the Wolfgangs I've played. I mean really it's just a Floyd with Peavey stamped on it.

------------------
    Eat Us And Smile!!!

EUAS Co-Founder

"I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister!"....David Lee Roth

[This message has been edited by BrownSound1 (edited June 16, 2000 at 05:18 AM).]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brownsound1's right, it's just the way you set them up. If they're set up properly they're as smooth as silk. The thing that worries me about the special flametops is the fact that there's no binding aound the body. The edge is just rounded off, and left undyed to look like it's bound. I worry about the edge lifting over time. Also it doesn't appear that the maple is as deep as the standard models, and the neck doesn't have the feel or the 10 degree tiltback of the standards. There's something about the feel of a real good bird's eye maple neck that's great.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,550 Times in 4,921 Posts

Yep the Floyd on my Kramer is really pretty much the same as my Wolfie. Although I still think the one on my EBMM is better than both of them for some reason, it is just too smooth.

------------------
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Brett, how's it goin? Anyway, in reply to what you said, all my EVH's feel a little different, even though they're all set up the same. I just picked up a nice blue quilt and it feels different too. I set up my wolf so that when I push the B string up at the 13th fret(D), so that it sounds like the 15th fret(E), the trem lifts about 1/8 inch off the body. That's about as smooth as it's gonna get. Just adjust the back springs till it lifts. All my EVH's are set for the same spring tension, but they all feel slightly different. Maybe it's the springs. I still like the roomier neck on the wolf though.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Original Floyd Rose and Floyd Rose II bridges are better quality units that are made in Germany. Most of the Floyd Rose licensed trems are made in Asia. Most suck, but a few are pretty good. The Peavey unit is made in Japan by Gotoh I believe. It is made from stamped steel and the real Floyds are made from a special forged steel alloy (much more expensive) plus the fulcrums (the contact points) are made from hardened steel inserts. The stamped steel Floyds have no such hardening and the contact points will wear over time ruining the balance of the tremelo. A real Floyd Rose will last much longer than the licensed units, plus I think the fine tuners are better quality. I guess if you wanted to, you could pay 150 dollars and add a real Floyd bridge to the Wolfgang. The Peavey unit sounds ok, so what the hell. Play it until it wears out and then drop the real thing in.